Is Thailands Ways Any Of Our Business ?

soi41

Some posters just don't understand that VAT is a tax too, next they start arguing on that basis.

Whatever their arguments are, they become worthless.

I do not claim to have the answers in such a complicated situation.

But I know that we all pay tax in Thailand, whatever that entitles us to / or not.

I have no problem with people having different views, I love a good discussion, but with intelligent people only.

You just don't give up easily, do you?? Fifth post on this thread where you are teaching us, that VAT is a tax. I think, that all posters here are aware of that, even the unintelligent OP! What I said in my first post was: MOST of us pay no or very little tax. I now realise, that the correct wording should have been "income tax", so intelligent posters like yourself should not be in doubt.

My point with OP was simply to question the entitlement some expats feel they have, to tell Thailand which way to go, just because they contribute a little pettycash to the taxcoffers.

I am running a business here, and yes I am paying incometax and (let us not forget) VAT, which gives me no rights here whatsoever, which is fine, as it is not my country!

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Some posters just don't understand that VAT is a tax too, next they start arguing on that basis.

Whatever their arguments are, they become worthless.

I do not claim to have the answers in such a complicated situation.

But I know that we all pay tax in Thailand, whatever that entitles us to / or not.

I have no problem with people having different views, I love a good discussion, but with intelligent people only.

You just don't give up easily, do you?? Fifth post on this thread where you are teaching us, that VAT is a tax. I think, that all posters here are aware of that, even the unintelligent OP! What I said in my first post was: MOST of us pay no or very little tax. I now realise, that the correct wording should have been "income tax", so intelligent posters like yourself should not be in doubt.

My point with OP was simply to question the entitlement some expats feel they have, to tell Thailand which way to go, just because they contribute a little pettycash to the taxcoffers.

I am running a business here, and yes I am paying incometax and (let us not forget) VAT, which gives me no rights here whatsoever, which is fine, as it is not my country!

I wonder if you would feel any less jovial about your lack of rights if you lost your business entirely due to some discriminatory law or proceeding in which your lack of worth/rights in Thailand was truly highlighted.

^^Yes and they could confiscate my wifes land and houses. Tax me with a 100% Cyprus-tax on my savings. And forbid NVDR's on the SET. The world is a dangerous place! w00t.gif

Against all advice, when arriving here, I put all eggs in one basket=Thailand. So far so good!thumbsup.gif

If everything should go tits up, I am so lucky have a passport to a nannystate.

Everyone's got the "right" to criticise whomever and whatever they like, regardless of taxes paid or subsidies received.

Just as everyone around them has the right to listen to or ignore them.

Personally I choose to ignore most criticisms of Thai ways from farang (geez I love that word), just as I imagine so do most Thais.

Actually to be honest I probably should ignore them more, but then you all are of course free to ignore my failures to do so.

Mr World wide. Australia has no problems with dual nationality, hasn't for quite a while now. Thai passports are brown, not green.

Not that I want to let a few basic facts get in the way of another BS Thai visa rant. The floor is yours.

Everyone's got the "right" to criticise whomever and whatever they like, regardless of taxes paid or subsidies received.

Personally I choose to ignore most criticisms of Thai ways from farang (geez I love that word), just as I imagine so do most Thais.

Actually to be honest I probably should ignore them more, but then you all are of course free to ignore my failures to do so.

Just out of curiousity, what was you life like, before you became a serial-poster here?? wink.png

Rights cannot exist without duties. If everyone has the right to express their criticism then everyone else also has the duty to pay them attention. That would be one crazy world to live in. According to you, we should read every single post on thaivisa amd every other internet forums. If we do not do so, we are not enabling the universal right you claim we all have and it therefore does not exist and we therefore do not have it as you claim.

Just out of curiousity, what was you life like, before you became a serial-poster here?? wink.png
Just out of curiosity, why do you call him a "serial poster"?