The Condo Act?

I do not seem to be able to post this in the correct place, so maybe someone can move it

Thanks

I bought a condo and contractually had to pay for it on Feb 28th (which I did)

On inspecting it there where a number of issues which I highlighted and they said they would resolve. Mid March I inspected it again and some issues had not been resolved and new ones became apparent. They gave me a written undertaking that it would be ready on March 30th.

March 30th comes and there are still a number of problems (I have the title deeds, but refused to accept the keys... until the problems are resolved, because it seems each time they fix something another issue arises).

I am now at the stage that some issues they agree need fixing, and some they disagree with. They have paid me 20,000 baht compensation for the delay but that is under 1% of the purchase price.

I am just wondering what my legal rights are. I still want the condo, but I am unhappy at the progress and the fact that I have paid 3million plus for a condo that I can not (and/or will not) move into.

Can anyone help or refer me to a copy of the condo act which I am told will hep me but I seem unable to find it.

Thanks

The Condo Act is mostly concerned with the management and well being of the common area.

You have not been specific but I suspect that your issues concern the private area i.e. the area detailed in the Chanote.
This being the case then the Condo Act is only use if you had a fully detailed contract with the seller. If, in writing, certain things were agreed and have not been supplied –then the Act will support you.

If not:
Thailand does have consumer protection laws.
Most Law companies offer a free first consultation. This is possibly your best approach.

BTW whose name is on the Chanote?

Thank you all. It appears I was misinformed about the condo act, but thanks for the link. The Chanote is in my name, and yes contacting a solicitor may be the best bet if I get no success from the head office, and yes the issues are concerning the build quality inside my condo

Thanks again

What sort of build quality issues is it that you have, because in my experience, a serious defect will be taken care of fairly rapidly, but if its just cosmetic, ie, grouting, or tiles uneaven, kitchen cupboards out of whack, etc, etc, its more a case of stand in line with the other 200 odd plus owners who have similar complaints. Depending on the developer, as there are good and bad, you may be waiting for some fair time. Some developers build quickly, and without much attention to detail.