Thailand To Change From Left To Right Hand Driving

Lite Beer

I've heard that they were going to bring this in a long time ago in a staggered fashion going province by province around the country, after the cars they're doing the same thing with motorbikes, as of 2015 they aim to have all motorbikes converted to left hand drive only. Its bad enough getting served beer in a left handed bottle, but this is taking things way too far!! TIT!!

• Like 1

Yes, too obvious.

If you had said that on even dates you drive on the right and on odd dates you drive on the left, then it would have sounded perfectly logical and I would have believed it completely.

sounds like an April Fool!

My son is a policeman in Chiang Mai, and he told me about this months ago.

Preparations for the impending change will start to be implemented in some areas of Bangkok on September of this year.

This is the reason why the waiting times for new cars have been so long. From the start of next month, all new model vehicles will be left hand drive.

No he didn't, no they won't and no it's not, to your three comments respectively.

• Like 1

Dont you realise it is April Fools Day !! This has got to be a joke, but most of you believe it. Read it again carefully. Only 1 name is quoted and I bet that is a fictitious name.

Try getting up a little earlier. biggrin.png

What about the headlights, they have to be changed as well :-) - this will never happen...

You know Thai creativity: Turn the lenses upside down... Fit or not mai pen rai.

April 1 2014 Turn them back...

Edited by Teddy3943

The last country to change was, I believe, Sweden in the late 60s.

Italy changed between the wars, and in typical Italian fashion, changed gradually. Cities with trams were allowed to continue driving on the left (Rome was one) provided they posted signs at the city limits.

I was in Okinawa on the day they changed from the right (under US occupation) to the left (staying part of Japan.) That was a pretty amazing couple of days there!

This has got to

be the most idiotic idea, and to suggest it will be implemented, if it gets

passed, by January 2014.

The number of car manufacturers here in Thailand could not make the changes to all the tooling processes

and assembly lines in time. Does that mean they will have to import sub components (That will be a popular interim decision) and what happens to all the RH drive tooling that has not been amortised through current production vehicles.

Oh yes and not to mention majority of RHD pickups are exported from Thailand so if they maintain both the expense to the car companies is well you can just imagine. (Oh its to create more jobs)

Gosh what are they on to let us drive RHD vehicles on the right hand side of the road.

It is such a great idea. I suggest a Nobel Prize. There a many smart ideas from this Government. Let's have a 300km/h train or buy boats to push the water forward. Perhaps we can dig out all the roads and create a high speed canal, instead of cars. The boat man can decide where to drive ;-) So we have solved all the problems with one solution, including the flooding!!! Great!

My son is a policeman in Chiang Mai, and he told me about this months ago.

Preparations for the impending change will start to be implemented in some areas of Bangkok on September of this year.

This is the reason why the waiting times for new cars have been so long. From the start of next month, all new model vehicles will be left hand drive.

No he didn't, no they won't and no it's not, to your three comments respectively.

That was such an obvious attempt by Beetlejuice at 'topping up' the April fool.

Retired men cannot marry a few years ago was much much better... Nice try though...