Summer Storms Hit Lampang, Northeast; One Killed

webfact

Summer storms hit Lampang, Northeast; one killed
By English News

13647949633271.jpg

LAMPANG, April 1 – A sharp summer storm hit the northern province of Lampang on Sunday night with a 60-year-old villager being killed when a home under construction collapsed.

A village head in Lampang's Sop Prab district said more than 10 homes and a factory were damaged by the storm.

One villager was killed in an unfinished home which was knocked down by the high winds.

The victim, identified as Boonsong Khamwan, brought his six cattle to graze in the pasture as usual, but he sought shelter at the nearby building site when the storm hit the area.

The structure collapsed and he was later found dead in the rubble.

Meanwhile, the northeastern province of Nong Khai was hit by a hailstorm that damaged almost 200 homes.

A local official in Sangkhom district said strong winds tore the corrugated tin roofs from many homes.

A villager said the strong winds lasted only about half an hour, but blew away the roofs of many homes.

The abbot of Wat Papatawas said the his monastery’s roof was also damaged from the strong wind.

A total of 198 homes in Sangkhom and Kaeng Kai subdistricts were damaged, while some 100 rai of rubber plantation and electrical power poles were knocked down, cutting electricity in the area. (MCOT online news)

tnalogo.jpg
-- TNA 2013-04-01

The abbot of Wat Papatawas said the his monastery’s roof was also damaged from the strong wind. Well I am sure there will be loud speakers from the temple asking all Buddists to help with the repair of the roof played non-stop!!!

You don't have to be critical of everything. Or do you?

• Like 2

Only Thai storms are designed to create corruption and everybody knows this! My bother in law is a roofer LOl my wives uncle's are monks living in a torn up storm wrecked temple. What are the odds? <deleted> Thai storms!

The abbot of Wat Papatawas said the his monastery’s roof was also damaged from the strong wind. Well I am sure there will be loud speakers from the temple asking all Buddists to help with the repair of the roof played non-stop!!!

You don't have to be critical of everything. Or do you?

I think he was intimating that temples or Wats have enough money of their own to repair a damaged roof without begging from locals.

• Like 2

Sure was nice here in Surin storm was not too rough lots of rain for a couple of hours and a temperature drop of around 12.C. In fact there are new rumblings of thunder in the distance and a little pitter patter of rain dropping too..

Edited by siampolee

I just spoke to a neighbour who works for the Met Office and asked him if there was any rain on the horizon (for BKK) or if we were in for a repeat of last year. He reckons that for BKK it's going to be grim again heat wise, but there will be many such storms this hot season mainly in the Upper Central to the Lower Northern regions of Thailand.

These storms are usually isolated yet incredibly violent.

He asked I pass on a warning to you all that you should keep an eye on the sky if you live in this area and that if you do find yourself in a storm during this hot season, to really batten down the hatches.

Well all I can say is if you dont like it leave it. Maybe you dont want to help. Loud speakers are the thing they have to announce things.