I Am Still Alive, Thaksin Tweets

webfact

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh goody said the families of the people murdered for being drug suspects, a total violation of human rights, on this guy's watch, we want to talk to you.bah.gif

Well to say the very least, the drug trade dropped for a while during his term, but suddenly picked up in his absence. I wonder why?

The police couldn't cover their competitors markets while they were busy killing them off.

Has Thaksins lawyer come forward to deny this tweet or confirm the validity of the tweet.?

The tame mouthpiece should be informing us all of the veritable truth of the comments presumed being made by Thaksin. I shall not slumber abed peacefully until the oracle has spoken. cheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif

• Like 1

He's hardly going to be tweeting to tell everyone he's dead.

Well, he could just be resting after a long squawk wink.png

No, no, the parrot Thaksin isn't dead, it's he's just resting, and pining for the fiords ! tongue.png

• Like 1

I do not understand why so many farlangs dislike Thaksin. Do they think the Abhisit government was any better? The fact remains that he has won the last 4 general elections hands down. Yes he is a scoundrel but then again only such a person can lead Thailand. Or maybe you think otherwise!

• Like 1

Thaksin this, Thaksin that, it's getting to be too much.

The previous Pheu Thai spokeswoman and recently appointed government Dept spokeswoman Sunisa "Thaksin where are you" Lertpakawat spoke wise words almost four months ago when she said that the Democrats should "move past" Thaksin and stop acting as a drag on national progress. Maybe she can phone Thaksin and tell him something similar?

I do not understand why so many farlangs dislike Thaksin. Do they think the Abhisit government was any better? The fact remains that he has won the last 4 general elections hands down. Yes he is a scoundrel but then again only such a person can lead Thailand. Or maybe you think otherwise!

Yes, I think otherwise. Abhisit may not be perfect but I would prefer him to be PM over any Shinawatra. It would be impossible for anyone to look really good working against the disruptive self-serving agenda of Phua Thai or Thai Rak Thai or whatever the Thaksin followers want to called.

I see your point. But I would add that most of not all Thai politicians are self serving

With this being the 1st of April, which tweet was the real one and which one fake?

BTW
"Starting today, we are shifting to a two-tiered service: Everyone can use our basic service, Twttr, but you only get consonants. For five dollars a month, you can use our premium Twitter service which also includes vowels."
http://blog.twitter.com/2013/03/annncng-twttr.html

Well maybe so many farangs dislike Thaksin because, as you say yourself "Yes he is a scoundrel". And, maybe he is the only such person that can lead Thailand because Thailand can only understand the corrupt nature they have lived with and suported for decades if not centuries past. When you state "The fact remains that he has won the last 4 elections hands down", is not only incorrect but only (at the very least) proves that offering people who have very little ... a free ride, will buy votes every time a lying jerk decides to be a politician.

Edited by Dap

Yes, I think otherwise. Abhisit did not run Thailand as if it was his own personal property so, yes, it was better. Thaksin won a number of elections, but he had no respect for democracy which is about more than just elections (it involves respecting minority rights, freedom of speech, etcetera). Evil men win elections all the time, so what is your point? You must have a very low opinion of Thailand and Thai people if you really believe Thailand can only be led by scoundrels. You may be right on that, but I prefer to hold a more constructive and respectful view.

• Like 1

Oh goody said the families of the people murdered for being drug suspects, a total violation of human rights, on this guy's watch, we want to talk to you.bah.gif

Well to say the very least, the drug trade dropped for a while during his term, but suddenly picked up in his absence. I wonder why?

You took a holiday, and then came back.

Not my first guess of course.

Try living close to the Cambodian border, trends are measured in days not years.

Tweeting is hardly proof the guy is still alive, anyone with his account details/password could easily post something under his name.

Lets be honest, if he had met with an 'accident' they would want to keep the news quiet as long as possible so as not to upset the apple cart back in the LOS

I would not be a bit surprised if he didn't know the details himself. He just has some one write down his nonsense and post it on any forum they can get it on.

If Thaksin was dead you would know about it because the govt would suddenly have no clue what to do next, and all the urgent absurd policy directions would thankfully cease.

I really really really like that.wai2.gif

One can hope.sad.png

I guess I am not a nice man to think like that.

But I can live with it.smile.png

• Like 1

If that's what "he" really tweeted, then I'm inclined to believe the rumours -- big ol' Mr. Square-face isn't known for stringing together such grammatically feasible sentences.

I wonder if this is a story like his I am done with politics.

No they know the Abhist Government was better.

They just couldent get used to the idea of not having to hold on to their ankles all the time.

He's hardly going to be tweeting to tell everyone he's dead.

Well, he could just be resting after a long squawk wink.png

No, no, the parrot Thaksin isn't dead, it's he's just resting, and pining for the fiords ! tongue.png

UPDATE

APRIL FOOL'S DAY
I'm still alive, Thaksin tweets

The Nation

30203185-01_big.jpg
Fugitive former premier Thaksin Shinawatra returned to Twitter yesterday, posting his first tweet since November 1, 2011.

BANGKOK: -- After being away from Twitter for over a year, fugitive former premier Thaksin Shinawatra chose April Fool's Day yesterday to come back - to rebut rumours he had died in an accident in Dubai and say he will soon post articles on Facebook to share stories he thinks interesting.

"Hello Thailand! Sawasdee krub, my dear Thai brothers and sisters. I have been away for a long time, I'm back here to greet you again as I received phone calls from my family since the morning. They told me there were rumours that I might have died in an accident in Dubai. Then many of the red shirts and people who were concerned also called me. Here please allow me to tweet and clarify that I am doing fine. There was no such accident as [in] the fabricated story. It's April 1, April Fools' Day," he posted.

Thaksin's last tweet before this was on November 1, 2011 when he posted a message about rehabilitation after the flood.

Meanwhile, Thaksin's son Panthongtae posted on Facebook that his dad had returned to Thailand and had registered to run in Chiang Mai MP by-election.

Panthongtae said his joke was a reaction to rumours spread by anti-Thaksin groups about his dad having an accident.

nationlogo.jpg
-- The Nation 2013-04-02