Thai Food That Is Low In Calories

phuturatica

What Thai meals/food/snacks do you recommend eating that are relatively low in calories?!

The one problem I have with Thailand is that I never know how many calories each meal contains when I go to a restaurant and the language barrier proves difficult sometimes.

I'm trying to tone up and lose weight and I'm on a strict calorie counting thing but I never know how many calories are in most food unless I cook the meals myself, which I do most of the time, but what about when I go out to eat?

Thought we could start this thread to share our little finds and give tips on healthier low calorie eating.

My contribution...

Popped rice crackers - These are called Snack A Jacks in the UK and there's a whole other range of brands in Villa Market, but I also noticed some rice crackers in Tops and gourmet supermarket in BKK and these are home made and Thai branded therefore much cheaper than Villa Market. These are nice as a snack or light lunch with a topping.

Som tum. Great snack meal...all the flavor you want and really it's just salad. It's better to watch the processed carbs, those puffed rice things are devoid of nutrition. Go hit the fruit cart for some papaya and guava.

Som tum. Great snack meal...all the flavor you want and really it's just salad. It's better to watch the processed carbs, those puffed rice things are devoid of nutrition. Go hit the fruit cart for some papaya and guava.

I like stuff that just fills and is devoid of calories. I get enough real nutrition but sometimes i just need something to fill me up without it being calories.