P T T Sets Up Energy War Room During Myanmar's Temporary Gas Delivery Suspension

webfact

This is a blight on the management of this country, there's plenty of gas in the gulf (PTT) yet they buy from Burma, Why? Very dangerous game buying power and water from another country, in this region, can anyone really trust anyone.coffee1.gif

yeah, there is not. Otherwise they would be pumping it from the Gulf.

Get the population to use energy more wisely (freezing shopping malls, cars parked with running engines etc.) while work on energy independence from anybody else. Thais do not want to admit, that they DEPEND on Laos and Myanmar; both countries Thai look down to.

With more than 300 sunshine days there is a message somewhere. I wanted to install solar panels; the three digit import duty percentage killed the idea. Produce solar electricity and hot water, heat exchanger in hotels to cool off a/c systems by producing hot water.

These technologies have been around for a LONG time; but our lovely Neanderthais just do not want to get it!

What do you mean Thai's don't want to admit that they depend on these countries?

The fact that they do depend on these countries is front and centre of Thai energy policy and ongoing aquistions and the construction of LNG import terminals. No one is hiding from the over reliance on Myanmar.

But I guess it made a good sounding line, which is why you said it, right? Another fact free Thai Visa poster.

I gota 2 room 80 sq m flat. I open windows and turn on me fans. As it's hot at the moment, my lekkie bill was 535baht last month. Up about 50 from the month before. Outrageous! And that includes the landlord's add-on.

That cost includes a 50 inch TV and a 250 watt sound system,plus acomputer.

All do the same, there ain't a problem.

Easy to work out.

Get the population to use energy more wisely (freezing shopping malls, cars parked with running engines etc.) while work on energy independence from anybody else. Thais do not want to admit, that they DEPEND on Laos and Myanmar; both countries Thai look down to.

With more than 300 sunshine days there is a message somewhere. I wanted to install solar panels; the three digit import duty percentage killed the idea. Produce solar electricity and hot water, heat exchanger in hotels to cool off a/c systems by producing hot water.

These technologies have been around for a LONG time; but our lovely Neanderthais just do not want to get it!

What do you mean Thai's don't want to admit that they depend on these countries?

The fact that they do depend on these countries is front and centre of Thai energy policy and ongoing aquistions and the construction of LNG import terminals. No one is hiding from the over reliance on Myanmar.

But I guess it made a good sounding line, which is why you said it, right? Another fact free Thai Visa poster.

90% of Thais have no knowledge of these facts.

I was referring to government, which is all that really counts?

I was referring to government, which is all that really counts?

Well, Thais as a group noun, doesn't ever lead me to think of the government. If more Thais knew the reality, they would probably switch a lot more unnecessary crap off.

Which is all that really counts....

Edited by Thai at Heart