Two Questions. Whistles And Colours On The Board.

leisurely

:D:D Right. Why does everyone directing traffic have a big f.off whistle that they insist on blowing? Is there a big whistle shop somewhere? I can't believe the din theymake. I have managed to reverse sucessfully for 25 years without hitting anything else. It drives me mental :D:D

Secondly, how come some posters names are in red or have dots underneath them? Not important but I am nosy like that :o

:D:D Right. Why does everyone directing traffic have a big f.off whistle that they insist on blowing? Is there a big whistle shop somewhere? I can't believe the din theymake. I have managed to reverse sucessfully for 25 years without hitting anything else. It drives me mental :D:D

Secondly, how come some posters names are in red or have dots underneath them? Not important but I am nosy like that :o

Lol, i hate those whistles! I plug my ears when I'm walking by. I think the worst is in front of Big C. The system is that the car can keep moving as long as the whistle blows, if he stops blowing the driver stops... For a "high-context" culture, there's nothing subtle about those freakin' whistles!

right....its even worse when there's already a reverse sensor beeping away in the car.

sometimes i get confused which one to listen to, but i think i trust the electronic sensor more.

Secondly, how come some posters names are in red or have dots underneath them? Not important but I am nosy like that :D

Thai word for a whistle is Nok Wit.

It begs the question who gives the Nok Wits to the F. Wits :o