Where Do You Buy Your Organic Produce In Chiang Mai?

Greeen

Hi

I would like to know where people get their organic produce from in Chiang Mai, the only place I know of is the Royal Project on Suthep Road

Do you know of any other places to buy organic produce besides the main supermarkets like Tops and Rimping?

Thanks

• Like 1

I got them from the thai magazine and tried to translate as best I could. You can also have a thai friend re-translate again if you likesmile.png

Here is the list.....for "organic" vegetables market

ตลาดนัดเกษตรปลอดพิษอาหารปลอดภัย ที่สถานีวิจัยเกษตร มหาวิทยาลัยเชียงใหม่ Agricultural Research Center @ChiangMai University

เวลาที่ให้บริการ ทุกๆ วันพุธ เวลา 7.00-18.00 น. กับ ทุกๆ วันเสาร์ เวลา 7.00-13.00 น. every Wed 7.00-18.00, every Sat 7.00-13.00

: เจเจ มาร์เก็ต (หลังโลตัสคำเที่ยง) ถ.อัษฎาธร ต.ป่าตัน อ.เมือง JJ Market (behind Lotus)

วันพุธ,เสาร์ 05.00-10.00 น. Wed, Sat 5.00-10.00

ตลาดนัดเกษตรอินทรีย์ใน YMCA เสาหิน YMCA saohin
: ถ.เกาะกลาง ต.หนองหอย อ.เมือง วันเสาร์ 06.00-13.00 น. NongHoi, Sat 6.00-13.00

ตลาดนัดเกษตรอินทรีย์ใน รร.ดาราวิทยาลัย Dara Wittayalai School
: ถ.แก้วนวรัฐ ต.วัดเกตุ อ.เมือง วันพุธ 6.00-13.00 น. wat ket area, Wed 6.00-13.00

ตลาดนัดเกษตรอินทรีย์ใน รร.ปรินส์รอยแยลส์วิทยาลัย Prince Royal Wittayalai
: ถ.แก้วนวรัฐ ต.วัดเกตุ อ.เมือง วันศุกร์ 15.00-17.00 น.wat ket area, Fri 6.00-13.00

ตลาดนัดเกษตรอินทรีย์บ้านป้าลาวัลย์ BaanPalawan (behind university)
: ถ.หมื่นด้ามพร้าคต (หลัง ม.ราชภัฏเชียงใหม่) ต.ป่าตัน อ.เมือง วันจันทร์ 06.00-10.00 น.Paatan, Mon 6.00-10.00

มุมเกษตรอินทรีย์ในตลาดสดหนองหอย NongHoi Market
: ถ.เชียงใหม่-ลำพูน อ.เมือง ทุกวัน (ตลอดทั้งวัน) everyday all day

ตลาดนัดเกษตรอินทรีย์ใน รร.มงฟอร์ต (มัธยม) Mongford highschool
: ต.หนองหอย อ.เมือง วันศุกร์ 14.00-17.00 น. NongHoi area, Fri 14.00-17.00

ข่วงเกษตรอินทรีย์
: ถนนเลียบคลองชลประทาน ห่างจากตลาดต้นพะยอม 2 กม. ทางไปพืชสวนโลก วันจันทร์-วันเสาร์ 12.00-17.00 น.

on the way to the RoyalFlora, along the canal road, 2 km from TonPayom market...Mon-Sat 12.00-17.00

แม่ริม ตลาดนัดเกษตรอินทรีย์ใน รพ.นครพิงค์ NakornPing Hospital Mae Rim
: ถ.เชียงใหม่-แม่ริม อ.แม่ริม วันจันทร์,พุธ,ศุกร์ 10.00-15.00 น. Mon, Wed, Fri 10.00-15.00

สันทราย ตลาดนัดเกษตรอินทรีย์ในมหาวิทยาลัยแม่โจ้ MaeJo University (same side of goddess statue)
: ม.แม่โจ้ (ฝั่งประตูศาลเจ้าแม่) ถ.เชียงใหม่-พร้าว อ.สันทราย วันจันทร์,พุธ,ศุกร์ 10.00-15.00 น.Mon, Wed, Fri 10.00-15.00

ตลาดนัดเกษตรอินทรีย์ในหมู่บ้านแลนด์แอนด์เฮ้าส์ (แม่โจ้) Moobaan MaeJo Land and House (in front?), Sansai
: ถ.เชียงใหม่-พร้าว ต.หนองจ๊อม อ.สันทราย วันเสาร์ 14.00-17.00 น.Sat 14.00-17.00

ตลาดนัดเกษตรอินทรีย์ใน รพ.สันทราย SanSai Hospital (in front)
: รพ.สันทราย (สวนหย่อมหน้า รพ.) ต.หนองหาร อ.สันทราย วันพุธ,ศุกร์ 06.00-10.00 น. Wed, Fri 6.00-10.00

ฝาง ตลาดนัดเกษตรอินทรีย์ข่วงสุขภาพฝาง (don't know how to translate this, but it's in Fang)
: ชุมชนแจ่งหัวริน ถ.รอบเีวียง เขตเทศบาลตำบลเวียงฝาง วันศุกร์ 06.00-10.00 น.Fri 6.00-10.00

พร้าว ตลาดนัดเกษตรอินทรีย์โหล่งขอด (don't know how to translate this, but it's in Prao)
: ข้างที่ทำการไปรษณีย์ อ.พร้าว วันจันทร์ 06.00-12.00 น. Mon 6.00-12.00

สันกำแพง ตลาดนัดเกษตรอินทรีย์ใน รพ.สันกำแพง SanKampang Hospital
: รพ.สันกำแพง อ.สันกำแพง วันอังคาร,ศุกร์ 13.00-17.00 น.Tue, Fri 13.00-17.00

ดอยสะเก็ด ตลาดนัดเกษตรอินทรียใน อบต.ดอยสะเก็ด Or-tor-bor DoiSaket
: อบต.ดอยสะเก็ด อ.ดอยสะเก็ด วันจันทร์ 13.00-17.00 น.Mon 13.00-17.00

แม่แตง ตลาดนัดเกษตรอินทรีย์ตำบลสบเปิง MaeTang Market
: ถ.เชียงใหม่-ปาย ต.สบเปิง อ.แม่แตง ทุกวัน(ตลอดทั้งวัน) everyday all day

สารภี ตลาดนัดเกษตรอินทรีย์หน้าที่ว่าการอำเภอสารภี Sarapee - front of district office
: หน้าที่ว่าการอำเภอสารภี ถ.สายต้นยาง อ.สารภี ทุกวัน (ตลอดทั้งวัน) everyday all day

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Edited by doji
  • Like 2

Google Translation:

I got them from the thai magazine and tried to translate as best I could. You can also have a thai friend re-translate again if you like.smile.png

Here is the list ..... for "organic" vegetables market.

General agriculture, non-toxic food safety. Agricultural Research Station. University. Agricultural Research Center @ ChiangMai University.

Time of service, 7:00 to 18:00 pm every Wednesday and every Saturday 7:00 to 13:00 pm every Wed 7.00-18.00, every Sat 7.00-13.00.

: JJ Market (behind Tesco Lotus for lunch) Assadathorn Road Asada, T. Patan district in Andhra Pradesh. JJ Market (behind Lotus).

Wednesday, Saturday 5:00 to 10:00 pm Wed, Sat 5.00-10.00.

YMCA monolithic organic market. YMCA Saohin.
: Road island oyster, Nong Muang Saturday 6:00 to 13:00 pm NongHoi, Sat 6.00-13.00.

Organic market. School. College. Dara Wittayalai School.
: Road Kaewnawarat Watkate Tue 6:00 to 13:00 am Wednesday wat ket area, Wed 6.00-13.00.

Organic market. School. Prince Royal's College. Wittayalai Royal Prince.
: Road Kaewnawarat Watkate Tue 15:00 to 17:00 am Friday wat ket area, Fri 6.00-13.00.

General Organic Wild Lawan. BaanPalawan (behind University).
: Road Planning thousand machetes Khot (behind Chiang Mai Rajabhat University), T. Patan district Monday 6:00 to 10:00 am Paatan, Mon 6.00-10.00.

The organic food market in Nong Hoi. NongHoi Market.
: Road Chiang Mai - Lamphun Rd every day (throughout the day). everyday all Day.

Organic Market in school. Grande Fort (secondary). Mongford highschool.
: oyster, Nong Muang Friday 14:00 to 17:00 am NongHoi area, Fri 14.00-17.00.

Kuang organic.
: Irrigation Canal Road. 2 km away from the Sal trees to plant in the garden. Monday - Saturday 12:00 to 17:00 am

on the way to the RoyalFlora, along the canal road, 2 km from TonPayom market ... Mon-Sat 12.00-17.00.

Organic Market in London. Nakorn Ping Hospital. Nakornping Hospital Mae Rim.
: Road Chiang Mai - Mae Rim district, Monday, Wednesday, Friday 10:00 to 15:00 am Mon, Wed, Fri 10.00-15.00.

Organic Market in Chiang Mai University. maejo University (same side of Goddess Statue).
: M. Chiang Mai (the goddess of the court) Road, Chiang Mai - Phrao, Sansai Monday, Wednesday, Friday 10:00 to 15:00 am Mon, Wed. , Fri 10.00-15.00.

Organic Market Houses in the village. (Chiang Mai). Moobaan maejo Land and House (in Front?), Sansai.
: Road Chiang Mai - Phrao Nong Chom, Sansai Saturday 14:00 to 17:00 pm Sat 14.00-17.00.

Organic market. Hospital dunes. SanSai Hospital (in Front).
: Sai Hospital (Hospital garden) Nong Han, Sansai Wednesday, Friday 6:00 to 10:00 pm Wed, Fri 6.00-10.00.

Organic Market Fang Fang Kuang health. (Do not know how to Translate this, but it's in. Fang. ).
: Princess Road, the community is obvious pitch prior non-Fang Chiang Friday 6:00 to 10:00 pm Fri 6.00-10.00.

Organic Market Phrao the final knot. (Do not know how to Translate this, but it's in. Prao. ).
: the post office Monday 6:00 to 12:00 pm Tue Prao Mon 6.00-12.00.

Organic Market in Chiang Mai. Chiang Mai Hospital. SanKampang Hospital.
: Hospital San Kamphaeng San Kamphaeng district, Tuesday, Friday 13:00 to 17:00 pm Tue, Fri 13.00-17.00.

Organic Market in Chiang Mai. Police Saket. DoiSaket Or-Bor-Tor.
: Police Saket Saket Tue 13:00 to 17:00 AM Monday Mon 13.00-17.00.

Sop Mae Taeng district, prolonging the organic market. Maetang Market.
: Road Chiang Mai - Pai district, Mae Taeng district prolonging meet every day (throughout the day). everyday all Day.

Sarapee market organic functions that Saraphi. Sarapee - Front of District Office.
: function that Saraphi Rd rubber Sarapee every day (throughout the day). everyday all Day.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

• Like 2

This is a big subject and quite complicated but the short version is that to be organic first the land must unused for 3 years to clear any large quantity of chemicals pesticide etc then the seed has to be from a stock which has not been polluted in any way virgin seeds ,but of course it depends on the location of the land next to or near by factories could make everything void as far as organic produce is concerned . there are countries that implement certificates that certify that all of the above have been adhered to and those items can be called true organically grown produce .otherwise it is produce which has not been grown in clean soil and the seeds are of dubious origin but have not been sprayed with pesticides and these are the most commonly marketed as organic produce not bad but not true organic produce.if you want organic look for certifyed organic produce.

An example :

seeds are grown under conditions mandated by the National Standard for Organic Agriculture, including rigorous soil testing and the use of only approved fertilizers and pest controls. Certified by Clemson University DPI

In some countries, certification is overseen by the government, and commercial use of the term organic is legally restricted. Certified organic producers are also subject to the same agricultural, food safety and other government regulations that apply to non-certified producers.

http://www.ifoam.org/growing_organic/2_policy/case_studies/thailand_regs_policy.php

http://www.thaiorganicfood.com/ifoam.php

• Like 1

A few months ago there was an undercover investigation on Channel 7 News. It ran for a week on the evening news. They purchased "organic fruit and vegetables" all over Thailand; including from markets in Chiang Mai. They tested the produce at an independent laboratory and the average "pesticide free" vegetable contained 15 chemicals!

A few months ago there was an undercover investigation on Channel 7 News. It ran for a week on the evening news. They purchased "organic fruit and vegetables" all over Thailand; including from markets in Chiang Mai. They tested the produce at an independent laboratory and the average "pesticide free" vegetable contained 15 chemicals!

And how many in the regular stuff?

And how many in the regular stuff?

As far as I remember they were only testing what sellers were selling as "organic" and/or "pesticide free". They couldn't name names but the camera truck did roll past the little "organic market" near CMU (and Muang Mai Market of course).wink.png

The g/f says the whole video compilation of the investigation is on-line but I don't know how to search for it in Thai.

some of the organic produce that I've bought in the past have had a chemical taste to them!

I think the only way to be sure if produce is organic is to grow it yourself!

chok dee na krap!

• Like 1

some of the organic produce that I've bought in the past have had a chemical taste to them!

I think the only way to be sure if produce is organic is to grow it yourself!

chok dee na krap!

I second this.

However, we should not discredit the all organic sector because of some failures.

I'm convinced shopping at random is far more prejudicial (see the analysis made in Bangkok on regular vegs for sale and how they went through the ceiling of acceptable limits on chemicals; like 150 times (not %) the EU limit on some)

Ban Suan Pak health food store tests its produce and the owner Nong told me she rejects a lot of food that is supposed to be organic.

Mostly BSP sells low/reduced pesticide produce but has some items that test organic.

I am pretty unconvinced of the value of organic but there are people out there that might be sensitive to certain chemicals or don't mind paying extra as insurance. Nothing wrong with that.

Personally I worry more about the natural plant defense alkaloids like gluten and phytic acid that evolved as survival mechanisms. Just because a plant does not have teeth or claws does not mean they don't have defenses.

A lot of natural plant chemicals prevent digestion or cause irritation so the seeds can pass thru and potentially grow.

I focus on bigger fish like reducing all sources of plant sugars which increase inflammation via higher insulin levels. Reducing high sugar(carb) fruits and grains.

That and healthy fats like omega 3's like fish oil. That's just me but I do a lot of blood testing to monitor my results.

People that are putting organic at the top of the list and ignoring carbs and fatty acid profiles, I just wonder about their objectivity and desire to succeed.

"I focus on bigger fish like reducing all sources of plant sugars which increase inflammation via higher insulin levels. Reducing high sugar(carb) fruits and grains.

That and healthy fats like omega 3's like fish oil. That's just me but I do a lot of blood testing to monitor my results.
People that are putting organic at the top of the list and ignoring carbs and fatty acid profiles, I just wonder about their objectivity and desire to succeed."

You are doing very well but how come you suggest other people don't know this? Where we are looking for besides or included a healthy died is a better guarantee to have good organic vegetables and fruit.
By the way. how is your vitamin D3 level?

"I focus on bigger fish like reducing all sources of plant sugars which increase inflammation via higher insulin levels. Reducing high sugar(carb) fruits and grains.

People that are putting organic at the top of the list and ignoring carbs and fatty acid profiles, I just wonder about their objectivity and desire to succeed."

You are doing very well but how come you suggest other people don't know this? Where we are looking for besides or included a healthy died is a better guarantee to have good organic vegetables and fruit.

Basing that observation on people I know who eat organic items like organic bagels, pasta, rice or donuts and think they can do no wrong because its organic, non GMO or local and can't figure out or care why their body fat is not lower.

I have no idea what your doing or not doing.

D(3) and Magnesium are the two most common deficiencies.

Even with my level of fish oil intake and outdoor activity my D tended to be lowish so I supplement with D(3).

D was labeled a vitamin but now more considered a hormone.

Basing that observation on people I know who eat organic items like organic bagels, pasta, rice or donuts and think they can do no wrong because its organic, non GMO or local and can't figure out or care why their body fat is not lower.

I have no idea what your doing or not doing.

D(3) and Magnesium are the two most common deficiencies.

Even with my level of fish oil intake and outdoor activity my D tended to be lowish so I supplement with D(3).

D was labeled a vitamin but now more considered a hormone.

Yes of course its possible people are focussed on "organic" and have minor dietary habits. On the other hand some people become aware of healthier food and lifestyle and starting somewhere and a certain development occurs after which the diet is evolving.

Haha, I guessed you are aware of the benefits of D3. I supplement it also, depends of how much sunshine I catch. Many Thais are deficient in d3 specialy the white ones.

Organic pesticide free pesticide?

• Like 1