Your 64 right?

You've got a couple of choices as to what visa you apply for........

1. A Non Immigrant O multiple entry visa based upon retirement................this will give you 90 days stay at a time.......every 90 nights you will have to nip over the border and re-enter Thailand for a fresh stay of 90 days

or

2.A Non Immigrant O single entry based upon retirement if you wish to apply for a 1 year extension of stay when you arrive in Thailand...........advantage of this route is no 90 day border runs.........disadvantage is that you must either bring into Thailand 800k baht or have verifiable pension equivilant to qualify for the 1 year extension or combination of money/pension (there are other requirements but the money is the main one)

The choice is yours which route you take, a lot will depend on how long you intend to stay at a time...........if you choose the latter route you can still leave Thailand and return by the use of a re-entry permit.......this has the effect of protecting your extension of stay stamp.

Now back to your original question...............I understand Denver Thai Consulate is user friendly.

Apply within the last 30 days before travel...............reason being is that if you apply for any visa the validity of the visa starts to count down from the moment it is issued and not when you enter Thailand, so apply too early and you will not get the maximum use out of it.

Hi Whittler,

Sent you a PM with some info. I've found the Houston consulate very easy to work with in getting a multi entry O-A visa based on retirement.

The multi entry O-A visa based on retirement issued to me by the Houston Thai consulate provided me with up to a one-year stay in Thailand without having to leave. However, I must report my current address every 90 days at a Thai Immigration office inside Thailand.

The multi entry O-A visa based on retirement issued to me by the Houston Thai consulate provided me with up to a one-year stay in Thailand without having to leave.
Now, I am confused.

Are you sure your OA allows you to leave and re-enter Thailand during this year without the need for a re-entry permit?

--------------

Maestro

The multi entry O-A visa based on retirement issued to me by the Houston Thai consulate provided me with up to a one-year stay in Thailand without having to leave.
Now, I am confused.

Are you sure your OA allows you to leave and re-enter Thailand during this year without the need for a re-entry permit?

--------------

Maestro

Yes. I left and reentered Thailand at least 10 times during 2003 - 2005 on 2 multi-entry O-A visas (retirement) without having to obtain reentry permits. Required to report to Thai Immigration within 90 days after last entry, but no requirement to leave the country within 90 days. I presume the 'multi-entry' visa for which I paid $125 USD is designed to allow multiple exit/reentries within the visa dates as opposed to the regular single entry O visa, which is only $50 USD.

Now, I am confused.

Maestro..the Multiple 0-A behaves in the same way as an ordinary multiple O.............except with the O-A you recieve a fresh years stay with every entry.

If you leave the day before the visa is due to expire you can get 2 years out of the visa without having to qualify for extension of stay again within Thailand...............the only thing is in the second year a re-entry permit is required to protect the "extension of stay stamp" as the multiple entry visa will of expired.

:o

Yes. I left and reentered Thailand at least 10 times during 2003 - 2005 on 2 multi-entry O-A visas (retirement) without having to obtain reentry permits. Required to report to Thai Immigration within 90 days after last entry, but no requirement to leave the country within 90 days. I presume the 'multi-entry' visa for which I paid $125 USD is designed to allow multiple exit/reentries within the visa dates as opposed to the regular single entry O visa, which is only $50 USD.
I remain confused. What you describe sounds very much like a multiple-entry non-immigrant O visa, not an O-A visa.

When applying for your visa at the Thai consulate, did you have to submit a police clearance?

On your first entry, were you given permission to stay for one year?

Your answers to these two questions would give confirmation whether it was really an O-A visa, not a multi-O.

--------------

Maestro

I remain confused. What you describe sounds very much like a multiple-entry non-immigrant O visa, not an O-A visa.

When applying for your visa at the Thai consulate, did you have to submit a police clearance?

On your first entry, were you given permission to stay for one year?

Your answers to these two questions would give confirmation whether it was really an O-A visa, not a multi-O.

--------------

Maestro

Per the visa stamped and approved by the Royal Thai Consulate General in Houston, the visa is a "category O-A Good for multiple journey(s)". The visa application form I submitted to the Thai consulate was entitled "Additional Application Form for Non-Immigrant Visa O-A (Long Stay)". In addition, I had to submit a regular "Visa Application" form, in which I had to select from one of the following categories: 'Non-Immigrant visa', 'Tourist Visa', or 'Transit Visa'.

On my initial entry (and all subsequent reentries) to Thailand under this O-A visa, my passport was stamped with visas which stated 'Admitted until' one year after the entry (or reentry) date.

Per the visa stamped and approved by the Royal Thai Consulate General in Houston, the visa is a "category O-A Good for multiple journey(s)".
Thanks, Shotover. In the meantime I learnt also in another thread that some consulates do, indeed, issue multiple O-A visas. Good thing!

----------------

Maestro