North Korea To Restart Atomic Reactor

Lite Beer

This time i think the pygmy is actually going to upset everyone thinkibg China,will come to his aid.

I dunno... But i reckon ol fatso is going to be nasty

maybe China wont allow it. Why should they ? Any nuclear disaster on that site could impact on China (only about 150km from border). The Chinese are letting the boy play with his toys, but they are likely to keep him on a controlling leash.

You need to get up to speed here. Beijing has no influence over Pyongyang any more, not since Kim Jong Un's late pappy Kim Jong Il started his nuclear program, even if it was after Geo Dubya Bush put his foot in his mouth to label North Korea as a part of the "Axis of Evil." Beijing couldn't stop the North setting off nuclear tests and has no pull there to deal with the new reactor development either, whether the reactor is or isn't effective. Beijing wants a nuclearized Korean peninsula as much as it wants a hole in its head.

On the subject of N Korea and the PRChina, both the government and the sheeple of the PRChina have great disrespect towards N Korea for refusing to follow Deng Xiao Peng's reformist lead, i.e., similarly reforming the North's economy so that the North could develop jointly with the PRChina, feed its people itself, develop modern infrastructure, be a part of the CCP's fantasy world of the "Internationale,' etc etc. That's another falling out between the two governments - and, I reiterate, to include the vast majority of the people of China. The Chinese people's disrespect towards the leaders of the North is immense. The resentment in Beijing towards the three Kim's ignoring Beijing's entreaties to develop their country has bred a strong contempt by the CCP towards the Kim dynasty and their cronies.

Pyongyang is on its own in the present mess, which only compounds the North's numerous past complex messes.

It's been reported the past 24 hours that Beijing has been, since mid-March, moving troops to Jilin province, which borders N Korea at the Yalu River, and also into neighboring Chinese provinces. If the worst develops, and refugees mob into Jilin and surrounding provinces, the Chinese will accept them, but only long enough for the refugees to realize they might be better off back on the North side of the Yalu. Beijing will not make them feel welcome, much less comforted. Beijing can't stand disorder.

More haste, less speed. It would be unwise to predict that " Beijing has no influence in Pyongyang ". Never underestimate the Chinese government in pursuit of it's objectives.

This time i think the pygmy is actually going to upset everyone thinkibg China,will come to his aid.

I dunno... But i reckon ol fatso is going to be nasty

maybe China wont allow it. Why should they ? Any nuclear disaster on that site could impact on China (only about 150km from border). The Chinese are letting the boy play with his toys, but they are likely to keep him on a controlling leash.

You need to get up to speed here. Beijing has no influence over Pyongyang any more, not since Kim Jong Un's late pappy Kim Jong Il started his nuclear program, even if it was after Geo Dumbya Bush put his foot in his mouth to label North Korea as a part of the "Axis of Evil." Beijing couldn't stop the North setting off nuclear tests and has no pull there to deal with the new reactor development either, whether the reactor is or isn't effective. Beijing wants a nuclearized Korean peninsula as much as it wants a hole in its head.

On the subject of N Korea and the PRChina, both the government and the sheeple of the PRChina have great disrespect towards N Korea for refusing to follow Deng Xiao Peng's reformist lead, i.e., similarly reforming the North's economy so that the North could develop jointly with the PRChina, feed its people itself, develop modern infrastructure, be a part of the CCP's fantasy world of the "Internationale,' etc etc. That's another falling out between the two governments - and, I reiterate, to include the vast majority of the people of China. The Chinese people's disrespect towards the leaders of the North is immense. The resentment in Beijing towards the three Kim's ignoring Beijing's entreaties to develop their country has bred a strong contempt by the CCP towards the Kim dynasty and their cronies.

Pyongyang is on its own in the present mess, which only compounds the North's numerous past complex messes.

It's been reported the past 24 hours that Beijing has been, since mid-March, moving troops to Jilin province, which borders N Korea at the Yalu River, and also into neighboring Chinese provinces. If the worst develops, and refugees mob into Jilin and surrounding provinces, the Chinese will accept them, but only long enough for the refugees to realize they might be better off back on the North side of the Yalu. Beijing will not make them feel welcome, much less comforted. Beijing can't stand disorder.

More haste, less speed. It would be unwise to predict that " Beijing has no influence in Pyongyang ". Never underestimate the Chinese government in pursuit of it's objectives.

You're quite certain you haven't missed much during a ten year period of fundamental change in the increasingly deteriorated and sour relationship between Pyongyang, which has gone its own way, and Beijing, which is tearing its hair out over N Korea's stiff arming of Beijing.

It would not be unwise for you to catch up on some significant reading in these matters, brought up to date just last month. Accordingly, two links in particular are recommended, one from the private, non-partisan expert Council on Foreign Relations in New York City (the CFR, founded in 1921) , and the other, the New York Times (via Baron's Financial Weekly):

http://www.cfr.org/china/china-north-korea-relationship/p11097

http://brianbarrons.typepad.com/my_weblog/some-chinese-are-souring-on-being-north-koreas-best-friend.html

Extra, extra!! Read all about it! Pyongyang tells Beijing to stuff it.

Edited by Publicus

If it is done correctly, there will be no army left by day three. The only thing left to be done will be to provide the survivors with aid so they can live.

That brings up a salient point: When N.Korea implodes (there's no 'if' about it) - the resulting mess will need massive and prolonged support from .......you guessed it: mainly handouts from the US. They'll go from being a basket-case country to a mega basket-case which can't even grow 5% of their food.

How many reading this saw the 'special' on TV - where a small team of US eye surgeons went to NK. Voluntarily, they performed a couple dozen or so surgeries to enable N.Korean regular folks to see. As soon as the bandages were removed, the patients looked around and found the inevitable photos of their 2 leaders (one alive, one dead) on the wall. They then spent the next ten minutes making a lot of noise while offering praise & thanks to the Kims. Not one thanked the doctors who had performed the free surgeries.