Non Imm B Visa For Me And Tourist Visa For My Friend, Where Is Currently Best?

Hi,

My friend and I have leased a 3 story property to live in which I intend to use as a bar/restaurant downstairs. We have formed a company together, but only myself will be involved in running the business. We are both on tourist visas. Both below 50 and British.

I am only going to live there for now and NOT conduct any business until I get the proper visas/permits.

I intend to get a B visa then work permit, and he is going to get a tourist visa.

I have emailed the Hong Kong consulate who have told me that they do issue single and multiple entry B visas. Anyone had recent experience there - or would you advise somewhere else? I just keep hearing different things.

I assume the tourist visa can still be obtained most places except Cambodia?

Thanks for your time

spot

Sorry, I should have said we are on 30 day visas.

Spot

Can't help much on the best place to get the proper visas, but I sort of think you should not bother about the best place to get a multiple "B" in case that should be more troublesome than the best place to get a single "B".

I assume you've already formed the company? Your major concern now should be to get your basic personal affairs (visa, WP) in order so you can take proper care of company affairs. There'll be certain timelimits within which this and that company matter must be properly filed and registered at the proper offices/departments... Better get ready as soon as possible.

edit// thinking twice, the advice concerning single vs. multiple "B" above might be poor. I was thinking in terms of getting incountry 1-year extensions, but this requires that you employ minimum 4 Thais.

Edited by rishi

The company is just sorted and the lawyer is getting straight on with paper work for B visa.

I know the best bet is back home or Australia for a multiple, but I believe that I can extend a single entry B visa after I get a work permit - am I right?

Cheers

Spot

... but I believe that I can extend a single entry B visa after I get a work permit - am I right?

You're right in the sense, that it makes no difference for an extension (of your stay permit) wether its based on a multiple or a single visa... the exact same requirements apply to both cases.

The multiple entry visa might be handy in case you do not meet the requirement of 4 Thai employees, right away.

Good point.

I do hope to have the place up and running quickly after I get the B visa, and 4 Thai employees should be possible. Two full time, two part time.

Just in case though - anybody suggest where currently in Asia I could get a multiple?

Cheers

Mart