Dogs Chasing Bikes And Cars In Maenam, Soi 2.

Tropicalevo's quote

"(Personally, I stop the bike and shout in a loud voice at the dogs - NO!)"

Unless it's an English speaking doggy, wink.pngit may not understand "no" whistling.gifbiggrin.png

The Thai's say what I always thought was "BYE" but I was corrected on that the other day, it's more like "PIE" or "PAI" !!!

Another word I hear them say is "Yang".... the dogs seem to respond to that too! thumbsup.gif

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Gotta love topics like this one, for the simple reason that it's a honey-pot to all the cowardly dregs of society looking for an outlet to spew out their unbearable self-hate. I mean, what better way to find and add time-wasting lowlifes to your spam/post filter?

On the other hand, reading the few courageous posts sprinkled with common sense and compassion, restores my faith in the future of humanity. Lemoncake and others, I bow to you, good Sirs.

Get a grip. This thread isn't about hatred its about how to stop dogs attacking people riding scooters!! I don't want to see a dog hurt and would like to know any means possible to stop this happening because i'd like it even less seeing a child with serious head injuries because he/she was attacked by a street dog.

terms like courageous are more suited to human being that defied the perpetrators of the nazi holocaust, the Stalinist purges or fought for our freedom in the trenches of france, not someone lobbing a half eaten chicken drumstick to feed a dog.

Try to put it back into context and perhaps offer a way, that in your view would discourage a dog without hurting it.

I offered the solution at the start of this topic. A solution that is proven to work and doesn't harm you or the dog. But it does require courage.

Me too. The jiff lemon/lime @ post 7 were seen in Big C yesterday (200ml/THB 61) just around the corner from the milk :)

Tropicalevo's quote

Unless it's an English speaking doggy, wink.pngit may not understand "no" whistling.gifbiggrin.png

The Thai's say what I always thought was "BYE" but I was corrected on that the other day, it's more like "PIE" or "PAI" !!!

Another word I hear them say is "Yang".... the dogs seem to respond to that too! thumbsup.gif

I think it's more correctly spelt bpai, means 'go'. thumbsup.gif

Edited by yorkie100
  • Like 1

Gotta love topics like this one, for the simple reason that it's a honey-pot to all the cowardly dregs of society looking for an outlet to spew out their unbearable self-hate. I mean, what better way to find and add time-wasting lowlifes to your spam/post filter?

On the other hand, reading the few courageous posts sprinkled with common sense and compassion, restores my faith in the future of humanity. Lemoncake and others, I bow to you, good Sirs.

sir you have insaulted my honer i challenge you to a dual

Tropicalevo's quote

What you actually say to the dog makes little difference. (We have no idea what commands it understands - if any).

It's the very loud, sharp, aggressive noise that makes the dog back down. thumbsup.gif

I have a friend who has a soft voice - dogs ignore her. ermm.gif

My wife is a schoolteacher - dogs respond to her voice! (So do I. shock1.gif )

i normally chase dogs and bite them in my spare time. i have a gang strong of other dogs behind me we protect our turf and fight to the deathl pissing in strategic points to claim more ground biggrin.png today i musy go and own a car so i must prepare and get allot of fluids down me

Tropicalevo's quote

What you actually say to the dog makes little difference. (We have no idea what commands it understands - if any).

It's the very loud, sharp, aggressive noise that makes the dog back down. thumbsup.gif

I have a friend who has a soft voice - dogs ignore her. ermm.gif

My wife is a schoolteacher - dogs respond to her voice! (So do I. shock1.gif )

i normally chase dogs and bite them in my spare time. i have a gang strong of other dogs behind me we protect our turf and fight to the deathl pissing in strategic points to claim more ground biggrin.png today i musy go and own a car so i must prepare and get allot of fluids down me

Go for it BigC unsure.pngcrazy.gif

• 6 months later...

There's not much you can do about the dogs because most of them are stray. They live around the beach in maenam I was in maenam beach in may and there is a Rottweiler on that beach who for some reason just kept staring at me and my friend. We leff. Each pack of dogs have there own territory on the beaches not good if you have young children

"A chill as a bulls proof vest." I need your help on this one mate!!smile.png

i am lost also maybe was using the predictive text on the iphone shall have to hire a detective to work out that criptic message mean while here is a dog people mightnot want to fight is they were chasing you

this is my working dog currently in training

post-39813-0-98169700-1381836225_thumb.j

• Like 2

For me, just reach down and pretend that you're going to pick up a stick or rock.

Hold it like you are going to throw it and watch as they back away.

Works every time for me.

Also, something I've noticed but can only guess at, but why do dogs mainly chase Thais on bikes and cars?

I can only think it is because of the bad treatment they get. True?

• Like 1

Normally I pull up my sleeves and wrestle the dog

OK, now it all makes sense.

wrestler-dog.jpg.pagespeed.ce.EFngqR_UIr

yep there is a whole fleet of secret dog wreslters on samui and dogs who wrestle humans.

One seriouis question. What do you do to your dog if u find it with the neigbours chickens guts all over your door step. how do i stop the dog from doing this without a shock collar? unles anyone knows where i can buy 1.

unfortunalty the only thing i could do was tie my dog up and give it w few hits with the rest of the chicken. to somehow associate the pain with the dead chicken. I know it sounds bad but i dont want another 1 of my dogs poisoned again. the lessor of 2 evils.

Normally I pull up my sleeves and wrestle the dog

OK, now it all makes sense.

wrestler-dog.jpg.pagespeed.ce.EFngqR_UIr

yep there is a whole fleet of secret dog wreslters on samui and dogs who wrestle humans.

One seriouis question. What do you do to your dog if u find it with the neigbours chickens guts all over your door step. how do i stop the dog from doing this without a shock collar? unles anyone knows where i can buy 1.

unfortunalty the only thing i could do was tie my dog up and give it w few hits with the rest of the chicken. to somehow associate the pain with the dead chicken. I know it sounds bad but i dont want another 1 of my dogs poisoned again. the lessor of 2 evils.

Watch or buy a book by the Dog Whisperer BigC.

I wish he would come to Thailand to see what dogs are up against here back home not same back home not need to worry about dog being poisoned for eating cjickens

Sent from my iPhone using ThaiVisa app