Registering Thai Phone

Kevin1908

I can't get my g/f's Samsung Galaxy Note to work in the UK. We tried the SIM card that she used last year but it is too big for the phone so we got it cropped to micro SIM size. When I call the phone it goes to voice mail. When she tries to phone out she gets a message in Thai that the phone isn't registered.

What registration are they referring too?

Which service provider?

The SIM could be expired and was recycled, or international roaming is not currently enabled.

I'm not sure I completely understand your situation, but my best guess based on the limited information you've provided is that the SIM is not registering with a local network in the U.K.

Maybe better to use a local U.K. pre-paid SIM?

Maybe you damaged the SIM when cutting it down from mini to micro?

Edited by lomatopo

Which service provider?

The SIM could be expired and was recycled, or international roaming is not currently enabled.

I'm not sure I completely understand your situation, but my best guess based on the limited information you've provided is that the SIM is not registering with a local network in the U.K.

Maybe better to use a local U.K. pre-paid SIM?

Maybe you damaged the SIM when cutting it down from mini to micro?

The sim is a uk sim card. My g/f used it a year ago. I managed to top it up so I assumed it was still valid. She has been using her Thai sim card up until now without a problem, except the expense. I will take it to a mobile phone shop and ask them to sort it out.