Thai Police Adopt Scientific Approach To Fighting Crime

webfact

Police adopt scientific approach to fighting crime
The Nation

30203347-01_big.jpg

BANGKOK: -- The Metropolitan Police Bureau (MPB) plans to apply research findings to its crime-prevention plans.

It will take about two years for the Thailand Research Fund (TRF) to complete the studies on which the MPB will base its new approach.

"We have decided to turn to research in a bid to analyse problems and tackle their causes," Metropolitan Police Commissioner Lt-General Kamronwit Toopkrajang told a seminar yesterday.

He said the application of research findings would replace outdated methods currently used by police.

"We believe the use of research will help lower the number of crimes and the cost of police operations, while allowing police to deliver better performance," Kamronwit said.

nationlogo.jpg
-- The Nation 2013-04-04

A new program no doubt to be installed on a computer network linked to all stations.

Input all the available crime info into the software which will then short list the possible outcomes.

Then hit the "eenie meenie miney mo" button..

Wonder what the budget for this marvel will be ??

• Like 2

Another useless article skirting the subject without giving any hint as to what is going to be done and how. And then of course the multi billion b=Baht solution that will be 10% payment for goods and services and 90% disappearing into the corridors of Thai corruption, thus defeating the entire exercise.

• Like 1

The Nation's news department couldn't find a photo of a policeman or something scientific looking?

Like......

article-2235656-1620ED52000005DC-685_634

This press release must have come directly from the desk of General Mustard.

(he has to be a General by now)

• Like 2

CSI (any major city) in Thailand would be a hoot, wonder if the culture masters would approve though. What about Pattaya or Phuket 55. Target a regional audience, enlist the resources of Thai sponsors to promote their products regionally. Tone the show down compared to reality :)

So what was if before then, an un-scientific approach? i.e. you're nicked son . . . why? . . . cos I said so and you happened to be an easy mark . . .

On a more serious note, rather than trying to do it all themselves with 2 years of "research", would it not make more sense to follow some other countries example? Oh right, they can't do that, cos no other country is better than Thailand at anything. Stupid me.

• Like 2

So what was if before then, an un-scientific approach? i.e. you're nicked son . . . why? . . . cos I said so and you happened to be an easy mark . . .

On a more serious note, rather than trying to do it all themselves with 2 years of "research", would it not make more sense to follow some other countries example? Oh right, they can't do that, cos no other country is better than Thailand at anything. Stupid me.

Nothing exists outside of Thailand other than foreign currency on its way here.

New TV series coming soon - "CSI Thailand"

...and its offshoot CSI Pattaya, which I believe is to be a comedy.

They won't even investigate a crime when there is a CCTV recording of it. This stands no chance of success. Have to agree.....a comedy!

This is what they call CRIMINOLOGY. This was the field of study chosen by Doctor, Police Captain, Past Prime Minister, Fugitive Absconder TS.

I'm surprised that the statistics are not already collected and collated. Still it gives the BIB a two year holiday while they wait for the results of the research. Tea money in the mean time from research funding.