Fake Call Centre In Bangkok Stormed, Foreigners Arrested

webfact

Still baffles me how people can be so gullible.

Some govt sponsored ads on tv should be done in each country... It wont be long and these scammers will be out of business.

Educate the people.... !!!

BRB, I have someone calling me about an amazing investment...........

Hello good sir may the lord find you well on this lovely day my name is Tomas from Nigeria and I am representing the most prestigious law firm in Abuja.

We need your help to be releasing the funds of a very wealthy investor who died naming in his will a man of your name...................................

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Never had a phone call and I have been here 10 years. I am carefull who knows my phone number. I suppose if you give it out to some called low life in a bar thinking he is your new found friend when you have had a few drinks.

Then you are a prime target

The above companies get their contacts from websites for teachers by advertising a job and then browsing the resumes thus getting contact details. I have no time for these scum but in truth I have no time for idiots who fall for this kind of scam.

I also think it is about time a certain member was blocked from this site due to his or her racist views.

If I was in that line of business I dont think I'd be targeting teachers.

That's exactly who I would target. Many teachers are well known for living beyond their means, its not difficult on their wages. So they are easy targets for many kinds of illegal activities. Not saying all teachers sign up, of course not, just they are definitely a group gangs go after. And besides, teachers are hard to ignore. Seems to be two out of every three farangs in Bangkok are teachers wai2.gif

Ok The foreigners were arrested and are being held , but what about the Thais? were they set free Or what?

And what other thai scammers are being pursued? How many jet ski scammers are spending time in jail? Zero. How many others? Justice is a good thing, but must be fair, and evenly applied. Not just applied to those who do not pay off the police.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Some govt sponsored ads on tv should be done in each country... It wont be long and these scammers will be out of business.

It's a bit like the Nigerian emails announcing that Western Union is holding your $675,000 or that you've just won a lottery based on your email address or that your PayPal account has been suspended or that Thailand is shifting from driving in the left hand lane to the right hand. While they seem to be far fewer in number lately, they're still being sent out, which must imply they still get some replies. I find it difficult to believe people are still getting sucked in by those ... or that they ever fell for them for that matter.

Will this slow down the opening of Irish pubs in Bkk and the conversion of Soi Cowboy bars to coyote clip joints for money laundering purposes?

Why do you pick on Irish pubs and Soi Cowboy? Do you have some information you'd like to share or are you just speculating on who-owns-what?

Never had a phone call and I have been here 10 years. I am carefull who knows my phone number. I suppose if you give it out to some called low life in a bar thinking he is your new found friend when you have had a few drinks.

They don't target people in Thailand according to reports, that is one reason they are allowed to operate (for a limited period of time!) so you'll never be bothered.

The above companies get their contacts from websites for teachers by advertising a job and then browsing the resumes thus getting contact details. I have no time for these scum but in truth I have no time for idiots who fall for this kind of scam.

I also think it is about time a certain member was blocked from this site due to his or her racist views.

Why would fraudsters target teachers? They're trying to make money; don't think teachers are the ideal targets!

Hello good sir may the lord find you well on this lovely day my name is Tomas from Nigeria and I am representing the most prestigious law firm in Abuja.

We need your help to be releasing the funds of a very wealthy investor who died naming in his will a man of your name...................................

What's Nigeria got to do with this thread?

If I was in that line of business I dont think I'd be targeting teachers.

That's exactly who I would target. Many teachers are well known for living beyond their means, its not difficult on their wages. So they are easy targets for many kinds of illegal activities. Not saying all teachers sign up, of course not, just they are definitely a group gangs go after. And besides, teachers are hard to ignore. Seems to be two out of every three farangs in Bangkok are teachers wai2.gif

Most nonsensical post of the day.

I just had a call about an investment to triple my money in 3 weeks time. Unfortunately I could not take it as I was already taking a call from someone who was going to help me lengthen my penis.

rolleyes.gifwhistling.gif

Edited by mic59
  • Like 1

Ok The foreigners were arrested and are being held , but what about the Thais? were they set free Or what?

Why would the Thais be arrested as they were working in an occupation prohibited for foreigners....... scamming

• Like 1

Will this slow down the opening of Irish pubs in Bkk and the conversion of Soi Cowboy bars to coyote clip joints for money laundering purposes?

Why do you pick on Irish pubs and Soi Cowboy? Do you have some information you'd like to share or are you just speculating on who-owns-what?

I am not going to name and shame but rumour has it that money earned from boiler room operations has been ploughed into certain Irish bars in Bkk and is also laundered through the bars in Cowboy that have switched to the Wanchai style coyote format that entice newbies to spend a huge sum of money buying drinks all night for the coyote under the misapprehension they will be able to buy them out at the end of the evening. These businesses all operate on cash. So the trick is to overstate the sales significantly and pump extra cash into the bank accounts as revenues, pay some tax on it and bingo you've laundered the cash which you then pay out as dividends to shareholders, salaries and bonuses to management etc. The tax paid is the cost of laundering the money.

Edited by Arkady

i know a bunch of tightwad 'greedy' people that have invested money in a company called 'sound oil'. anyone ever heard of that company. what amuses me more is that they are all regular visitors to thailand and the most 'keeneow' millionaires youll ever meet. im wondering where they got this great investment from as they havnt had a penny back yet..

...........i didnt invest, im poorer than a BKK teacher......

Police and Department of Special Investigation (DSI) officers broke into the offices of the Capital Consultant Management company

Police said there were nine foreigners and several Thai nationals in the racket. The nine non-Thai suspects were from Canada, the UK, the US and Latvia.

Video of the raid and arrests:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_F5cfZtP4EM#!

Edited by Buchholz

I am not going to name and shame but rumour has it that money earned from boiler room operations has been ploughed into certain Irish bars in Bkk and is also laundered through the bars in Cowboy that have switched to the Wanchai style coyote format that entice newbies to spend a huge sum of money buying drinks all night for the coyote under the misapprehension they will be able to buy them out at the end of the evening. These businesses all operate on cash. So the trick is to overstate the sales significantly and pump extra cash into the bank accounts as revenues, pay some tax on it and bingo you've laundered the cash which you then pay out as dividends to shareholders, salaries and bonuses to management etc. The tax paid is the cost of laundering the money.

You're not prepared to back up your post but you are happy to jump on the rumour bandwagon. Pointless post then?

You do seem to be well-informed about money laundering though.

Police and Department of Special Investigation (DSI) officers broke into the offices of the Capital Consultant Management company

Police said there were nine foreigners and several Thai nationals in the racket. The nine non-Thai suspects were from Canada, the UK, the US and Latvia.

Oh xxxx. I've seen a couple of those faces out and about at some of the clubs in Sukhumvit disappearing into the toilets only to reappear 10 minutes later wiping their noses whistling.gif

Edited by metisdead

there is very little speculation involved, especially where irish pubs are concerned.

Oh xxxx. I've seen a couple of those faces out and about at some of the clubs in Sukhumvit disappearing into the toilets only to reappear 10 minutes later wiping their noses whistling.gif

They don't look too happy.

Wonder how many of them were regular contributors to the business sub-forums.

tongue.png

Wouldn't it be more easy to book the bar fines and increase the sales figures by inflating the number of bar fines?

Uneducated people are easier to manipulate - hence the Bangkok Government does not push such ideas. A population of Mushrooms is much preferred.