The Life And Times Of "saam-Loohh"

swissie

No, he's not a new star arising on the political horizon of Thailand, nor is he starring in any Soap-Opera.

He is a dog that had the misfortune to come into close contact with an automobile in his younger years, with the result, that he has to face the world on 3 legs only. But "saaam-loohh" = (the 3-wheeler), proved to be a smart dog. Him knowing, that with this disability, he could not win many street-fights anymore, he took domicile at a local Mom & Pop store.

There, he gets occasional leftovers from the Thai-Cuisine. If his water-bowl stays waterless, he ventures over to some sort of water-drainage canal to quench his thirst.

He is not alone, fleas and ticks and god knows what else have robbed him of a good part of his fur.

- On the other hand, the 2 daughters of the mom & pop store have brought a "fashion-doggie" back from Bangkok. White and extremely hairy (not fit for the climate). At the moment the attraction of the whole village. For how long?

Upon asking: You have already dog, why get Bangkok-Dog? Answer: Not same dog, for him i pay 3500 Bht in Bangkok! That of course, explains it all, doesen't it ?

TiT & Cheers.

PS: Will make a good effort , to sneak some leftovers from my cuisine in favor of the 3-wheeler in the future. Nevermind the Bangkok-Kid.!

Poor old Samlor. Sounds like he could do with some TLC, given his bad lot in life and parlous lodging arrangements, especially now that Bangkok-doggie has stolen the show and attention of the store owners. Couldn't you adopt him Swissie and gain some good karma for the next life, so you are more likely to return as Bangkok doggie and not Samlor? thumbsup.gif You could rid him of lice and ticks in no time, deworm the mutt and his hair would probably grow back once he had some decent food in his belly. Go-on, you know it makes sense! clap2.gif

Dont worry doesnt take long for nice cute puppy to get big (not cute and cuddly any more)and forgotten about, so 3 wheeler will have a starved mangy friend to hang with.

too true, as even an informal visitor up north, i have seen cute cuddly and expensive, go from being a house dog to running with rest of his canine mates around the burb, its like being a thai pop star, centre of attention for a fleeting moment, running with rest of the scrubbers after that.

Poor old Samlor. Sounds like he could do with some TLC, given his bad lot in life and parlous lodging arrangements, especially now that Bangkok-doggie has stolen the show and attention of the store owners. Couldn't you adopt him Swissie and gain some good karma for the next life, so you are more likely to return as Bangkok doggie and not Samlor? thumbsup.gif You could rid him of lice and ticks in no time, deworm the mutt and his hair would probably grow back once he had some decent food in his belly. Go-on, you know it makes sense! clap2.gif

Sorry to report that the "3-wheeler" is no more among us. Locals have discovered my liking toward him and offered to sell him to me for 1000Bht. I had to decline, because I travel a lot and have nobody to look after him while absent. Appearantly this was something like his death-sentence. 3-wheeler was found death ant stiff this morning on the roadside.

No external injuries visible. According to the "Phuu Yai Bahn", cause of death: Snakebite!

I believe otherwise. Upon discovery, that 3- wheeler had no "Market-Value" in form of Thai-Baht, someone served him his last meal mixed with extremely powerful "spices".

The ensuing discussion at the local Mom & Pop store made it all clear: "If I would have bought "3-wheeler" at the offered price, he would probably still be alive."

Fine. This is Thailand!

But for sure: The 3-wheeler will never know, why he had to make such a fast "exit".

Cheers.