Bangkok Court To Trial Son Of Red Bull Executive

webfact

The Red Bull family didn't get rich from corruption. They got rich by inventing a product that has become iconic worldwide.

Psst..... It was the Swiss partner who turned it into the big bucks. Prior to him it was a localized energy drink for Thai truck drivers.... If you are indeed a newly minted Thai, you should know your history....
swiss partner?

nonsense.

Correct...he is Austrian...but that doesn't help your argument in the least!

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Easy to have a "moral compass" from your comfy chair in front of your computer screen.

No...it is easy to have a moral compass, if you have an upbrimging that teaches you right from wrong.

Obviously, that doesn't happen too often in a country where ypu are a half- god if you are hi-so and above every law and on top of that the SON of such family, which makes you God's present to mankind!

But go on...what was it, you were saying about your own morals and ethics?

• Like 1

Yup.

And it's surprising that some farangs always want to jump on this racist bandwagon.

Power in Thailand is a balance between the royalty, politicians, the military, the police, the judiciary, and big business.

The Thai-Chinese can only be argued to have a significant foothold in the latter. And that is because of a culture of hard work, entrepreneurism, emphasis on family and education, and thrift. Just like the Jews of Europe before World War II.

They have been successful due to these qualities, not because they are somehow more corrupt or evil than the "Thais" from other ethnic groups -- as some here want to have us believe.

It is something to be admired, not resented.

• Like 1

The Red Bull family didn't get rich from corruption. They got rich by inventing a product that has become iconic worldwide.

Psst..... It was the Swiss partner who turned it into the big bucks. Prior to him it was a localized energy drink for Thai truck drivers.... If you are indeed a newly minted Thai, you should know your history....

Austrian I believe.

Seems some posters din't know the difference between "rich" and "hi-so".

In Thailand, none whatsoever .

Big, BIG difference.
You are correct. Rich is a clever Thai-Chinese merchant with a few businesses and a late model Mercedes. Hiso is when your last name is Ayutthaya like the girl who killed the people in the van on the expressway...

So if the little people are screaming for blood, the government is willing to throw a couple of rich people under the bus. The true hiso people will never ever face one second of any kind of punishment.

Nope.

Chinese Thai style justice in Thailand. One law for the poor Thais and one law for the elite Chinese that control this country

to be fair, money is the same colour, no matter who is passing over the suitcase full of it.

Names help, but nothing speaks louder than loads and loads of banknotes for everyone.

So I guess the clocks on each cam were synced perfectly to get this time you mention ??? lol yeah buddy, another tv expert. Some of you need to get real this is thailand and like I said before if this kind of corruption bothers you so much you really shouldnt be here. Doesnt matter if you are rich or poor here you can buy your way out of anything, and im betting if this was your son you wouldnt be so high and mighty about it. So go pay your 200 baht to the cops again and brag about your well connected friends you use to circumvent the system here (like everyone does), but quit picking on the guy just because he has money.

Perhaps you could enlighten me about all the bribes I pay and the connections I use that you seem to know so much about but I don't.

If this was a member of my family maybe I would try something like this but then if the police and judiciary in this country were any good I wouldn't get away with it.

Oh and I live here because my wife is Thai and she doesn't like it either.

• Like 1

I'm waiting for this verdict as it plays a part in determining my future travels; if he never spends any time in prison, I never travel to Thailand again!

Save your time and understand it's a done deal.

Simply never return and avoid the frustration.

Personally, I merely only wish defective products I buy could be reasonably returned for refund or exchange.

Life can be very harsh in LOS.

I was in HuaHin last at a hotel in the neighborhood of the family beach compound. During the evening a tow truck brought in a Ferrari with a smashed front end into the compound. Wonder if "out of sight, out of mind " applies.

any pics to back up that claim?

Please excuse be if I find it implausible.

Makes me laugh, outraged Farangs whining about this guy, if they had knocked down the cop, they no doubt would be scrambling round to raise the money to buy their way out of it.

Do any of you outraged Farangs think you wouldn't if you had the chance ?

We would....

The problem is, that they wouldn't let us get away with it....we are second class citizens

Hence...we whine..wink.png

Observe with bemusement would be a better expression..... Since these events do not affect any of us in the slightest, they become simply a source of amusement in a land full of amazing occurrences.

• 2 months later...

Fading....fading.....fading....... gone !!!!

I am always somewhat surprised that the family members of the loso people

killed by hiso people do not extract their own direct revenge. Clearly there will be no justice through the legal system, as that has been proven time and time again..

And they dropped the charges of driving under the influence because?

..and other issues that he should be confronted with: cocaine in the system, setting up a scapegoat, corrupting an officer......this rich coward won't be doing time, but I hope karma will pay him back. Or family of the deceased finding him out and about and then............... Edited by gemini81