If I Have A 3 Entry Visa, Does My First Entry Count?

OK before i get flamed, i know its a stupid question

but its my first trip outside the US since i was 10 so i'm a bit naive on Visa matters.

When i applied for my Visa, i asked for 3 re-entries

When i got my Visa, I saw 3 entries and assumed that it was for re-entries,

because i vaguely remember a payment for a Visa, and a separate payment for 3 entries.

So after a visa run, and another separate trip to angkor wat

I looked at my visa and noticed that my initial entry counted as one of the entries,

meaning now i need to do an overnight Visa run the next time. :(

Am i correct?

You should have paid 3x the single tourist visa price. Yes it is first, second, third entry - the all count as an entry. Have you extended any entry? You can extend an entry 30 days at immigration office for 1,900 baht - but if you have made three entries you do not have any remaining so you either get a new visa or return on visa exempt entry if you want to stay longer. FYI: if you are early in a visa stay and want to make a short trip you can buy a re-entry permit to keep your current permitted to stay alive (return for same date) by buying before you depart at cost of 1,000 baht from immigration.

Thanks LB3.

I've used a 30 day extension once. Can i do that again on my current entry to give me 30 additional days?

And are you saying that i can leave and return by paying for a reentry now with 1000baht payment?

leave and comeback the same day with a fresh 60 stay?

Thanks LB3.

I've used a 30 day extension once. Can i do that again on my current entry to give me 30 additional days?

And are you saying that i can leave and return by paying for a reentry now with 1000baht payment?

leave and comeback the same day with a fresh 60 stay?

No it would only keep your current permitted to stay date - so if now allowed to stay until May 15 you would get a new stamp until May 15 when you returned on a re-entry permit.

Got it! And yep, thats what i thought. Its good to have confirmation tho.

Thanks again LB

TV really is a one stop shop for Visa issues.

After I get my 30 day extension, i'll poke you guys for best ways to get a fresh Tourist Visa.

I'm assuming one of those overnight visa run operations.

Thanks again.

Yeh, I do hope you didn't pay 4x the visa fee since most offices say that if you get the amount wrong, they don't refund you. Anyways, a 3x visa is the longest duration they make, and also keep in mind that the visa has it's own expiration date that is 6 months after the visa was first issued. So I remind people that it's very possible to have a tripple entry visa that expires before you even have a chance to use the 3rd entry.

Regarding a fresh tourist visa, all would depend on where you are in Thailand. Traveling to Laos is an overnight van from Chiang Mai or a train ride from Bangkok. But other places make more sense from different places.

• Like 1

Thanks NC. I'm past the "indignant" phase. :D i'm now at the pragmatic phase.

Good tip on the 6 month duration of the Visa, I did not realize that.

So from bkk, what are my options if you dont mind asking.

Never mind, since you gave me a CM option, you're probably up in that area and not familiar with the bkk options.

maybe someone else will chime in later with a bkk optionwhistling.gif

But i am right about the new tourist visa, correct? i need to go across a border, resubmit my passport for tourist visa, and collect it the next day, right? meaning an overnight stay across the border somewhere.

Normally from Bangkok the trip is to Vientiane or Savannakhet and submit in morning and get next workday afternoon. Cambodia is not often used unless you plan to stay there anyhow as often takes 4 days and far from border (unless you use and agent just inside border and then you take your chances). Cambodia is often used by those with multi entry visas or only needing visa exempt entry.