Air Asia (again) Kl Terminal

Chang_paarp

I was just on the Air Asia site, and noticed that they are using a new terminal in KL.

It has the dubious title of the LCC Terminal (Low Cost Courier), the future for Don Muang. Unfortunately I am planning to to fly into KL on MAS and transfer to Air Asia for a trip to LOS. I have allowed 2.5 hours, this seemed reasonable when I booked in December, however, now I discover that they are using a different terminal about 20km(?) away. My timing might be a little tight now. :D

Does anyone have any information about getting from one terminal to the other?

The Air Asia web site in not exactly full of information nor is the KLIA web site. The maps are next to useless (no scale) and the information about the shuttle bus simply states they run regularly, the trains run every 15-20 minutes from KLIA to a station near the new terminal with a bus connection (who wants to bet it is the shuttle that picks up from the train station :o ). Taxis are available using a voucher system.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks CP

There will be shuttle buses between the two terminals. free????price????? don't know. Surely they will be free.

Looks like the two terminals are only a couple of KM's apart, but will involve a 20km road trip around the perimeter roads/freeways to get between the two. You'd reckon the shuttle bus could go straight across the tarmac by a much shorter route.

Some info from Air Asia at lcct.airasia.com/main.htm

Thanks Knocka

I looked at that part of the site before posting here. I also checked out the KLIA web site, it was about as informative.

I am a little surprised that this information was not on the booking confirmation I got in December. It is on the info I got today confirming the changed flight. I donot think this move came up in the last few months so a little customer service would have been nice. As part of my planning I emailed AirAsia about the filght, giving flight details, and only got the auto responder reply.

As an aside my stress levels have reduced as MAS has rescheduled my flight and I arive some hours earlier, so the change of terminals will be at a more leisurely pace. Not sure I wil see if I can get an earlier flight on AA at the moment.

I have looked at the information on AirAsia website. Surely the 20km distince between the terminals must by a typo.

I am booked on a flight from Bali arrive in KL at 23.10. I am now not sure whether I will make it to the main terminal in time for the last train to KL Sentral

I have looked at the information on AirAsia website. Surely the 20km distince between the terminals must by a typo.

I am booked on a flight from Bali arrive in KL at 23.10. I am now not sure whether I will make it to the main terminal in time for the last train to KL Sentral

No typo!!! That route shown on the map past the F1 is around 20km.

You CAN go round the south side (there is actually a link between those two roundabouts on the right of the map) about 10km, but it's only a 2 lane road and I'll put money on it being closed off to normal traffic as soon as people suss that it's a shorter route.

Edited by Crossy