Complaint About Very Bad Smell From Toilets On Last Flight

xerostar

Complaint about aircraft flight Thai Airways TG482 Perth to Bangkok 27th March 2013

I'm a seasoned air traveller and I've been flying regularly with Thai Airways for the past 8 years

from Perth to Bangkok and return.

On the abovementioned flight I was sitting in seat 62A, (one row from rear of aircraft).

I'm used to putting up with a few bad smells due to other passengers passing gas during the flight especially after a meal but that's not my complaint.

This for me was a flight like no other !

After each passenger visited the rear toilets, I was subjected to the most awful stench which came in wave after wave by the minute, especially during the latter half of the flight.

I tried wrapping a rug around my face to try and filter out the putrid gas I was breathing.

The air was so thick with stinking fumes, it was as is if I had placed my head in a toilet bowel immediately after someone had defecated in it. The smell was hard to describe but it was like a mixture of human vomit, excrement and diarrhoea.

Upon leaving the aircraft I was sure the smell had permeated my lungs and hair.

When I greeted my partner I was unable to kiss her for fear of making her sick from the smell on my breath which by now had the same odour of putrid gas I had been breathing for several hours.

I can only assume that there is something wrong with the ventilation system or there is a design fault with the aircraft. I find it surprising since I believe this aircraft was a fairly recent model.

It could also be that the ventilation was incorrectly adjusted, thus allowing the foul air to accumulate in the rear of the aircraft.

This particular flight was fully booked with no seat to spare.

On the return flight (3rd April) at 23.55 I was dreading the thought of having to go through the same ordeal yet again because I had reserved the same seats.

At check in I requested a seat further forward in the aircraft and was given a seat in row 39.

I needn't have worried because the flight was half empty and not once did I notice a bad smell.

I've sent a complaint to Thai Airways, in the hope that someone may take notice and do something about the problem.

I couldn't stop giggling at the OP to be honest..................cheesy.gif

Were you hoping to get a free ticket or something..........?? One assumes that the rest of the rear seating Passengers were Gassed as well...........??

• Like 1