O-a Multible

Just got back from Thai Consulate in Hawaii. Piece of cake for a O-A multible. I was surprised I got the multible. does that mean I can go in and out of thailand without checking with the police department each time as with an O-A single entry?

thanks in advance

If you have a multiple then yes you can come and go as you please providing no individual stay exceeds 90 days, if it does you will need to report your address to Immigration.........every time you re-enter Thailand your 90 day stay clock will reset to zero and commence from that point.

Each new entry to Thailand will give you a fresh years stay therefore by exiting and re-entering just before the years validity of the visa expires it is possible to stay for nearly 2 years before having to meet the fianancial requirements for extension of stay within Thailand.

If however you exit and re-enter after the visa expires (i.e in the second year) you will need to obtain a single/multiple re-entry permit before leaving in order to protect your years extension of stay stamp.

If you have a multiple then yes you can come and go as you please providing no individual stay exceeds 90 days, if it does you will need to report your address to Immigration.........every time you re-enter Thailand your 90 day stay clock will reset to zero and commence from that point.

Each new entry to Thailand will give you a fresh years stay therefore by exiting and re-entering just before the years validity of the visa expires it is possible to stay for nearly 2 years before having to meet the fianancial requirements for extension of stay within Thailand.

If however you exit and re-enter after the visa expires (i.e in the second year) you will need to obtain a single/multiple re-entry permit before leaving in order to protect your years extension of stay stamp.

Just got back from Thai Consulate in Hawaii. Piece of cake for a O-A multible. I was surprised I got the multible. does that mean I can go in and out of thailand without checking with the police department each time as with an O-A single entry?
Are you sure it says “OA” on the visa?

OA is usually valid for a singly entry, and upon entry gives you permission to stay for one year. For each subsequent entry during that year, you would need to get a re-entry permit before you leave the country.

Multiple-entry O is another story, explained above by thaiflyer_1.

--------------

Maestro

OA is usually valid for a singly entry, and upon entry gives you permission to stay for one year. For each subsequent entry during that year, you would need to get a re-entry permit before you leave the country.

Multiple-entry O is another story, explained above by thaiflyer_1.

--------------

Maestro

it definetly says O-A and also multible and the consulate made a point to let me know I had both, I am as suprised as you are. Of course we did get along well

Some Consulates will and do issue O-A multiples............very handy as you can postpone bringing your 800k into Thailand for 2 years.

Some Consulates will and do issue O-A multiples............very handy as you can postpone bringing your 800k into Thailand for 2 years.
Thank you, learnt something new today.

I guess valid for one year, on each entry get permission to stay for one year. Thus, if a last entry is made just before the expiration date of the visa, the first application for extension needs to be made only a little less than 2 years after the first entry. Cool!

--------------

Maestro

Thank you, learnt something new today.

I guess valid for one year, on each entry get permission to stay for one year. Thus, if a last entry is made just before the expiration date of the visa, the first application for extension needs to be made only a little less than 2 years after the first entry. Cool!

--------------

Maestro

That's exactly how it works maestro...TF's explanation in post #2 is right on the money. As he clearly points out,its very important to get that re -entry permit once the visa expires(365 days after issue) to protect the last entry made before this date.,ideally a couple of days before,thus giving the multi OA holder almost 2 years before having to extend in Thailand. As for the single or multi entry issue,I think its just a question of of price,when I got my multi OA(Feb.2005), in th U.S.it was $75 for the single $125 for the multi, definitely worth the extra $50 for the latter as far as I was concerned.