Petty Revenge

britgent

It's probably the "Face"thing again,which most of us will never understand why it's so important to them.In your case pretty childish tactics.

In all my many years here in Thailand, I have never experienced anything even remotely like what has happened to the OP.

So I agree it`s a face thing. They probably find his face offensive and like to throw bogies and wipe their snot on it.

HHMMM VERY TEMPTING but i do my booger throwing face to face (wildorchid's husband)

Most people live here for years and never have anything like that happen to them

They do?

Most Westerners who've lived here for years and Thais I know well enough to have discussed it with (all would be middle-class professionals) have had numerous petty, cowardly acts done to them by lower-class Thais jealous of what they don't have. They explained it to me as Thai culture.

When you understand the amount of repressed anger and regressed emotions the lower-class Thais who are living among those much higher than them have, you really begin to understand.

• Like 1

Most people live here for years and never have anything like that happen to them

They do?

Most Westerners who've lived here for years and Thais I know well enough to have discussed it with (all would be middle-class professionals) have had numerous petty, cowardly acts done to them by lower-class Thais jealous of what they don't have. They explained it to me as Thai culture.

When you understand the amount of repressed anger and regressed emotions the lower-class Thais who are living among those much higher than them have, you really begin to understand.

Only if you showing off your "wealth" or your "unbelievable nice bike" all the time. The fact you box people in classes doesn't help.

Never had that problem in over 30 years and neither anyone of my friends who live here for decades.

Edited by FritsSikkink

I've never any trouble because I'm brilliant blah blah blah so interesting.

I'd have no trouble if I lived in fear of the outside world and stayed in my condo all day then wai'ed the hell out of any Thai I thought saw me.

Sent from my i-mobile IQ 6A using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

I've never any trouble because I'm brilliant blah blah blah so interesting.

I'd have no trouble if I lived in fear of the outside world and stayed in my condo all day then wai'ed the hell out of any Thai I thought saw me.

Sent from my i-mobile IQ 6A using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

wai2.gifwai.gifwai2.gifcheesy.gif

They do?

You know professionals in Thailand that are middle-class? You guys crack me up.

• 2 weeks later...

Maybe it's the calibre of people you hang around with. I've never had any of those things happen to me. For instance, why would a parking attendant be seeking revenge? What happened between the two of you when you parked your car?

I've had numerous things happen to my motorbike by parking attendants and 'security' here.

Why?

I'm relatively young.

White.

Have a nice bike that they can only dream of having.

This seems to invoke utter rage in the lower-class Thai male age 15-50 who cannot handle it.

Screws and razor blades in the tyres. Mirrors broken. Gas tank keyed. Obscenities written on the license plate.

Beautiful people. Beautiful society. Beautiful culture.

PS. Some of the security were caught where I worked, they said it was because 'I thought I was a big shot' in the ensuing melee. Yes, being young-ish, white, clean shaven and wearing clean ironed shirts and pants while having a nice bike..... too much for their ego to handle. sad.png

being young-ish, white, clean shaven and wearing clean ironed shirts and pants while having a nice bike.....too much for their ego to handle

Maybe it is just your attitude.

Yes attitude can be a really big issue. Unfortunately some people don't realise they are just that...people..... in another (dare I say foreign) land. Many seem to have the old colonial attitude of being the "white man in a town full of Asians" attitude. I have seen this attitude in action many times, not only in Thailand but other Asian countries as well. You reap what you sow.