Petty Revenge

britgent

What is it with Thais and petty revenge?

So far I have had a lady leave nose bogies on my white towel and toothbrush, had a parking attendant let my tyre down and damage my scooter and last but not least caught a girl in the act of wiping the top of my open bottle of Leo with her snot rag.

Let's not forget the ex who turned up pissed with a friend and wrote obscenities on my door.

All revenge for something no doubt but why not just say something along the lines of "hey I am not happy about that" like a normal person would?

I am not perfect but why not just say they are pissed about something rather than get petty revenge?

• Like 1

Yes I am guilty of loitering with the undesirables and have sought to rectify this .

No problems, no arguments just petty things. Maybe colluding with peasants in a third world country isn't for me.

I need to up my game.

Sent from my i-mobile IQ 6A using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Yes I am guilty of loitering with the undesirables and have sought to rectify this .

No problems, no arguments just petty things. Maybe colluding with peasants in a third world country isn't for me.

I need to up my game.

You have the solution in your own hands thumbsup.gif

Yep I have been thinking this lately. Maybe reflecting on it here really has brought it home for me.

Plus I'm tired of xxxx conversations.

Edited by metisdead

It's probably the "Face"thing again,which most of us will never understand why it's so important to them.In your case pretty childish tactics.

In all my many years here in Thailand, I have never experienced anything even remotely like what has happened to the OP.

So I agree it`s a face thing. They probably find his face offensive and like to throw bogies and wipe their snot on it.

• Like 2

Good for you. No really.

Ho hum. Could be worse.

Could be married and 'mines different' only for everything to go tits up sometime in the future.

Edited by britgent

It is not a face thing, it's a childish thing (one & the other I guess). Though they all have it in em, I would suggest not mixing with a certain type... never take a tart back to your room. whistling.gif

I need to up my game.

with an answer like that no wonder u have problems

• Like 1

Suppose its all meant to be.

If anything I am bored to death of beer, bar girls and the 'scene'.

I suppose I am lucky in that I can exit the scene where as the workers must remain seeing the same types over and over again and get a bit jaded and weary.

I think I know a cause of a few if the incidents. The bogey on the drink and towel girls had just been dumped by long term boyfriends and were probably in the I hate all men mode.

Well that was my crazy intro here in los. Probably very similar to a lot of others and more than likely a little too tame for many.

Or maybe I am just a horrendous person for cutting through all the bullxxxx and lies.

Dry your eyes princess lol!

Edited by metisdead

I need to up my game.

I love the all knowing TV's who say this is because you associate with the "lower classes"....the "middle and upper classes" are no different in the childish responses/actions in similar siutations...

The problem in Thailand is that sometimes these childish responses to simple situations can be escalated to a whole new level...ie Ex-GF writing cr*p on your door one day....next day they could be trying to detach you from your manhood over the same thing, they are not know for measured responses in certain situations eg...flash your car lights at someone and next thing they are chasing you town trying to kill you

• Like 2

I need to up my game.

I love the all knowing TV's who say this is because you associate with the "lower classes"....the "middle and upper classes" are no different in the childish responses/actions in similar siutations...

The problem in Thailand is that sometimes these childish responses to simple situations can be escalated to a whole new level...ie Ex-GF writing cr*p on your door one day....next day they could be trying to detach you from your manhood over the same thing, they are not know for measured responses in certain situations eg...flash your car lights at someone and next thing they are chasing you town trying to kill you

While you might be right some of us never seem to encounter this kind of stuff over here.Others seem to attract it all the time, just wonder why.

• Like 2

I need to up my game.

I love it when they go nuts after I flash em with the lights. smash the brake pedal to the floor and jump out........... they run like little girls.

• Like 1

It is not a face thing, it's a childish thing (one & the other I guess). Though they all have it in em, I would suggest not mixing with a certain type... never take a tart back to your room. whistling.gif

jam tarts, lemon curd tarts .....

there are some really good ones out there

jam tarts, lemon curd tarts .....

there are some really good ones out there

The tarts are ok ... it's the fruitcakes we need to be wary of
  • Like 2

Maybe it's the calibre of people you hang around with. I've never had any of those things happen to me. For instance, why would a parking attendant be seeking revenge? What happened between the two of you when you parked your car?

I've had numerous things happen to my motorbike by parking attendants and 'security' here.

Why?

I'm relatively young.

White.

Have a nice bike that they can only dream of having.

This seems to invoke utter rage in the lower-class Thai male age 15-50 who cannot handle it.

Screws and razor blades in the tyres. Mirrors broken. Gas tank keyed. Obscenities written on the license plate.

Beautiful people. Beautiful society. Beautiful culture.

PS. Some of the security were caught where I worked, they said it was because 'I thought I was a big shot' in the ensuing melee. Yes, being young-ish, white, clean shaven and wearing clean ironed shirts and pants while having a nice bike..... too much for their ego to handle. sad.png

Edited by Almera

Maybe it's the calibre of people you hang around with. I've never had any of those things happen to me. For instance, why would a parking attendant be seeking revenge? What happened between the two of you when you parked your car?

I've had numerous things happen to my motorbike by parking attendants and 'security' here.

Why?

I'm relatively young.

White.

Have a nice bike that they can only dream of having.

This seems to invoke utter rage in the lower-class Thai male age 15-50 who cannot handle it.

Screws and razor blades in the tyres. Mirrors broken. Gas tank keyed. Obscenities written on the license plate.

Beautiful people. Beautiful society. Beautiful culture.

PS. Some of the security were caught where I worked, they said it was because 'I thought I was a big shot' in the ensuing melee. Yes, being young-ish, white, clean shaven and wearing clean ironed shirts and pants while having a nice bike..... too much for their ego to handle. sad.png

being young-ish, white, clean shaven and wearing clean ironed shirts and pants while having a nice bike.....too much for their ego to handle

Maybe it is just your attitude.

Edited by FritsSikkink
  • Like 1

What goes around comes around.

If you seem to be meeting a lot of a-holes, it might not be them. Just sayin'

Just saying. Straight off mumsnet.com

Cheers for your input

What goes around comes around.

Really? That's interesting.

Though I've never put razor blades or screws in other's tires, keyed their gas tank, written nasty messages on their license plate, adjust their mirrors everyday, etc etc.

In fact, all I've done to the people doing it is drive past them every day, park, go in to work, come out of work, get on my bike and then ride past them again.

Interesting theory though. Thanks for the input.