Crow Royal Whiskey

tavarich

Now that I have your attention.

I have run out of my favorite adult beverage, I bring in the limit when I fly in.

I wanted an opinion what you folks would consider a good blended whiskey here in LOS. Oh and why don't they sell CR here??? :blink:

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Edited by tavarich

Well...I am a result- drinker, so...everything is fine with me. But I found Benmore not yo be too bad!

But then again, I could possibly not tell a good whiskey from waiters piss!

Well...I am a result- drinker, so...everything is fine with me. But I found Benmore not yo be too bad!

Maybe you can't taste it, but I'm sure you could smell the difference biggrin.png

• Like 2

good blended whiskey

JWB is okay.

Red Laben is the least I go nowadays.

Below that go for something like Benmore, stay away from anything Thai.

Good luck.

"stay away from anything Thai"

Why? Do they contain anything injurious to health?

good blended whiskey

JWB is okay.

Good luck.

No but they will not be whiskey, blended spirits mostly. Thais cannot make real whiskey.

Edited by sms747

good blended whiskey

JWB is okay.

Good luck.

Yes, the crap that's in the bottle.

If one is reduced to drinking Thai made 'Whiskey', one has hit the very bottom of the bottom.

Though that comment might cause offense to the Thaier-than-Thai's who know nothing about the subject and automatically get offended when someone says that the Thai made version is utter poison and not fit for stripping paint, never mind touching in any way, shape or form.

Edited by Almera
  • Like 2

good blended whiskey

JWB is okay.

Good luck.

If one is reduced to drinking Thai made 'Whiskey', one has hit the very bottom of the bottom.

Though that comment might cause offense to the Thaier-than-Thai's who know nothing about the subject and automatically get offended when someone says that the Thai made version is utter poison and not fit for stripping paint, never mind touching in any way, shape or form.

No hatin' on you...just sayin': Saengsom Coke or Saengsom Sprite is quiet okay, if you dont overdo it!

Sure, no luxury product, but...hey...join the fun!

• Like 1

No hatin' on you...just sayin': Saengsom Coke or Saengsom Sprite is quiet okay, if you dont overdo it!

As you say, if you don't overdo it.

I recall very well from my early days in Thailand what happens if you overdo on ( then still called ) Sangtip or Mekhong.

good blended whiskey

JWB is okay.

Good luck.

The thread is about whiskey, Sangsom is RUM and absolute muck as well

Hasn't Mekhong disappeared altogether? Think the company went under a few years ago. Suspect that they based the name on where they sourced the water for it.

Mekhong has been re-introduced as an upmarket whisky laugh.png

They stock it at Big C and I think it's over 400 Baht for a bottle now. Even at 40 baht I wouldn't consider it.

They stock it at Big C and I think it's over 400 Baht for a bottle now.

April 1st was last week mate. Who do you think is going to believe that?

Then why you don't walk into the nearest Big C supermarket and look on the shelves?

Or better, have a look here http://www.thaibev.com/en08/product.aspx?sublv1gID=12

p.s. As reward i will not accept a bottle of Mekhong

Maybe you can't taste it, but I'm sure you could smell the difference

Especially if you have you lips around the dispenser!

Sent from my i-mobile IQ 6A using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Thai whiskey isnt bad, and it isnt great. good as a mixer. great price.

Thai rums are actually pretty good. Again mostly as a mixer, with a great price.

Cant complain

Altho, I really miss my Laphroaig :(

• Like 1

Then why you don't walk into the nearest Big C supermarket and look on the shelves?

Whoops. Did I forget to put in the [joke] tags. Never mind.

Slightly off topic, sorry, I bought a bottle of 'Black Cock' a while ago - simply to upload the label onto facebook - yep I am that sad - name made me chuckle for some childish reason....

Last week I had no booze in the house and could not be arsed to go down to Lotus for some wine, they sell a few good Ozzie reds.

Anyway, I drank the small bottle, mixed it with some OJ. Tasted kind of sweet on its own - a bit like a coconut infused Rum.

Had a fkn headache for about 2 days afterwards, and I do not suffer from hangovers usually.

It was only 70 baht for a half bottle, what did I expect - The wife had her 'Som Num Na' head on for the rest of the week.

Regards a decent cheap whisky - there are none smile.png

As a proud Scot I would say Talisker floats my boat - never seen it in Lotus though.

Edited by chonabot
  • Like 1

Slightly off topic, sorry, I bought a bottle of 'Black Cock' a while ago - simply to upload the label onto facebook - yep I am that sad - name made me chuckle for some childish reason....

Last week I had no booze in the house and could not be arsed to go down to Lotus for some wine, they sell a few good Ozzie reds.

Anyway, I drank the small bottle, mixed it with some OJ. Tasted kind of sweet on its own - a bit like a coconut infused Rum.

Had a fkn headache for about 2 days afterwards, and I do not suffer from hangovers usually.

It was only 70 baht for a half bottle, what did I expect - The wife had her 'Som Num Na' head on for the rest of the week.

Regards a decent cheap whisky - there are none smile.png

As a proud Scot I would say Talisker floats my boat - never seen it in Lotus though.

I once bought a bottle of Black Cock after some members onhere had posted that it could be compared with a good brand Vodka.

Wasn't that a big mistake, as you said too sweet and BIG hangover. Dumped the bottle after the first night.

• Like 1

Asians seem to prefer blended whiskies to single malts for some strange,unknown reason?Probably down to ignorance more than anything,price means face so they charge more for Chivas Regal/Johnny Walker than the good stuff! blink.png

Hasn't Mekhong disappeared altogether? Think the company went under a few years ago. Suspect that they based the name on where they sourced the water for it.

They stock it at Big C and I think it's over 400 Baht for a bottle now. Even at 40 baht I wouldn't consider it.

Heh! I've got a bottle of Mekhong in the drinks cabinet that I brought back to UK about 15 years ago, still 75% full.

I even had it on the shelf in the bar I had here in Greece for a couple of years.

And it's still 75% full.

I occasionally unscrew the cap and have a sniff, just to remind myself why I never drink it.

Never mind, I'm sure it will become a collector's item eventually:

"Wow! A twenty-five year old Mekhong? I'll give you a million Baht!"

Or something like that...