Crf 250L, Fierce Throttle In Low Gears

I bought a crf250l, its difficult to ride around town especially using low gears because the throttle seems very On or Offish.. sorry not technical terms smile.png

Basically you twist the throttle just a tiny bit in low gears and the bike jumps off, like it has too much torque or something. Its a pain to ride slowly and i end up either slipping the clutch all the time (which cant be good for engine) or using too high gear so i strain the engine.

Im just wondering if this is adjustable in some way or if it just the nature of the beast

Previously only "big" bike ive owned is a cb400 super 4 and i didnt have this problem as far as i can remember

Thanks

Edited by BuffaloRescue

Mine is fine, even pleasant to ride around Chiang Mai. Have you checked your chain? I find even a small amount of slack can make a bike feel a bit jerky at low speeds.

ok i will check, the bikes only done 500km so maybe its stretched? It does give the feeling the chain is snatching. Is it normal to adjust the chain after first 500 km/

Edited by BuffaloRescue

i had a couple of mm play in my trottle which gave it a horrible jerky feeling... i tightened it up with adjustment screw near the lever which made a big improvement.. Before you go off, turn the handle-bars side to side to make it doesn't it doesn't rev up while turning.