Marrying A Thai Woman

I am enagaged to a very smart & beautiful Thai woman. She finishes her PHD in 2016. I am waiting on her. She is much younger than I (25 years younger). She knows all about me & I about her. Me & her mother email each other regularly. even her mother is an excellant person & appear to like me. The question is, she seems to say things like "I can change" or "is this good enough" "i"ll do better" or attempts to point out how good she is doing. I would accept her any way she is she does have to change or be good enough for she already is, this is why I love her. Are Thai women submissive or see life in what they accomplished?? Is this a cultural thing I need to be sensitive of?? Are also regular Thai women virgins?? She lacks knowledge of intimacy physically & emotionally towards a man, is there any cultural concerns I should have?? I do not plan to be physical until after marriage & even then, will wait until she is ready. Are Thai women cautious about sexual relations?? Any advice is welcomed

Edited by bluesharp20049

I would say do some reading and catch-up on Thai culture.

Serious question here Mario, how are Thai women different to any others? I'm married to one, have a daughter to her and the only difference I can see is I eat a a lot of rice and chilli oh and she speaks Thai of course. Other than that there's not much else I can think of. Seriously. Edited by krisb

I would say do some reading and catch-up on Thai culture.

Serious question here Mario, how are Thai women different to any others? I'm married to one, have a daughter to her and the only difference I can see is I eat a a lot of rice and chilli oh and she speaks Thai of course. Other than that there's not much else I can think of. Seriously.

the average Thai lady differs in shape, size and weight when compared to the average Farang lady. the percentage of Thai ladies with (natural) blond hair and blue eyes is quite low.

wink.png

• Like 2

you should probably just ask her these things, if there is a language barrier then the only solution is too learn more thai; turn your post into a love letter and tell her " accept her [you] any way she[you] is she does have to change or be good enough for
she already is, this is why I love her. [you do not need to be] submissive or see life in what they[you] accomplished..etc.

Frankly, as an outsider to their relationship I see a bigger problem just from the description the OP has given, "emotional stability". Too big of an age difference between the two. One has a Father- daughter complex and the other has the opposite. You'd be better off marrying the Mother. You have a child who has not fully grown up, has not yet matured, and is most likely has self esteem issues. Being "educated" does not mean one is mature. Even if you wait until 2016 for her to graduate, neither of you will be ready for a serious meaningful relation ship. Go ahead and tell me I'm wrong but you know I'm right.

true, the question has to be asked: if you were in your 20somethings would you marry a woman 25 years older? Why is it always the women that marry the older men? I'm 42 and the thai woman i'm (finally) marrying is 37 and we been living together for 4 years. When i met her I was tempted to date a 22 year old instead-especially since it's so easily done here, but then I said screw it; I should be with someone my own age, just like if I were seeking a GF in my own country.

true, the question has to be asked: if you were in your 20somethings would you marry a woman 25 years older? Why is it always the women that marry the older men? I'm 42 and the thai woman i'm (finally) marrying is 37 and we been living together for 4 years. When i met her I was tempted to date a 22 year old instead-especially since it's so easily done here, but then I said screw it; I should be with someone my own age, just like if I were seeking a GF in my own country.

Would you be of the same opinion at 60? you would turn down a 35 year old for a 60 year old? widen your thought platform.......

If I'm 60 i just won't get married, to be honest- I called my first Thai GF 'my wife' we met when we were both in our 20s and we were together for 10 years but we never got legitimately married. The only reason I'm doing it now is because I want to be able to get my spouse a visa to the US, and if she likes it we might live there, i'm from long beach ca and there is a big Thai community there. but it is important to me that i not break up with my life partner again, i was sad when my first relationship ended, i thought it was going to be forever.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for the advice. She does speak very good english so no language barrier, I will learn Thai soon though. I have read some about thai culture & the various aspects. In her family there are some traditional actions & some are modern. Her mother is an excellant woman & is guiding me in some of these things. For the one question asked I met her through friends. As for her being too young & inmature, she has been coming around. Every relationship is a gamble this may work or may not only time will tell. Im not "trolling" & have been studying thai culture here & there. Anyone have any good books they would recommend about thai culture??