Visa Options

Hi,

I am Australian Citizen, married with Thai citizen since 1998, we live and work in australia , my wife held australian citizenship since 2002,

my age 45 yo, we are planning to go back to bangkok, we built our house there in 2008, what my options for visas, i understand that i can get Non - immegrant Visa type "O", and if i renew it 3 times i can apply for PR, do i need to go out of thailand every 90 days or just need to report my address? what my options please?

Your advice much appreciated

sincere regards,

A non immigrant O visa for entry and 90 day stay but after 60 days you could then extend on basis of having a Thai wife by meeting the 400k in bank account 2 months or 40k per month income requirements. Only if using that method would you qualify for PR after four years (not on visa entry) and I suspect you should really aim for citizenship rather than PR which offers little at your age; but unless working here both may not be realistic options. Only if on extension of stay can you remain more than 90 days without obtaining an extension or departing/entering again for a new entry. If PR/Citizenship are not concerns you can also obtain a multi entry non immigrant O visa for unlimited number of up to 90 day stays during one year periods.

• Like 1