Be Careful Parking On Nimman

Greenwich Boy

Wow..you mean nimmen to sirimankalajarn sois? Are they are actually enforcing the rule? Flabbergasted!

The one way system between nimmen and Sirimankalajarn was scrapped on April 1st.
The clamping of illegal parking was to take place (as before) but never really enforced.
Thats what ive read in any case.. surprised they are actually clamping!

Police have been routinely clamping cars on Nimmanhaemin at peak traffic time for some weeks now. There are clearly marked signs that say no parking after 4 PM. I almost took a photo of the policeman clamping the car parked directly under the sign at 5 pm. Even he was shaking his head.

I don't know if they are clamping vehicles on the sois, they are supposed to be enforcing the even/odd days of parking there but I haven't seen it yet.

Wow..you mean nimmen to sirimankalajarn sois? Are they are actually enforcing the rule? Flabbergasted!

The one way system between nimmen and Sirimankalajarn was scrapped on April 1st.

The clamping of illegal parking was to take place (as before) but never really enforced.

Thats what ive read in any case.. surprised they are actually clamping!

Only a few they don't have enough to enforce the law.

The cop who is clamping illegally parked vehicles around Soi 6 and Nimanhemin Road, does a good job. He is one of the few Thai Police Officers, I have seen that takes his job serous. This has been going on for at least two months. I would like to see the CM Police enforce traffic laws someday.

• Like 1

CMNightRider, on 08 Apr 2013 - 20:51, said:

The cop who is clamping illegally parked vehicles around Soi 6 and Nimanhemin Road, does a good job. He is one of the few Thai Police Officers, I have seen that takes his job serous. This has been going on for at least two months. I would like to see the CM Police enforce traffic laws someday.

this same policeman has been there clamping cars after 4oclock for a year or so.he does give you a bit of lee way, especialy pointing at signs.

They have always regularly clamped people on Nimm soi 5-13, they go after the people parking on the wrong side. I live in the area and see cops getting 5-10 cars/street quite a few times a month. IT happens more around 1st and 2nd week after pay day, as more people flood the bars then.

I would disagree, I think they've been doing this for years, I've been clamped and given a parking ticket on Nimmanhaemin road for about four times.

Don't know if this a pre Songkran fund raiser

yes i agree i should have said for years,quite suprising how they still keep catching cars,parked on the wrong side of the road,considering the amount of signs every were.

They seem to have become more agressive in clamping people parked on the wrong side of the street on the sois. Since the sois are barely wide enough for two way traffic when people park on just one side of the street I think it's a good idea to enforce parking laws.

• Like 2

I would disagree, I think they've been doing this for years, I've been clamped and given a parking ticket on Nimmanhaemin road for about four times.

Don't know if this a pre Songkran fund raiser

Well why don't you follow the rules then?

• Like 1

this same policeman has been there clamping cars after 4oclock for a year or so.he does give you a bit of lee way, especialy pointing at signs.

...and he's not a buligerant t**t like most of them. I was waiting for food at the vietnamese on the soi; and he came in to ask if any of the customers owned the cars adjacent; giving them an opportunity to shift 'em.

• Like 1

All police are very strict about parking laws because they split the proceeds 50:50 with the government. Official policy. Same when they have a helmet checkpoint etc.

That's why the guy is waiting on nimman come 16:00 ... he'll catch you. However - he will also come around nearby businesses and ask first, which I think is a really nice touch. I have been warned but let off I think two times so far.

Try that where I lived before in San Francisco. No way.

Edited by nikster

...and he's not a buligerant t**t like most of them. I was waiting for food at the vietnamese on the soi; and he came in to ask if any of the customers owned the cars adjacent; giving them an opportunity to shift 'em.

^ yep, he's definitely a good guy.

Let us move our bikes to the other side of the road on soi 9

Good riddance to the idiotic one way system; seems like they try that every other year or so...

Let us move our bikes to the other side of the road on soi 9

Good riddance to the idiotic one way system; seems like they try that every other year or so...

Actually I think they need the one way system, or they need to enforce parking on one side of the street 24-7. In the evening when people park on both sides of the street we have two way traffic on sois that only have room for one way driving. Frequent tie-ups occur, especially on soi 9.