I'm Leaving On A Jet Plane On 25Th April Back To England

Notstupid30

• Replies 253
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good on you. Personally I think you have been here to long already. It is a big, big world and plenty of places to have fun and make money. I have lived and worked in many countries in this world and each experience added to my life.

And 10 years living in Thailand is AWESOME on a CV or resume. Especially if your area of expertise is in hospitality or tourism.

May I suggest you look into North Africa or perhaps Central America (two of my favorites spots) instead of returning to Manchester.

Good luck!!

We're hypothecating he's from Salford, not Manchester.

OP.......contrary to TV opinion, there is still serious money to be made in the UK.

You'll walk in to a job in the hotel and hospitality business. Get your feet back below the table, look around and as long as you have an eye for the opportunity and basic business acumen you'll be fine. You have experience of working in the Byzantine world of Thai business and you won't believe how easy it is to do business in the UK by comparison.

Your prime earning years are coming up, fill your boots up and keep an eye on your long term goals. If you miss Thailand, it's only a £500 flight away for a holiday, but I fear the Thailand you love is now just a memory, there's nothing wrong with that, as it's a good memory. I had 5 cracking years in Germany from age 23-28 and I made unbelievable money for a young guy, and I spent most of it, you better believe I've got happy memories of Germany. :drunk:

Just come back, fill your boots off, and when you're ready look for the next adventure....that's what life is all about.

ps. To all you moaning faced geriatrics out there, leave him alone, you're just jealous that you didn't arrive in Thailand when you were 20. :coffee1:

You talk crap blether.

Guy who spends 20-31 in thai bars looking for the next opportunity and advice on TV...

OP.......contrary to TV opinion, there is still serious money to be made in the UK.

You'll walk in to a job in the hotel and hospitality business. Get your feet back below the table, look around and as long as you have an eye for the opportunity and basic business acumen you'll be fine. You have experience of working in the Byzantine world of Thai business and you won't believe how easy it is to do business in the UK by comparison.

Your prime earning years are coming up, fill your boots up and keep an eye on your long term goals. If you miss Thailand, it's only a £500 flight away for a holiday, but I fear the Thailand you love is now just a memory, there's nothing wrong with that, as it's a good memory. I had 5 cracking years in Germany from age 23-28 and I made unbelievable money for a young guy, and I spent most of it, you better believe I've got happy memories of Germany. drunk.gif

Just come back, fill your boots off, and when you're ready look for the next adventure....that's what life is all about.

ps. To all you moaning faced geriatrics out there, leave him alone, you're just jealous that you didn't arrive in Thailand when you were 20. coffee1.gif

You talk crap blether.

Guy who spends 20-31 in thai bars looking for the next opportunity and advice on TV...

Not all TV members are as useless and lacking in avuncular capability as you and I; I am sure that there are some amongst us with the wisdom and experience to offer constructive advice rather than being cyinically negative. Surely you could at least stretch to snide sarcasm? We all have to try and better ourselves, because no-one is going to do it for us

SC

Your prime earning years are coming up, fill your boots up and keep an eye on your long term goals. If you miss Thailand, it's only a £500 flight away for a holiday, but I fear the Thailand you love is now just a memory, there's nothing wrong with that, as it's a good memory. I had 5 cracking years in Germany from age 23-28 and I made unbelievable money for a young guy, and I spent most of it, you better believe I've got happy memories of Germany. drunk.gif

ps. To all you moaning faced geriatrics out there, leave him alone, you're just jealous that you didn't arrive in Thailand when you were 20. coffee1.gif

You talk crap blether.

Not all TV members are as useless and lacking in avuncular capability as you and I; I am sure that there are some amongst us with the wisdom and experience to offer constructive advice rather than being cyinically negative. Surely you could at least stretch to snide sarcasm? We all have to try and better ourselves, because no-one is going to do it for us

SC

Snide sarcasm from a new member with only 25 posts - surely not ?

• Like 1

I've been here since 1990, plenty of skint farangs have had to leave in my time here.

Now are you my bank manager i'm not skint,coffee1.gif Just got to that stage in my life and also looking into the future ...

11yrs.away from the uk.your goner be in for a shock,if you havent paid your ni.stamps you had better stop off in poland and get a passport cus you wont get f.all if your british.

• Like 1

I've been here since 1990, plenty of skint farangs have had to leave in my time here.

Now are you my bank manager i'm not skint,coffee1.gif Just got to that stage in my life and also looking into the future ...

11yrs.away from the uk.your goner be in for a shock,if you havent paid your ni.stamps you had better stop off in poland and get a passport cus you wont get f.all if your british.

doesn't sound like the lad want F-all from the government. Why would he, he is 30, who wants to beg for peanuts from welfare departments

• Like 2

OF course there is money to be made in the UK, what are you guys sniffing glue ? LOL>.... not for everyone, every second, but all you have to do is work...

My advice to this dude ? To avoid a rut

1. Go back to the UK... MAKE SURE YOU HAVE NICE FRESH CLOTHES AND LOOK GOOD< everyone will judge that new 1st impression... force yourself to be happy and outgoing..

2. Straight away pound the pavement day after day to find any temp job just so you don't get down and out like others are there with the whole ressionson thing

3. No drinking or party for a bit , with old buddies that are down and out, not yet anyways, just a quick hello, i am pretty busy, hang later.

4. take some lessons in what you love (music, sport) , get a gym membership, sign up to ANY free community colledge course part time... this will all provide you with new connections, get caught up on any UK financial crap like taxes and medical coverage crap... get your shit in order, get some new skills, everything leads to something

5. Once your stuff is in order, you like where you live, your days are filled with possitive things... Start to enjoy yourself again... but don't let the negative people from your past work their way back in .. MAKE NEW LIFE...

6. For old time sakes, and to keep it real, book ticket to somewhere you can get to really cheap in Europe to have a little vacation to remember, you are no longer a down and out never been anywhere small minded misrable the gov should take care of me person, you are now a worldly dude that understands things...

Basiclly - Just being overseas for 10 years is a huge thing most of your country men couldn't do, you did it and it was more valuable than colledge, now stop chasing women and wasting your energy on the things you did in your "youth" and become a good man that has what it takes to never be stuck and down..

Peace bro 1

See? That's the sort of kind-hearted and avuncular advice the fellow was looking for.

Don't buy a season ticket.... I'm not sure the Reds will last that long, even with Dr K's pockets behind them. Also, it will tie you down and discourage you from getting on your bike... probably better just to stick with the commentary on this forum.

SC

• Like 2

11 years is a long time in a thai bar if you start at 20.

The guy is probably a waster.

I do note that you brought a new low to the Maggie Thatcher is Dead thread.........it takes wits, intelligence and imagination to be a troll and in these areas you are quite obviously lacking.

I apologize to the mods for calling out a new member as a troll so quickly however check his brief posting history and I think you'll tend to agree.

I shouldn't digress, but a good troll would've offended more people, and would've tried to tap a well-known vein of spleen - he could've gone for the scroungers, or immigrants; he could've gone for the barlady girlfriends. Really, Blether, you should've tried to be more helpful, rather than focussing on the negatives.

Did I mention I was thinking about bringing the family back to the Old Country; I'll need to be quick though, while it still is.

SC