Taiwan, Thai T V Stations Sorry For Thatcher Photo Gaffes

webfact

Decisive Moments in History of interns and apprentices:

The Thai flag, called (Thai: ธงไตรรงค์; Trairanga, Trikolore), was introduced on September 28th 1917 by King Vajiravudh (Rama VI.).

thailand-flag.png

The typical Pepsi trademark, the so-called "Pepsi Globe" was introduced in 1962. Could this be an unnoticed copyright infringement- and this time even from outsideThailand?

220px-logopepsi1.jpg

My favorite is this one. Printed in the newspaper by the editors of the meticulous to the bone (when it comes to the little red dot on the map) Singaporean Straits Times. The Swiss flag from a Singaporean perspective. Singapores Swiss community was choking on their “Rösti” over this...

red-cross-flag.png

Edited by TackyToo

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

After claiming already to be the hub of hubs, we surprisingly discovered a new one: The hub of incompetence. They were probably only one click away to show the picture of Miss Piggy...

I think Miss Piggy whilst having the same traits as thatcher would probably made the better Prime Minister and definitely is more pleasing on the eye :)

a Thai station showed a photo of actress Meryl Streep

LOL, you just couldn't make this stuff up.

Actually we should be congratulating the Thai Army propaganda arm for realizing that Margaret Thatcher and Meryl Streep are not the same person. Congratulations channel 5! You just now need to study the atlas a little more to understand the difference between Austria and Australia.

Edited by Time Traveller

Remember, for many Thai's the world starts and ends at the borders of Thailand. But Thai's are really interested in Korean music and skin whitening products.

Yep - must say that I've also noticed how much the Thais awareness of international aspects has increased in the last few years . . .

R

how much longer must we be humiliated in Thailand by such ignorant people, that don't know the difference between butter and jam.

. . . and call toast 'biskit ' and cover it in sugar and don't let it brown cos they think that's making it dirty . . .

Edited by robsamui

Did the Brits complain? If the BBC had done something similar concerning Thailand the outrage would be huge.

I think we all shudder at the thought of what the reaction would have been but she wasn't Thai.

Recently a small shop chain in China was ordered to change it's external colour scheme as the Thai Embassy complained the layout and colours resembled those of the Thai flag. Pettry or what ?

Could you imagine if they mixed up the Thai pm with royalty? They would march on the embassy.

Resembled red white and blue. Strewth.

Edited by Thai at Heart
  • Like 1

Did the Brits complain? If the BBC had done something similar concerning Thailand the outrage would be huge.

I heard, that at least some cannot take that easy and relaxed. specially those who are outraged and upset at almost everything what happens in thailand (news)

Channel 3 news this morning with Sorayut and Nong Bike got huge mileage and chuckles out of this story, as it gave them a chance to put down Channel 5. This from a guy (Sorayut) who can't even say hello in English to his foreign guests. sad.png

I heard, that at least some cannot take that easy and relaxed. specially those who are outraged and upset at almost everything what happens in thailand (news)

Well I don't do outrage, but I think you agree the reaction if the shoe was on the other foot would be very different

Channel 3 news this morning with Sorayut and Nong Bike got huge mileage and chuckles out of this story, as it gave them a chance to put down Channel 5. This from a guy (Sorayut) who can't even say hello in English to his foreign guests. sad.png

the story is good for some chuckles.

no needs for putting someone down or sad faces.

Normally its the one that percieves themselves

rightly or wrongly, as lower in stature that is offended the most.

I doubt that the UK even noticed.

But TL, being an asian country (saving face and all)

and a developing country at that,

would have greatly lost face.

If the same situation had happened between TL and Japan, or SK, I think the same would have applied to a lesser degree. Japan, nor Korea would have cared much. The reverse would have caused TL some shame but not as much since it was with another asian country.

Well, perception often mimics reality. Why is face supposedly reserved for the supposedly lower of stature? Is this "small country syndrome" where they stand in the corner and stomp their feet and expect to be listened to?

That is what makes the laws so odd here, because there is a man in this country, who genuinely receives love, devotion and respect, and yet childish politicians and technocrats run around throwing tantrums to protect him, when in reality, he is WAY above criticism in comparison with those supposedly trying to protect him.

I remember the days of Arthur Scargil. The UK needed a leader like Margaret Thatcher to deal with him. She was a wonderful woman!

I remember the days of Mrs Thatcher, the UK needed more of Scargil types, to resist her dictatorial attitude, Poll tax--N Ireland--Miners--Falklands--privateisation--trippled unemployment---

All leaders do some good whoever they are, When they get drunk with power they all have to go, here is an example.

Council estate kid with a miner father??
Nearly right, Government officer, top hotel management, 1st class football referee.

You were so close. Brains rust