Isaan Girls

muythai2013

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

What do you consider 'special' about Issan Girls that makes them different from the other areas?

BTW ... I have a soft spot from Surin ... have met many fine folk from the place.

I don't really consider any region of thailand special, or any race of the world.

All I know is there are good and bad in all, Isaan people are quite down to Earth though, very unpretentious even when successful.

I teach my children to embrace their Isaan roots and be very proud of it.

On the same note there are many leeches in Isaan who make it tough on the good ones who are genuine.

Same here

Our little boy will be 3 in november & to encourage his language skills his mother will be taking him & his sister to Issan for an extended stay.

I will fly out latter to join them at the end of the trip.

• Like 1

Most Isaan girls don't work in bars. In fact, many now seek work or a university education.

My younger step-daughter, funded by her mother whose husband decided life without responsibility was for him and abandoned them to become a monk, has a Batchelor's Degree. She works in a family a/c business The younger one has just got a first class BSc and has been offered a double Masters and doctorate course at another university. Other local girls work in the factories or other businesses. A reducing number get pregnant very early and waste their lives.

Very rarely do you hear of one who has gone off to work in the bars amongst the beer soaked farang who create the demand for prostitutes.

Isaan girls usually come from poor families and I applaud any who get of their backsides and earn a living, even if it's in a bar.

Farang who view Thailand from behind a beer glass in Pattaya and such places should get out more.

You "APPLAUD" prostitutes because they get off their backsides. <deleted>, they are so lazy they earn a living on their backs. And this demand for them is because of the farangs. You need to get your head out of your ass,as most of the demand is from the thais.

cheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif

Most Isaan girls don't work in bars. In fact, many now seek work or a university education.

My younger step-daughter, funded by her mother whose husband decided life without responsibility was for him and abandoned them to become a monk, has a Batchelor's Degree. She works in a family a/c business The younger one has just got a first class BSc and has been offered a double Masters and doctorate course at another university. Other local girls work in the factories or other businesses. A reducing number get pregnant very early and waste their lives.

Very rarely do you hear of one who has gone off to work in the bars amongst the beer soaked farang who create the demand for prostitutes.

Isaan girls usually come from poor families and I applaud any who get of their backsides and earn a living, even if it's in a bar.

Farang who view Thailand from behind a beer glass in Pattaya and such places should get out more.

You "APPLAUD" prostitutes because they get off their backsides. <deleted>, they are so lazy they earn a living on their backs. And this demand for them is because of the farangs. You need to get your head out of your ass,as most of the demand is from the thais.

cheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif

i do so admire someone who can laugh at their own faux pas..

When a lot of the prostitutes in Pattaya are from Isaan this will generally be the first time foreigners meet anyone from that province in Thailand. They will form an opinion based on first impressions and sadly those impressions last and are constantly being re-inforced by girls from Isaan working in Pattaya.

and you have had experience lurking in pattaya

• Like 1

So who has a GF not from Issan? haha

My question is why are farangs almost always with Issan girls?

-

Many do, especially those you meet in online forums, they constantly brag about their Thai-Chinese or Chiang Mai darlings purer than pure and often rich to boot.

To answer your question because most farang meet their SOs in bars, and most bar girls come from the Isaan.

Also due to the long tradition of this being a main money earner for upcountry families there, often four or more generations now, all the aunties and neighbors etc are encouraging those deemed to be of the type farangs like to see that as their meal ticket from a very young age.

Some of them figure out how to do so without having to actually work in the explicit sex industry, and that is a very positive trend I wish more resources would be put into encouraging.

Answer, me.

Second question, do you really expect me to answer, if I did the post would be deleted.

Plenty of decent hardworking educated girls from Issan, why do so many end up with the wrong ones?

• Like 1

So from the usual negative racist ranting we go direct to positive racist ranting.

" one of Thailands friendliest people"

So the Isaan people are now more friendly than the rest of Thailand.....

Answer, me.

Second question, do you really expect me to answer, if I did the post would be deleted.

Plenty of decent hardworking educated girls from Issan, why do so many end up with the wrong ones?

Sex.

Sex, and excessive application of the small brain vs the big brain.

Answer, me.

Sex.

Sex, and excessive application of the small brain vs the big brain.

Sex. Nice one, if thats the case, why are so many shooting off to Pattaya at every available opportunity to go on a "food run"

No farang food to be had in Issan, I see them popping into Staffords for breakfast before heading on their journey.

As for sex, their wives seem to be getting more than the husbands.

I think the litmus test here is easy to perform.

Just go and speak with the owner of any beer bar in Patts, Phuket or other location.

Their number one problem is getting and retaining young girls.

Why...because...unlike a decade ago...there are now more opportunities for Isaan girls to get ahead...without resorting to working for some fat stinking, alcoholic farang.

Who needs a bar when you can stay on the farm...or in a local job and track down a farang on skype.

The real problem however...is now finding a farang with money...most westerner's are drowning in their own debt and have little slack rope to cast a life line to an Isaan princess...

I live in Issan and I am single, I could date a teacher, a doctor or a 7-11 worker if they would have me smile.png .

The reason my friend is Issan girls have grown up with very little and appreciate a stable life, loving husband and family.

If you grew up in conditions I see daily you would want better for yourself and your family. I sometimes wonder why people stereotype other regions when they have never lived there.

Come up during rice season, work in the blistering sun for 9 hours for a few quid/bucks and still laugh and smile at the end of the day.

We all have a lot to learn.

I beg to differ. Most of the Isaan girls who work in bars work in bars that cater to farangs and other tourists. You will find very few Thai punters visiting those bars. I also frequent a lot of bars that cater mostly to Thais. Sure, there are also many Isaan girls working there but they work predominantly as waitresses and seldom go home with the Thai clients.

A significant number of bargirls come from Surin. They all have a baby that live with its grandmother.

'A young wife - a long life'

You do realise that even IF (and that's a big IF) a significant number of bargirls come from Surin, that does not necessarily mean that a significant number of girls from Surin are bargirls, right?

How many times do we have to rehash the same old topic? Issan girls are no different than Chiang Mai girls, or Phuket girls or Bangkok girls. They are just people, and everyone has their own unique individuality. Why try to generalize? People react to how they were raised and what their family beliefs and values are. That can range from A to Z.

And, even in a swamp there are a few gems. I hate the generalization when people continually knock Pattaya and its inhabitants. Pick any city in the world and you will find evil people and true saints who are loving and giving..

• Like 2

I beg to differ. Most of the Isaan girls who work in bars work in bars that cater to farangs and other tourists. You will find very few Thai punters visiting those bars. I also frequent a lot of bars that cater mostly to Thais. Sure, there are also many Isaan girls working there but they work predominantly as waitresses and seldom go home with the Thai clients.

-

You're really mixing things up here. I completely agree that only a very small percentage of Isaan girls work in the sex industry. However you appear to have claimed that most of the demand for sex work in general is from farang. That is patently false, which was pointed out to you.

The fact that in general Thai mongers from other regions don't prefer the Isaan phenotype doesn't really have much to do with that discussion either way.

And I'd also like to point out that your claim that the teen pregnancy problem is "reducing" is also <deleted>, it's been growing by leaps and bounds in recent decades - perhaps because of more accurate reporting I don't know, but the problem IMO won't start to go away until the MoE is willing to allow for effective sex education about contraceptive use starting from the end of primary levels in schools - pigs are likely to fly sooner.

A significant number of bargirls come from Surin. They all have a baby that live with its grandmother.

You do realise that even IF (and that's a big IF) a significant number of bargirls come from Surin, that does not necessarily mean that a significant number of girls from Surin are bargirls, right?

Forget the IF, in the past I've had around 200 bargirls in my bed and owned 2 bars myself so I know the nightlife very well. I know most corners of the country even the hidden ones so I think I know what I'm talking about.

Believe me Surin is the main bargirl hub. Really you know nothing about this business.

Pick any city in the world and you will find evil people and true saints who are loving and giving..

-

Not to mention the fact that most sex workers are honest and sincere people and well worth considering as life partners, much more so IMO than the average stockbroker, banker or lawyer.

• Like 1

As a few others I too live in Isaan (far north east) and married to a local Isaan Girl. I had this long drawn up reply ready but realized it would be lost on most of the posters here.

For those of us who actually live here and have wives will understand, I think, the positive qualities of this region and the people. For the mixed couples I know what makes the Isaan girl so special has been her ability to weed out the losers and attract a supportive and loving husband (and one couple him attracting an amazingly supportive wife).

Well done gentleman (and 1 lady) for being a fantastic spouse.

• Like 1

Forget the IF, in the past I've had around 200 bargirls in my bed and owned 2 bars myself so I know the nightlife very well. I know most corners of the country even the hidden ones so I think I know what I'm talking about.

Believe me Surin is the main bargirl hub. Really you know nothing about this business.

Really?? How sad for you....and how destructive your life has been to others. But that is your choice.

Really?? How sad for you....and how destructive your life has been to others. But that is your choice.

What a pompous post. What gives you the right to sit in judgement on someone who lives their life differently to you. He does not seem at all sad - your pomposity does.

-

You're really mixing things up here. I completely agree that only a very small percentage of Isaan girls work in the sex industry. However you appear to have claimed that most of the demand for sex work in general is from farang. That is patently false, which was pointed out to you.

The fact that in general Thai mongers from other regions don't prefer the Isaan phenotype doesn't really have much to do with that discussion either way.

And I'd also like to point out that your claim that the teen pregnancy problem is "reducing" is also <deleted>, it's been growing by leaps and bounds in recent decades - perhaps because of more accurate reporting I don't know, but the problem IMO won't start to go away until the MoE is willing to allow for effective sex education about contraceptive use starting from the end of primary levels in schools - pigs are likely to fly sooner.

That is patently false, which was pointed out to you - when was this pointed out and how can you claim that my claim is patently false?

Also, regarding your last para, I think you might have confused me with someone else. To the best of my knowledge, and I would swear this under oath, I have never, ever made any comment regarding teen pregnancies.

Only 200? You're obviously way out of your league here.

Just out of curiosity, care to tell me where the action can be found around Phanom Phrai, Kham Khuen Kaeo, Maha Chana Chai and Rasi Salai?