Insurance Price Comparison Website

klubex99

Hi.

I have had a good hunt around, but I can't find any online car insurance comparison website.

Is there such a thing in Thailand?

If not. I want to insure my first car in Thailand. The car is a Ford Focus, 1 year old, it came with the usually free 1 year cover when I bought it, now my first renewal is due.

Anyone have any recommendations?

Thanks in advance.

Yes, I found www.gluaygluay.com too - you plug in your details and select the quote you're interested in. It's a very well designed site, I'll give them that. I tried it when my insurance ran out in January and a rep called me back a few days later. I had a Southeast policy though Chaz brokers and asked them to find a lower quote, which they did with New Hampshire. When the gluaygluay rep called me back, the policy I was interested in on their site wasn't available and when she explained the one she had it didn't offer the same benefits, so I went with New Hampshire. I'd always recommend printing quotes, it make them much easier to compare.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Yes, I found www.gluaygluay.com too - you plug in your details and select the quote you're interested in. It's a very well designed site, I'll give them that. I tried it when my insurance ran out in January and a rep called me back a few days later. I had a Southeast policy though Chaz brokers and asked them to find a lower quote, which they did with New Hampshire. When the gluaygluay rep called me back, the policy I was interested in on their site wasn't available and when she explained the one she had it didn't offer the same benefits, so I went with New Hampshire. I'd always recommend printing quotes, it make them much easier to compare.

Their website clearly sucks.

Looking up quotes for a Navara 4 door 1st class non- specified driver : quotes ranging 9500 - 15000. That is cheap

Same car 1 specified driver ( which is supposed to give a cheaper quote) no claim previous year. Quotes ranging 24000 - 33000.w00t.gif

No wonder they didn't have the policy available you were interested.

Edited by jbrain

all the quotes you get online are nowhere near the final sum,everyone we have had over the phone are totally diff.to when you visit the office,so far the best [not the cheapest]have been with syn.man.kong.many discounts eg.named drivers,low yearly milage[not more than

70 kilo's a day.one warning dont trust the garage sales rep.when they say i can get it cheaper,it happened to us on our first car.

all the quotes you get online are nowhere near the final sum,everyone we have had over the phone are totally diff.to when you visit the office,so far the best [not the cheapest]have been with syn.man.kong.many discounts eg.named drivers,low yearly milage[not more than

70 kilo's a day.one warning dont trust the garage sales rep.when they say i can get it cheaper,it happened to us on our first car.

Yes, that's what I discovered. I really liked the design and layout of gluaygluay and thought it had some great features like requesting a rep to call you. It's seemed to offer a good side-by-side comparison of different policies but then didn't deliver.

What I like about Chaz is that the broker sends you policies with a complete breakdown of the coverage. If gluaygluay did this, the service would be much improved.

Yes, that's what I discovered. I really liked the design and layout of gluaygluay and thought it had some great features like requesting a rep to call you. It's seemed to offer a good side-by-side comparison of different policies but then didn't deliver.

What I like about Chaz is that the broker sends you policies with a complete breakdown of the coverage. If gluaygluay did this, the service would be much improved.

first class ins.doesnt mean as we call it fully comprehensive,there are so many exclusions, sorry not covered,measly cover for accident,personel cover,if you knock anyone over wether on foot or a bicycle you have to see the full proposal and read it through.