American Publisher Found Dead In His South Pattaya Apartment

Rimmer

Connection to some big names in the music world both in the USA and in Thailand. That you (who are you?) haven't heard any of these names before is neither here nor there.

I bet you the American ambassador to Thailand has heard of BOTH the Beastie Boys and Sek Loso.

Who or what I know is far more important to me than whoever or whatever this chap knew. As for the US ambassador to Thailand, I dont have a clue who he is either, nor do I care.

Celebrity isnt all it's cracked up to be.

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Rest in Peace, Tim - and thank you for all the music and talent you have given to this world. Sincerest condolences to Tim's family and friends. I am sorry to see that news agents felt they have to publish a photo of Tim's apartment, eroding privacy and respect beyond reason...

• Like 1

I met him a few times over the years. He was a very quiet, low-key, unassuming, very polite gentleman, quite unlike what I would have expected a well-known record executive to be like. He never brought any attention to himself and I never saw him in the least bit rowdy. He wrote an interesting autobiographical piece (and was interviewed) in AfterDarkAsia Vol. 14 back in about 2010. He discussed his high-profile music career and 20-plus years of visiting and living in Pattaya. Rest in peace, Tim.

Thankyou for this Post , so often the Way . Its a shame that people make assumptions without really having any understanding of an Individual .

RIP TIM .

• Like 1

Drugs. Good riddance.

No users = no pushers = no drug problems

You've got that the wrong way around.

The problem starts with the pushers. To keep the business profitable you need draconian drug laws which make the drug scarce and expensive. More profit = more pushers = more users.

FORGET ALL OF THIS NONSENSE .

I personally dislike drugs ..But ANY war on Drugs will NEVER be won , absolutely impossible .

And lets never forget the drugs that kill the most are the legal ones ..Its all B/S and run by those make money ..Its never the poor individual " Mule " .

Very easy to try and Cast Blame .

• Like 2

The body of a 57 Year old American was found in his South Pattaya rented apartment on Wednesday and Police suspect he died in suspicious circumstances.

Who writes these articles and photo captions, 13-year-old junior high school students?

Up to now with the scant evidence available I see nothing wrong with that statement

The police believe he may have died under suspicious circumstances---OK?

Sorry to hear. Another one bites the dust in Pattaya. Will it ever stop.

yes , when the police really start doing their job, and not worry about getting bribes from the motorbikes for not wearing helmets.

• Like 2

OK, this man wasn't Marilyn Monroe but he perhaps has had a more "important" life than the average f-rang suspicious death case in Pattaya.

Important for what?

If I knew (or cared) who the f#%$ the "Beastie Boys", "Sek Loso" and "Lam Morrison Rock Pub" is/are, I might start displaying some minor interest in this chap and his unpleasant demise. Seems highly unlikely though.

Do you live in a cave..?? I am an old guy and I know who all those folks are. I have listened to Lam Morrison, but not my cup of tea.

RIP Mr Carr

I am sure after another thorough exhaustive and detailed investigation by the

police and forensics the conclusion will be another drugs related death and

that will be the close of the case.

And what makes you so sure that it is not a drugs related death? Just last year there was a huge national drama when Sek Loso's wife walked out on him and he confessed to being an addict and domestic violence.

I met him a few times over the years. He was a very quiet, low-key, unassuming, very polite gentleman, quite unlike what I would have expected a well-known record executive to be like. He never brought any attention to himself and I never saw him in the least bit rowdy. He wrote an interesting autobiographical piece (and was interviewed) in AfterDarkAsia Vol. 14 back in about 2010. He discussed his high-profile music career and 20-plus years of visiting and living in Pattaya. Rest in peace, Tim.

This is the post I was looking for. Someone who could give us the flip side of the coin most of these negative posters who never met the man are throwing up there. Thank you for taking the time to post about this man you knew. Rest in Peace Tim.

Drugs. Good riddance.

No users = no pushers = no drug problems

You've got that the wrong way around.

The problem starts with the pushers. To keep the business profitable you need draconian drug laws which make the drug scarce and expensive. More profit = more pushers = more users.

Nope.

No demand means no supply and demand is in the behest of the individual.

People with mush for brains and no will power to resist temptation should not be dictating the rules.

No-one makes people take drugs, they do it from free personal choice.

Execute all who push or use and at worst, the population will improve as a result.

RIP to this fellow but just how much did he contribute to his own demise ?

Maybe it is time to get all the murderers in Phuket en Pattaya of the street instead of hassling people over a work permit. Pattaya must be the murder capital of Thailand by now.

Certainly for farangs as the victims, imagine how bad it would be if prostitution was legal,

Important for what?

Connection to some big names in the music world both in the USA and in Thailand. That you (who are you?) haven't heard any of these names before is neither here nor there.

I bet you the American ambassador to Thailand has heard of BOTH the Beastie Boys and Sek Loso. coffee1.gif

Lets hope not.

Seems like the man has made a valuable contribution to the World's music industry. There's mention of dugs but is that just assumed ? I get the impression

that when you are here your past life, eminent, and successful as it may have been, is all just a blip in the past. Many of us farangs here have had eminent lives, been successful in our own fields, distinguished careers, some with big names, even now recognised if we go home, but here, in the Land iof Smiles, counts for nothing, It seems you are only as good as your last relationhip but if that goes awry then you are just ' NOTHING' and 'Watch Out'

Don't know whether that's a good contribution or not but that's the way I see things.

• Like 1

Is it a coincidence or crime against farang increased tenfold after russians come here?

You got somebody to kill? Call 1-800-RUSMAFIA to kill while they are in Thailand, (and other countries Russian Mafia has operatives).

I did not know the man personally, but as an American of some stature I would speculate to say that his contact with the Russian Mafia may have been minimal.

Yes, crime does seem to have increased against people with white skin color since the increase, but I have seen no statistics to back this up. Any statistics would be quickly challenged among those that understand how the Thai policing system works - most here are fairly familiar with the basic workings.

Thais coincidentally have trouble telling us apart from the Russians, I was last time asked if I was sent by someone with a Russian name, when I went into one of the clubs. I told them I wasn't and that I was there to observe and I was given free beers anyhow. Strange world that Pattaya place, but a good way to get away from the seriousness of the big smoke down the road in Bangkok.

I would say this death which appears to be on the verge of being considered a suicide through self inflicted wounds whilst under the influence of narcotics may have a little more attention than the average death placed on it by the US Embassy - it is famous for looking after its' figures of importance and rightly so IMO -many embassies do not do enough for their nationals overseas anymore.

Scooby douby doo where are you
  • Like 1

Sex, drugs, Rock and roll, and then throw in a bit of Pattaya, dillusion, corruption, dilusion, money, coke, hot smoke, and lifes a joke, a rolled up dollar bill, a bit of white powder, a long edged knife, a life lived on the edge, an ego bigger than Ben Hurr, a can buy you at any price, but I'm not easily bought, and you have it all......Just another Pattaya murder, and a murder that could have taken place in any country at any time, it was all up to the main actors in this soap as to where it took place......Normal classic shit, Pattaya, New York, Paris, London, Sydney etc etc etc. Rest in peace is for mothers, lovers and friends who lived a normal life that harmed not a soul, and "Got what you had coming" is for any others that decide to play the game to the max, and use any and all around you for your gain and pleasures......Work it out....sad.png

Rap song in the making "Corruption, delusion, money, coke, hot smoke, the monkey on your back has you hangin' from a rope..living your life by da butterfly knife, coroner couldn't get a word to your wife..10,000 baht bill in your ice filled nose, all them can say it was a lead filled hose...Yo playa..{Sampled drum beat here><dit da dit dit da dit> "Yo playa...<dit da dit dit da dit> <pause>.You played yourself..."

• Like 1