Anyone Just Feel That? Did We Just Have A Quake?

PoodMaiDai

weird.. I was awake but didn't feel a thing.

I'm checking all the quake maps and don't see anything either.

When you're wishing it was a quake, you know you're in a bad spot. laugh.png I don't want to think about the alternative of the soil under our building weakening or even the building itself.

If Thailand has an earthquake of 5 or better, beware. The building practices here are quite crappy and most commercial as well as private buildings, WILL come down. There is nothing to prevent it in place from . I came frlm a place that 100 quakes per day, most like this little guy here but the bigger then number, the more damage done. A 6 will likely hurt Thailand badly, an 8 will erase it.......

Jeezzzz, Xinloi, have you just arrived in CM?

I have been through about 5 major quakes here. You rememeber the tsunami quake, the Mae Rim quake? Fierce swaying on the 15 th floor with no damage. All high buildings have to follow the Thai quake standards.

Of course a lot of damage can be done by a 5 star quake. That is true for CM but also for every place in the world. If there would be a 8 Richter with epicenter in the middle of BKK at a depth of 500m; yes that would be a catastrophy for sure.

"A 6 will likely hurt Thailand badly, an 8 will erase it......": I just do not believe this.