Off-shore Bank Account

Thanks!

I currently have $100,000 I want to place in Singapore and/or Thai accounts and will be getting another $700,000 dollars more this year I will want to put into non-US banks.

I know about the currency reporting requirements when one travels internationally is $10,000 and also that the IRS requires reporting foreign bank accounts if the combined value of all accounts is over $10,000.Also wiring money from a US bank into foreign banks are recorded as are all checks.

80 overseas flights with under $10,000 in cash each flight isn't feasible so will have to comply with the tax man I guess.Think I should spread the 800 Gs over several Singapore and Thai banks.I realize that they won't earn much interest but that isn't a concern for me and I am a few years away from retirement and will settle down in Thailand with a retirement visa.

How would one who retired with a few million dollars get it out of America which I feel will undergo an economic implosion soon?

Why Thai banks?? :o If you are going to stay in Thailand, only transfer enough for normal day to day living and keep the rest outside the country or you might be stucked in Thailand without any possibility of transfer them out again when you leave. :D