Songkran Pictures Friday 12Th

Greenside

Great pics, thank you!!

More of that coming up today... Best party in the world.

And the Chinese have been a GREAT addition.. This can only mean a lot more of them next year, as I'm sure they'll spread the word.

Edited by WinnieTheKhwai
  • Like 1

It's pretty disgusting watching grown men throwing buckets of water into the faces of people driving on scooters.

Some people WANT to injure others and the festival is just an excuse so they can pretent it's all in good humor.

Last Thursday, well before the water throwing and the serious drinking started , an exodus of people travelling from A to B started with 39 reported killed on the road and 342 injured,nationally.There were 17 accidents in CM alone.heaven forbid the final body count when its all over. Of course its a matter of choice whether you want to put yourself and/or families at risk but common sense would tell you which direction to take.And yes a bucket of water in the face of someone riding a motor cycle is just moronic.

• Like 1

Umm

cm108 just posted this & asked where are the police.

The Thai response is not good.

Most upset & mentioning the kids nearby

Some of the funny ones mention kicking him into the moat

Edited by mania

Umm

attachicon.gif222.jpg

Appears to have confused it with Mardi Gras. So much for no Lewd behavior allowed. Perhaps not lewd but just so wrong. biggrin.png

• Like 1

Umm

attachicon.gif222.jpg

I hope that's not dear Winnie laugh.png

you think maybe.laugh.png

Or it could be one of the complainers mad because he did get thrown in the moat.giggle.gif

Umm

attachicon.gif222.jpg

They should just hit him with icewater, that will reduce the size of the offense.

Well... I saw the same guy, wearing the same attire, walking down Loi Kroh.. I have to say, while it's of course inappropriate, some context int he original picture could be lost. It was incredible, pretty much ALL of the bar staff ran out to spray him, grab him, pull his suit off, etc.. In the end of course he did lose it, but some Farang woman (same one as in the picture?) was with him with some spare boxer shorts, so he was able to cover himself again.

So.. inappopriate: yes. But in certain areas a good laugh too. Should be loads more pictures of him tomorrow, lots of people were taking pics and vids.

• Like 1

Some Thai in cm108 might think that this guy doesn't show respect to the local custom etc, but I'm sure a lot of Thai guys wouldn't mind looking at some farang girl in the same dress.

So.. inappopriate: yes. But in certain areas a good laugh too. Should be loads more pictures of him tomorrow, lots of people were taking pics and vids.

Yeah cm108 already has another on Loi Kroh

attachicon.gif333.jpg
Edited by ARISTIDE

Umm

attachicon.gif222.jpg

They should just hit him with icewater, that will reduce the size of the offense.

Well... I saw the same guy, wearing the same attire, walking down Loi Kroh.. I have to say, while it's of course inappropriate, some context int he original picture could be lost. It was incredible, pretty much ALL of the bar staff ran out to spray him, grab him, pull his suit off, etc.. In the end of course he did lose it, but some Farang woman (same one as in the picture?) was with him with some spare boxer shorts, so he was able to cover himself again.

Instant fame LOL

It's all good fun.

Against Thai culture for sure but part of Thai culture is also a forgivingness of people who haven't got the foggiest about Thai culture, which is what endears it to me. I am constantly forgiven for any gaffes (they don't know I am aware of that haha)... I don't run around naked of course.

As I was riding around enjoying the splashing, and stopping to get splashed, a ladyboy jumped on the back of my motorbike; "she" was so drunk she almost fell right off again, then lost her shoe and it ended up a very short ride. I had a good laugh. But was that "appropriate" for Thai culture? Likely not... even though that was a Thai person.

I wish that more farangs would "get" it and follow the unwritten rules of splashing as well as almost all Thais do; but I also realize that's really unlikely. So let's just have some fun and tolerate crazy farang ice buckets and such... :D

Yeah cm108 already has another on Loi Kroh

attachicon.gif333.jpg

Showed this picture to a few Thai friends.....I think they're still rolling on the ground laughing.

Impossible to explain away, or bother trying.....just let them have a laugh at the 'crazy farang'.

mania, on 13 Apr 2013 - 12:10, said:

Umm

attachicon.gif 222.jpg

"kick him in the moat"

Is that the euphemism the kids are using these days?

Oh...you mean "kick him inTO the moat. Nevermind...

T

• Like 1

I really hope the "culture police" don't take this too seriously. No harm was done.

The locals probably thought " what a novel place to keep his wallet & camera" whistling.gif

And immigration police wondering where his passport is. sick.gifbiggrin.png

The statement: No harm was done!

Surely, no harm at present, but it corrupts into the future! If you disagree, explain to me why the guy did what he did! Coudn't he have done like everybody else having fun? What the fxxk is he thinking behaving like a moron with some idiotic over-the-top farangs, particularly the females, supporting such an idiot? I ain't for such: supporting "holiday spirit"! He's gone too far!

Surely, no harm at present, but it corrupts into the future! If you disagree, explain to me why the guy did what he did! Coudn't he have done like everybody else having fun? What the fxxk is he thinking behaving like a moron with some idiotic over-the-top farangs, particularly the females, supporting such an idiot? I ain't for such: supporting "holiday spirit"! He's gone too far!

I think what's gone too far is the g-string. It's gone too far up his arse.

T

I do disagree, I have no way of knowing why he chose the infamous Borat mankini, my guess is he loves the attention, he got it, he had fun, those around him seemed to be having fun. The silly prude reactions of many really say more about them than him. "Corrupts into the future"..... maybe, in 5 years they will be selling the mandatory mankini next to the supersoakers and passport pouches.

• Like 1

And the Chinese have been a GREAT addition.. This can only mean a lot more of them next year, as I'm sure they'll spread the word.

Sawasdee Khrup, Khun Winnie the Khwai,

Now you've got me curious: what were your observations of the behavior of the Chinese during this Songkraan ?

yours, ~o:37;

Sawasdee Khrup, Khun Winnie the Khwai,

Now you've got me curious: what were your observations of the behavior of the Chinese during this Songkraan ?

yours, ~o:37;

Well, some clearly didn't know about it, which was funny to see. But a lot more joined in, in a very positive way. Groups all wearing matching shirts and adding to the party. Some very cute chicks too, by the way.

Given that most of them will be telling their 1 billion countrymen and women all about it, I'm trying to imagine what next year will be like. We may come to think of 2013 of the last year when Songkran was 'a small and quiet celebration', in comparison... thumbsup.gif

Edited by WinnieTheKhwai
  • Like 1