Van Service From Chiang Mai To Pai Or Chiang Khong

Gonzo the Face

I know a few months ago that there was a bus /van service taking trekkers and others to both Pai and Chiang Khong.

This Was AYA Service. I also believe they were having some difficulty.

Does anyone know if they still operate or is there another van service? The telephone is not answered and I don't think that they would be closed for the holiday.

I remember it was about 180 baht to Pai.

G

To C K its about 150 baht for locals and 300 for falangs ,yes don't get me going on Double pricing and they drive too fast many accidents.Leaves from nr Bank at Tha Pae

I would not dream of being squeezed 12 tourists in amini van young wild drivers even to hospial.

Try Green Bus On vacation for 231 baht direct on slow one or on 7 seater VIP 400+

If you get a password (need to register in person with ID or Passport) you get a kind of member card

you can book online at www.greenbusthailand.com (in Thai)

You can aslo take many buses inc Green bus VIP very good about 240 to C RAI and then transfer 10 baht to old city bus station where any nice lunch options veggy or Chuvalit Bakery Aircon ice cakes Internet etc

Then local buses no boking 70 baht every hr 5-5pm those via Thoeng take around 3 hrs direct about 2hrs 20mins.NB non stop but no toilets!

Bon Voyage the route to Pai is evenmore hazourdous you can fly ata price or go on government buses/motorcycle

Edited by RubbaJohnny

• 3 months later...

Regular van service to Pai from rear of old terminal. 150 baht was the price we paid couple of months ago.There used to be 20 seater, Chinese made, buses but they were taken off the route as the endless winding road was probably taking its toll on them mechanically

• 3 weeks later...

There is no double pricing, they start end near the train station cnx or even pic you up from the hotel. They also got the best deals in motorbikes. Staff is mostly unfriendly because of stress but who cares.

Me 300 Thai wife 150

perhaps my maths is slide rule but seems like double pricing to me

Have you actually paid 150 C Kong to C mao or reverse if so waht company sells the tickets please?

green bus doesnt go to pai. for whatever name shaming rules, im keeping my mouth shut about aya

for the mini van or mini bus from the old arcade station, its a matter of luck if you get a reckless driver or a good one. i have been to pai quite a number of times, it varies. mini bus is more spacious and comfortable imo.

im not aware of the situation of the old unconditioned buses but had heard they go pretty slow and chill, could be a option.

if not, you could take a flight up using kan air. it was around 1800-1900 baht. its using a small turbopro plane, and really scares me during taking off and landing off. im a aethist and its one of the few moments in my life that i pray to god although im really just being totally paranoid

Have been to Pai on the mini buses quite often in the past but the last time we went to book seats they had taken the buses off that run, only vans available (From Arcade).

I think the winding ,steep grades had taken their toll on what were very basic Chinese made buses but they had far more leg room than the vans.Never had a problem with reckless drivers ,all been very good,don't recall any accidents being reported. The old ,no air con, buses are still running but obviously make a lot of stops for unloading.