Help Me, What Song Is This?

testaccio

Hey all, I'm searching for a song I heard regularly in Pattaya. More notably I Bar on Walking Street. I'm aware this is going to be quite hard because I've asked some thai friends and they haven't got a single clue. They don't live in Pattaya though which makes me think it's a Pattaya song specifically.

Anyhow. The little explanation I can give is that there's a guy singing and when he pitch higher and higher the thai girls in the club (the actual club) screams like crazy.

They usually play it along with Playgirl - Zom.

It's presumably someone of a casanova persona singing because of all the girls screaming like crazy when he sings higher and higher.

It could be in the same style as this song

but imagine a guy singing "aaaaaaAAAA" higher and higher and the ladies in the club responds by screaming.

Anyone?

I'm home in Sweden now and need to relive this <snip>

Edited by SeaVisionBurma
profanity removed

Does this help you at all, op?

Not with my initial request, no it didn't.

But I found other 'use' for it, so thank you.

I've got no idea, but I'm sure others will with that excellent description.

I know. But just post some thai disco/classic and it just might be the one I'm looking for!

It's called "Plaeng Dueb" and the band is called "bPohng Lahng Sah Ohn"

I couldn't find anything on google.

"u jokin me?"

-
No the problem is there's no standard for transliteration from the canonical version of these names - in Thai script - to English roman script.

The ones I used are phonetic, trying to express how it sounds to a NES, no idea what the band/publisher uses, sorry.

Don't you have a Thai you can get on Skype, or maybe someone here can get their SO to do a little Thai language googling. . .

Edited by FunFon

"u jokin me?"

-

No the problem is there's no standard for transliteration from the canonical version of these names - in Thai script - to English roman script.

The ones I used are phonetic, trying to express how it sounds to a NES, no idea what the band/publisher uses, sorry.

Don't you have a Thai you can get on Skype, or maybe someone here can get their SO to do a little Thai language googling. . .

I see. Is it these guys though? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9_XbtjZmqUE Their name is Pong La Sa On.

I could, be the only thing I remember from the song is the "aaaaaAAA". It's infuriating that I don't remember anything else of it. It's going to be comedical on Skype.

Edited by testaccio

"u jokin me?"

-

I see. Is it these guys though? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9_XbtjZmqUE Their name is Pong La Sa On.

I could, be the only thing I remember from the song is the "aaaaaAAA". It's infuriating that I don't remember anything else of it. It's going to be comedical on Skype.

Their name is Pong La Sa On.

I take it you dont read Thai, about 2 or 3 seconds in, hit pause and start reading the Thai writing, the second line says nak rong singer, this is followed by the name of the artist, it reads in Thai, Pong Lang Sa On.

Reasons for poor tranliteration have already been given by previous poster, it may well be whoever uploaded this also input the name incorrectly.

All the above is a moot point, it doesnt help you, the truth is, the song you refer to could be anyone of about 2,000 plus songs, Issan/Mor Lam/Luk Tung style of music.

• Like 1

Note to OP: FunFon does not answer your question , but tells you what the song you linked in the OP as an example is called.

Here's another version of the song on youtube, without any bP/P/PH issues (unfortunately we're not allowed to avoid those issues outside the Thai Language forum):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vv7-10uNWFw

It's songs like this but it should have that "aaaaAAAA" climax. It's really distinctive when you hear it. And it might be a bit faster paced song.

I don't know if I'm mixing two songs together but right after the "aaaaaAAAA" climax he presumably starts singing again like regular sentences but it sounds "twitchy". Like it's not smooth more "du-du-du-du-duuu".

You really need to find a Thai to help you with your fixation on a particular instance of a particular version of a particular song in a genre I suspect no one here cares about.

You might even get them to help you for free.

Don't try to tell me there aren't a lot of Thais in Sweden; there are also thousands with decent levels of English waiting to chat with you on dozens of dating sites.

Best of luck with your mission. . .

Edited by FunFon
  • Like 1

You really need to find a Thai to help you with your fixation on a particular instance of a particular version of a particular song in a genre I suspect no one here cares about.

You might even get them to help you for free.

Don't try to tell me there aren't a lot of Thais in Sweden; there are also thousands with decent levels of English waiting to chat with you on dozens of dating sites.

Best of luck with your mission. . .

I'm on it. But don't be so pessimistic, sure people care about this genre! The flying kite song was another one that had slipped my mind but I was really digging it when I was there. So it hasn't been all in vain!

Cheer up, bud!

I would put up probably one of the most famous, but I cant remember the guys name, the motorcycle song, everyone knows it.

For the OP, this isnt Pattaya music, its Issan music, reason for you hearing it in Pattaya is because of where the girls come from, also heard all over Bkk.

• Like 1

Thanks for the info, rgs. The motorcycle song was really good.

By the way I just remembered another melody, but I think it's a different song.

A guy singing, again, "pa-ta-ta-ta pa-ta-ta-ta" in a pause manner, like he's pausing the song and then starts singing again regularly.