Double Price At Air Asia Counter Booking?

Sandman77

hello!

I am now in bk and look for a cheap flight to Bali, 2 weeks ago the online website show me a price 3700 bath

Now I called airasia and the price at counter is nearly 10000 one way!

Hotline told I must fly from don Muang airport ,does some travel agency have open over songkran?

Try call bk air but no one in the home..

Are the price double because of songkran?

What other airlines fly to Bali ?

The price has not changed but the limited number of seats at 3,700 Baht has been sold out, as well as the seats in other price classes below 10,000 Baht. The early bird catches the worm. Aside from that, online prices are often lower than at the airline's counter.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

• Like 1

Yes two weeks ago its 3,700 now you've waited and time has passed and decided to book the day before you gonna pay twice as much. Its been like that since airlines exsisted. Air Asia is from Malaysia, do you think air lines are allowed to charge two different prices? Governments around the world would slap charges on AA.

Checking the prices with AirAsia is always like watching a slot machine. Six months ago you may have been able to get that ticket for less than 1k baht, in which case the price at the counter is 10 times that. If you're looking for a ticket a few days before departure AA may not be as much of a bargain compared to other airlines.

• Like 1

My wife is shopping various domestic trips on all the discount airlines. Prices change daily, and we're looking about 2 weeks ahead. How can you be a world traveler & not know this? The single, most expensive way to book a trip: Wait till the last minute & book at the airport.

• Like 1

My wife is shopping various domestic trips on all the discount airlines. Prices change daily, and we're looking about 2 weeks ahead. How can you be a world traveler & not know this? The single, most expensive way to book a trip: Wait till the last minute & book at the airport.

You are correct in what you say although a decade ago the cheapest way was to book last minute at the airport as the flight was about to leave, just shows how travel has changed dramatically.

• Like 2

You are correct in what you say although a decade ago the cheapest way was to book last minute at the airport as the flight was about to leave, just shows how travel has changed dramatically.

I'm thinking that was about 30 years ago, but I get your point. Things are always changing.

Still showing as 3,700 baht on Air Asia's website - from mid-May.

As you get closer to today the fare rises until it reaches 9,750 baht!

You have to book ahead to get the cheap rates.

Same for everyone, no double pricing.

• Like 1

It is cheaper to fly ANY other airlines. By the time you add tax Luggage seat food +++++ it's ridiculous.. Don't waste your time with AA

nk... we just finished booking a domestic Air Asia flight. Besides the advertised price, then you have to pay to choose a seat (any seat, not upgraded), check in one small bag (no choice, since we'll be carrying some liquids), taxes & fees, and once all that's done there is a PER PERSON fee to use a credit card. I could almost understand a credit card fee, but it should be per transaction not per person since this is all one booking. For 2 R/T tickets, you would pay this fee 4 times. We avoided that fee by doing a debit transaction from a Thai bank account instead. Talk about nickel & diming! So d@mn frustrating.

2 weeks ago the online website show me a price 3700 bath Now I called airasia and the price at counter is nearly 10000 one way!

Whenever I see a bargain, I'll book there and then. I do not hesitate as experience tells me that within days the fare will rocket.

If you can't book due to uncertainty of your dates then you'll pay the premium.

Two weeks ago I booked our direct LHR - BKK tickets for November. Stumbled upon an offer and settled immediately. Will save me in the region of at least £200 to 300 as time goes on.

Or hours

Last time I booked flights to LOS, I checked at midday Saturday and came home in the evening and the fare had increased by £30 per head.

I got on the phone to the Agent and negotiated the fare back to the midday rate, but wouldn't have got away with it for much longer.

"...do you think air lines are allowed to charge two different prices?"

Of course they are. Some airlines have a number of prices for the same seats. Not uncommon at all.

-------

" How can you be a world traveler & not know this?"

Read some of his other posts.

Terry

Thx for info!

Last year I booked also flights with air Asia inside Malaysia and the price was also not double!

So it could be also a last minute price, but it was not!

Now I booked Thaiair flight for 16800

First Bangkok air offers me flight for 20000

3000 Thb more expensive!

I go to the thai air counter got price 16800

Go 5 minutes to discus with my family

The price and come back

Another woman told me a price 3000 bath more higher then 5 minutes before!

After taking long time why the price rise 3000 bath in 5 minutes she find out, that the 16800 promotion Is only valid for exactly one month!

If you stay longer you must pay more

Changing flight day 3000 bath

But if you stay over 1 month and pay more, flight change will be not charged!

Can someone confirm this information?

Is it possible to extend 1 month visa to 2 month

At Denpasar airport?

Also Indonesian embassy in my homecountry don't know how much the price for 2 month visa!

My dealing with Air Asia are also not so good. Firstly cancelling a flight from Clark (Philippines ) to KotaKinabalu because of an on coming Hurricaine, that hadnt hit the Island , the direction was coming from Japan , the opposite side of the Philippines to where I was and not the direction that I was intending to fly . The flight cancellation on a Friday , left me stranded until the following Tuesday and basically they didnt want to know. Tough SH*t, no compensation , nothing .

I also dont like the unfairness of Air Asia and other airlines for discounting seats for those who book online , to me that is discrimination and I am suprised no one has taken up the case in court to fight them over this .

Also , when booking a flight at their counters in the airports, they charge you 200 bht booking fee , bloody disgusting !!!

When I flew from Phnom Phen in Cambodia to Bangkok , I booked my flight a few days before I was due to fly out . I was asked about my lugguage and I told them I only had a back pack hand lugguage but after buying more than I should have over the next few days , I needed another bag . I bought a small suitase .

On arrival at the airport I was asked at checkin about my lugguage , I said I had my back pack for hand lugguage and a small suitcase for the cargo hold . They told me I would have to pay $38 to put the suitcase in the cargo hold, its weight was 5.3KG . So I opened my small suitcase , crammed all of my stuff from the back pack into it , including the back pack itself and then carried the suitcase on the plane as hand lugguage . THEY would NOT let me take 2 bags on the flight as hand lugguage . Sitting on my seat on the plane , I was totally cheesed off to see many Asian people with 2 or 3 bags being brought on , not just one or 2 people but many . Seems they have different rules for some .

sunholidaysun1, on 15 Apr 2013 - 05:08, said:

I also dont like the unfairness of Air Asia and other airlines for discounting seats for those who book online , to me that is discrimination and I am suprised no one has taken up the case in court to fight them over this .

I'm not surprised - it is their business model. This is how LCC's work.

Also , when booking a flight at their counters in the airports, they charge you 200 bht booking fee , bloody disgusting !!!

See your other quote above....and my response to it.

Do you understand how airlines like Air Asia operate? Can't have it both ways. If you want the cheapest seats - you book online. If you want to walk into an office/agency to book - you pay a fee.

Low Cost Carriers are not a new concept. I am always surprised when there are still travellers who have no clue about them and complain when they suddenly get whacked with an extra charge here and there for baggage, seat selection etc etc.

Keep your eyes open and take some personal responsibility for what you are booking - these things are not hidden.

• Like 1

I am no fan of AIr Asia; however, I must come to their defense in many cases. I love Bali and try to visit 2-3 times per year. 1). If you are lucky and can plan a good 6-8 months during one of their sales you can get a great fare - even with all the seat fees/luggage fees/booking fees - it is 80 percent cheaper than anything Thai/Garuda/Singapore or any other main airline offers. 2) even if you only book with a 2-3 month window the Air Asia cost (including all the add on's) is 50 percent cheaper than the non-LCC fares. 3) If I am booking last minute and Air Asia is just as expensive as the non-LCC - I would choose the legacy carriers - but this just isn't the case very often - so, while hate the internet gymnastics required to avoid useless insurance and I don't like the add-on fees you cannot avoid - I will continue to book on AIr Asia when it saves me 50% or more on the fare.

As far as day-of-departure - I luckily haven't had any horror stories with AA - and find them just as comfortable on board as any airline.

Imagine the uproar when Air Asia introduce their new WC tax on the 1st of April 2014.. Shit's going to hit the fan..

I imagine you'll be able to pre-book the WC passes online for a reduced price during the normal booking procedure. Big Shot members will get a single free Big Sh*t allowance per sector.

• Like 2

10,000 baht would be the farang price and 3,700 baht is the Thai price. I used to get a much lower price with AirAsia when my Thai GF booked for me in person at the counter (not by phone) than the price quoted to me when I called them, when they transfer you to the "English speaking" section. Like it or not, double pricing affects almost everything in Thailand. If you don't like that system, go to some other country that doesn't practise it.

I have to agree with SeaVisionBurma's post above, looking online to fly with thai lady to phuket it was about 15kB bkk return, she suggested taxi to airport in morning for cheaper fare, so we go and I send her to counter with cash and have a smoke outside, fare was up to 24kB, songrangy prices says she, anyway change plans an went cheap as to koh chang, by vip bus (info)

Edited by maddas

I like Air Asia. Cheapest flights I have ever taken and when flying locally I can squeeze my 192 cm frame into the leg room if I have to.

Booking online is the ONLY way to go.

Having said that, you need to be VIGILANT when going thru their online booking procedure. It automatically draws you to "seat selection" which adds charges. It is not obvious you can opt out of that option. Same with luggage. They automatically add 1 piece of "checked baggage", and again you have to remove the check from that box.

But... that pad krapow can be pretty tasty. At 150 it looks like a bargain if you are missing Thai food.

Air Asia is one of the biggest scams in aviation. They are NOT a discount carrier.

They are only cheap if you buy your ticket many months in advance and I rarely plan a short flight far in advance. I've flown Thai, Singapore, Cathay Pacific and Philippines Airlines. Every time, Air Asia was the MOST expensive option.

Often times people panic when they have to fly out at a moments notice and automatically go to the Air Asia website without even thinking of looking at the rates on Thai, Singapore, Malaysian or any of the national carriers of nearby countries.

I've flown Air Asia once and my company had paid for it. Glad it wasn't out of my pocket.

The ticket was 3500 baht MORE than Thai Airways to Kuala Lumpur.

Air Asia's service was horrible and the ONLY airline I've flown on that charges for water. Even Nok Air and One2Go gives free water in-flight.

Why people chose to fly this carrier is beyond me.

Edited by SeaVisionBurma
removed inappropriate language