Former U.s. President George W. Bush Becomes Grandfather

News_Editor

<p>NEW YORK (BNO NEWS) -- Former U.S. President George W. Bush became a grandfather Saturday when his daughter gave birth to her first child in New York City, the family announced on late Sunday. It had been a long wish of the former president to finally have grandchildren.

</p>

<p>Jenna Bush Hager, the younger of the former president's fraternal twins, gave birth to a baby girl at around 8:43 p.m. local time on Saturday at an undisclosed location in New York City. The baby's name is Margaret Laura "Mila" Hager, and both mother and child are said to be healthy.

</p>

<p>"Laura and I are thrilled to announce the birth of our grandchild, Margaret Laura 'Mila' Hager," said George W. Bush in a brief statement released by his spokesman on Sunday. "Mila, daughter of Jenna and Henry Hager, is named for her grandmothers. We met our beautiful granddaughter today. Jenna and Mila are healthy. And our family is elated."

</p>

<p>No other details were immediately, but the former first daughter had previously told People Magazine that her father had a wish for grandchildren. "I don't have any children. I just have a cat, to my parents' dismay," she told the magazine in 2011. "My dad saw my husband's boss at a conference, and he said to stop paying my husband until we produce children.

</p>

<p>Jenna Bush Hager, 31, married Henry Chase Hager in May 2008 during a lakeside ceremony at her father's Prairie Chapel Ranch in Crawford, Texas. George W. Bush was in office from 2001 until 2009, when incumbent President Barack Obama took over.

</p> <p> (Copyright 2013 by BNO News B.V. All rights reserved. Info: [email protected].) </p>

I have a feeling that isn't going to happen, Chuckd. My delete button is working quite well and this thread is about the former U.S. President having a grandchild, not about his politics or terms in office.

• Like 1