90 Days Report - Do I Have To Pay Anything ?

Although I absolutely hate to do the 90-day reporting, I've been treated very fairly by everyone there over the years. I was once nearly 7 weeks overdue (don't ask, I forgot to add my reminder). I arrived, apologized politely, smiled apologetically, they stamped me, no fine. One's own attitude goes a long way sometimes here.

Either this happened a long time ago,

or else you are a very good looking guy, and the officer was gay..whistling.gif

((quote of incorrect post removed))

It's quite clear: the maximum permissible fine is 5000B, but the usual fine, if there are no aggravating circumstances, is 2000B. This is what I got when I was accidentally 10 days late for mine.

If you miss a year's worth, or have a bad attitude, they are within the law to increase the fine accordingly.

PS By the way, you are using the wrong term - being late for a 90-day report is not an "overstay", and has nothing to do with your visa.

The 90-day report has nothing to do with how long you are allowed to stay in the country. It is merely a legal requirement to report your address

Edited by lopburi3

You can have someone do your 90 day report for you.

Every time I do mine there is someone there with a stack of passports, presumably for their Burmese, Lao or something workers.

I have a few photocopies of the document and fill one in before I go.

Quick easy and no cost, but then I don't live in a main center.

Just sayin...

I was here '91-95 and reported religiously.

Been here again since 2003. Not sure why but I got fed up with the reporting bit and just decided to not do it. The lawyer who we hired was horrified. And naturally she was quite timid when it came time for renewal ... where we both had to go together and 'stand' as it were. I told her... I just take that paper out of the passport. If anyone asks lets say I lost it. She was shaking her head. But... it worked. And, although I had traveled in and out of country during that year, I never got asked anything at Immigration. I did this for a couple years. I realize it is russian roulette but I just copped an attitude. Plus I had the mazuma at the time and didnt care. Nowadays, I play by the rules.

I think they wont say boo at Suvarnabumi if you are exiting without the little paper. If you are renewing your visa and they do not see the paper, they might. But I really believe it depends on the officer paying attention, which of course varies.

Yes, that is a thought I had, since I do leave Thailand a few times each year... if my 90 day reporting is due, and I have a trip pending, let it slip. There appears to be no check on the way out (remove the slip). I get a multiple exit-re-entry when I do the renewal. It is a bit of a drive for me to get to the immigration place, and sometimes, if they are busy, they suggest I come back later, or even tomorrow. That certainly isn't convenient.

Edited by jacko45k

Not a good idea to let it "slip" if you mean fail to report when required as it will likely be found during your next report and a fine imposed (the records are on computer and they do check for such). If your report is due before you leave it needs to be made - only when report is actually due after departure are you free of that responsibility.

Thank you so much guys for the valuable info smile.png

I'll do it for sure. It's free on top of that so I'd be stupid not to.

Best regards !

I have not done a 90 report in person since my girl friend moved in. She goes for me. Sometime they ask her why I don't go myself she usually says that I am out of town. It's never ben a problem. In 2011 and 2012 she also did my anual visa renewal, again no problem. In any evet if you are sick or in hospital send your gf no problem. My reporting is done at Chonburi Pattaya Immigration office.

Edited by indyuk

Hi Guys

Reading all this I got confused:

My retirement visa started June 6 2012. Left the country on a re-entry visa before the first 3 months reporting date was due. Got back January 22 this year. Got the passport stamped to remain until August 2013.

I'm going tomorrow to report the 90 days.

A few questions regarding the 90 days reporting:

1) Do I need to get another LETTER from the bank or will updated Bank Account books showing the required funds be sufficient.

2) Do I have to pay a fine for not reporting to immigration immediately after arrival?

Thanks

You do not need any bank information.

You do not have to report to immigration immediately after arrival.

The 90 day report is just reporting your address, so you might want to take proof of that , though they normally don't ask. You only have to report after you have been in Thailand for 90 consecutive days. If you leave and come back the day you come back is the first day of a new 90-day period.

The 90-day report is nothing to do with a visa, or a permission to stay. It is just the law that whenever a foreigner has stayed more than 90 days in a row in Thailand they must report their address. That's all it is.

Heads up:

An officer in charge of processing 90 reports miscalculated the 90 days counting from my arrival on Jan.11; he stated and wrote on the back of my arrival card the 13th of April. This took place on March 13th when I went in to file my application for extension of stay. I just wanted to confirm what date I needed to be there for the 90 day report and then he noted I was due to check back on April 18th to see if my extension of stay was granted, he told me to just wait until the 18th to do the 90 day report at the same time. I looked at him with a skeptical expression and he took my passport crossed out the 'miscalculated' 13th and wrote over top the 18th whereupon he handed back my passport with a big grin and "Mai pen rai."

Today, 'mee pen ha mak mak'...the same officer was not in attendance and the one I presented my document to checked his handy dandy little 90 day calculation booklet and figured 90 days from Jan.11 = Apr.10. Ergo, I need to pay something. My wife jumps in with the explanation but he doesn't want to know. My wife is rather insistent that I'm acting on what I was told to do so he hands over the documents and says go see him then. I sat in front of the empty chair where he would normally be sitting for some minutes. Then determined from one of the quasi official farangs who try to be helpful to tourists that the officer in question is not there today. Meantime, my wife is at it with another officer in charge of 90 day reporting. This other officer is angrily pointing out that it is entirely my fault for not calculating the 90 days for myself and further, that I should not have taken the advice of the officer who told me to just file the 90 day report a few days later when I had to appear to check on the status of my extension of stay consideration. In the end, she begrudgingly issued another 90 day slip (which I've subsequently verified as being 89 days!?).

By the way, the officer who looked at my stamp to report back on the 18th of April for my extension to stay handed my passport back directly saying I should just come back in on Tuesday next. I felt like asking for signed affidavit or perhaps a recorded video of his verbal statement telling me "mai pen rai" just come back next week.

Lessons learned:

Check your own 90 day calculation and come in before it's due.

Forget about a week's grace after the date; some officers won't allow it.

It doesn't matter what happened or who said what...it's still always going to be my fault.

(This is the first time in 12 years I've actually considered leaving my 'home' in Thailand.) annoyed.gif

I just want to check with some of you that have more legal experience concerning the 90 day report. I left the country, to Singapore, the first week of March (for 3 days) with a re-entry permit on a type B visa. My 90 day report was due April 9 and I plan on doing my 90 day report on June 6. My 90 day report still shows the original April 9 date, because the immigration officer at the airport didn't replace it. I have my flight ticket stub in my passport and everything seems OK, but I don't want any surprises when I go to immigration on June 6. What do you think?

You report 90 days after day of return (return is day one) so early June will be fine. They do not take care of these at airport - your new departure card will show your latest arrival and you enter that information on the TM.47 form.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

You report 90 days after day of return (return is day one) so early June will be fine. They do not take care of these at airport - your new departure card will show your latest arrival and you enter that information on the TM.47 form.

Really grateful for this answer because I trawled through scores of items until I found this one which addressed my query. I had been puzzled why they did not amend the reporting date at Suvarnibumi immigration but you are right, they just stamped the arrival date on the departure card (also in my passport) so now I understand that I can calculate 90 days from this date to determine my new reporting date.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi all,

i have Single Entry Non Immigrant ED visa which i have to extend every 3months. I did extend it back in March at Chaengwattana Immigration but now i don't find the "notification of residence" document anywhere and i'm not actually sure did i really remembered to do it. I have a stamp to stay in the country until June 14th but if i didn't do the "notification of residence", how much do you think they will fine me?? Seems to me that here some say 2000 some 5000. How much do you think it will be in my situation?

The first extension of stay is regarded as an address report so first use of normal TM.47 for reporting this will be due 90 days after the first extension application.

Last one was my second extension and i really don't remember if i fill the form for 90 days report, it was a long day.

It can be possible that i did fill it and got the paper which says when i have to do my next 90 days report and it just fell off from my passport...

But if i didn't fill it, will the fine be 2000 or 5000baht?

2000 baht, 5000 is the maximum that is allowed but normally they charge only 2,000 if you show up yourself.

Thank you for your answer. I really hope you are right. First i was already shocked and think it will be 20 000 baht, but then remembered that it's the maximum fine for staying in the country without visa :D

• 3 months later...

My gf did my 90 day report at jomtien it was dated 18/9/2013 but she actualy went on 24/9/2013 which i thought was within the timescale allowed eg 6 days after report date.On her return she told me that the immigration officer required 2000 baht fine,is he scamming me or is it my gf lol because as far as i know i was within the alloted time so refused to pay up.Any suggestions welcome here as to who is right or wrong. thx.

Thx for feedback. but no receipt lol she was asked by the official to bring it in today, and like i said it was within the alloted time so when she asked for the 2000 baht guess what my pocket was empty, but just incase in future i will ensure that reporting is done within a 6 day period seeing as he or she thinks it was a overdo report. or as lopburi3 stated it may have been in his eyes a late report from a nominated person.

But then again he informed my gf that the report was a day late,so interesting scenario if it doesnt apply to a nominated person.

Edited by annfalang

Thx for feedback. but no receipt lol she was asked by the official to bring it in today, and like i said it was within the alloted time so when she asked for the 2000 baht guess what my pocket was empty, but just incase in future i will ensure that reporting is done within a 6 day period seeing as he or she thinks it was a overdo report. or as lopburi3 stated it may have been in his eyes a late report from a nominated person.

But then again he informed my gf that the report was a day late,so interesting scenario if it doesnt apply to a nominated person.

Interesting !

My wife occasionally does my 90 day reports. She is well aware of the "rules" and would never be caught by a scam such as is alleged.

The officer could have refused to process the report in the absence of money to pay the fine.(if indeed the report was made outside the time frame allowed.)

Have you checked the date stamped on the 90 day report receipt ?

Issue resolved, date etc all correct.
So funny i love the thai ladies but omg sometimes it a nightmare with translation errors
what the offical actualy said was If you come tomorrow you would be a day late and subject
to a 2000 baht fine for overdo report. But again guys ty for feedback.
A nice little story i can relate to my grandkids lol. w00t.gif

Edited by annfalang