P C C To Sue Thai Police If Bt5.8Bn Contract Cancelled

webfact

POLICE STATION CONTRACT
PCC to sue police if Bt5.8-bn contract cancelled

The Nation

30204087-01_big.jpg

BANGKOK: -- Pol Lt-Colonel Santana Prayoonrat, adviser to PCC Development and Construction executive Pibul Udomsithikul, said the company would sue the Royal Thai Police if the agency cancelled the Bt5.848-billion contract for the building of 396 police stations nationwide.

The RTP, which extended the contract until this Wednesday, threatened to officially cancel it if the firm had failed to complete the construction work on schedule.

At a press conference held at the St Regis Hotel in Bangkok, Santhana said the public had not learned all the facts about the case as some information had not been revealed.

He said, for example, that the firm had drawn down Bt1.532 billion to cover construction costs, which was about 26 per cent of the budget, and most of it (25 per cent of the full budget) had been allocated to construction in the regions.

Hence, the amount of work already done was equal to the amount of money the firm had already received.

The company had also had to use money from its own pockets to get parts of the project done, hence the RTP also owed it at least Bt73 million. Some 73.8 per cent of the project budget, or about Bt4.3 billion, has not yet been touched, he added.

Santhana went on to say that the reason the construction work had been greatly delayed was that the hirer had not yet transferred several sites for PCC to proceed with its work.

Some precincts had seen a delay of up to 600 days in site transfer for construction, he said, adding that at least five sites were still to be transferred to the company.

He urged the hirer to take responsibility too, and not just blame everything on the contractor.

"The company is uneasy about what happened, but we won't take it any more, although we don't want to elaborate now on how low-ranking through to high-ranking police officials have caused things not to run smoothly, because the contract has not yet been cancelled.

"Whatever happens after April 17, the company vows to progress the construction work within six to eight months, provided there are no disasters, and should be able to hand over to the RTP in 10 precincts," he added.

Santhana said PCC had also submitted some negotiation offers and documentation about the project management plan for the RTP's consideration, but had received no reply. People should, therefore, ask national police chief Pol General Adul Saengsingkaew about who or what had pressured him into threatening to cancel the deal.

He still believes all parties can sit down together in a bid to bring about something that will benefit the public and the police as a whole, but it is up to the RTP's leadership to budge from its current position.

He said that if PCC were allowed to continue its work, it would let the civic sector probe its budgeting and works. However, if this turned into an epic fiasco like the Hopewell project, the company would have to exercise its legal rights, so everything is down to the big decision that is taken by the RTP.

The company will submit a further plan and documents to Adul on Wednesday morning at RTP headquarters, and hopes it will be treated justly, he said.

nationlogo.jpg
-- The Nation 2013-04-16

Looking at the skeletal photos of construction to date this is a ridiculous claim to make. No doubt the Govt will be afraid of the threat to expose who took the 30% and why there are only frames in the ground not roofed buildings which would qualify the amount of funds already misappropriated by PCC. What a crock... DSI is remaining very quiet on this one - why?

• Like 2

although we don't want to elaborate now on how low-ranking through to
high-ranking police officials have caused things not to run smoothly,

This speaks volumes, and has already been mentioned a couple times, cops have had their hands out extorting money from this company just like every other business in Thailand.

I am sure PCC has this well documented. This is not their first rodeo with a govt contract.

• Like 2

Someone hasent been watching or has only been watching Govr tele channels .

As well as the bits with only piles there have been several buildings shown in an almost completed state and I understand the Co has said there are some due for hand over very soon if work is allowed to keep going.

Who will be the first to come out to show proof and not just words?

But whatever happened to the DSI and the Dems done it?

• Like 2

The company have failed to uphold their part of the contract, have taken large sums of money as part payment advances and in reality the company is not able or willing to adhere to the contract.

They have no case to proceed with, interesting to note that one Pol Lt-Colonel Santana Prayoonrat, adviser to PCC Development to this company is a senior Police officer. One can only but presume he has a professional background within the construction industry and of course the ability to understand contractual law too ?

Or is it a case of yet again rampant police corruption and the lining of pockets for those involved in the matter?

Indeed a classic case of paper shuffling and blame shifting so as the rampant theft of public funds can continue unabated nothing more nothing less.

No doubt P.C.C. will employ that well known legal firm Messrs ''Sue Grabbit Andrun to press their case.

• Like 1

Go back and look at the record of government construction projects here in CM (ring roads, canel road, night safari,etc) as well as the National scene, and you will notice a familar trend for accomplishing or not, the project, payment, quality of work, etc.

Then look at the firms involved in these projects, owers of same, and there might be a lot of explaining to do.

he said .. she said

thiefs stealing from thiefs

then sue when not allowed to steal anymore ..

great system here

where can I sign up?

Can't.....You as a foreigner cannot possibly understand Thainess,

therefor you could not work within this complex corruption system.. :-)

"The RTP, which extended the contract until this Wednesday, threatened to officially cancel it if the firm had failed to complete the construction work on schedule."

When was the work to be completed according to the original schedule, to what dates was the schedule extended every time the RTP agreed to extend and paid yet another sheiteload of money to get work done?

Pol Lt-Colonel Santana Prayoonrat, adviser to PCC Development and Construction executive Pibul Udomsithikul,

I know I'm wrong but reading this line made me think that the contract was awarded through unfair competition .

Edited by jbrain

Bluespunk, on 16 Apr 2013 - 08:28, said:

Pure bluster at its best. You're not up to the job, mate.

Please choose which of the following is more likely:

A. Too many cops had their hands out

B. A large old reputable construction company is not 'up to the job' of putting up some very simple structures.

Question for the poster: Have you ever been to Thailand ?

A

Edited by SeaVisionBurma
changed to normal font

Bluespunk, on 16 Apr 2013 - 08:28, said:

Pure bluster at its best. You're not up to the job, mate.

Please choose which of the following is more likely:

A. Too many cops had their hands out

B. A large old reputable construction company is not 'up to the job' of putting up some very simple structures.

Question for the poster: Have you ever been to Thailand ?

A

If you are talking to me, Yes. Lived here for 11 years? How about you? My point, poster, was that this guy does not know how to get out of predicament he is now in, the gravy train has derailed. He is panicking about the consequences of the cash cow drying up. All his retirement dreams have just run off a fiscal cliff and he has gone to the press spouting crap about his toy being taken away from him. Edited by Bluespunk

I would suggest that Pol Lt-Colonel Santana Prayoonrat, has probably retired from the police, I don't know and guarantee none of the posters on this subject know either.

After all these people seem to keep and use their previous rank, like an uncertain de beauty PM and a oft mentioned convicted crim on the run.

If that is the case then would it not seem reasonable that the Co would hire an ex cop to advise on a police contract?

Here's a couple of unfinished Police Stations near where I live.

Phanomtuan and Nong Khao, just north of Kanchanaburi.

Phanomtuan is just the bare frame.

Nong Khao at least has rendered walls and roof but that is all.

Can't say I've seen any work at either site for best part of a year.

post-9791-13661634131017_thumb.jpg

post-9791-13661634722223_thumb.jpg

I would suggest that Pol Lt-Colonel Santana Prayoonrat, has probably retired from the police, I don't know and guarantee none of the posters on this subject know either.

After all these people seem to keep and use their previous rank, like an uncertain de beauty PM and a oft mentioned convicted crim on the run.

If that is the case then would it not seem reasonable that the Co would hire an ex cop to advise on a police contract?

He's a former special branch officer who is currently facing charges over the occupation of the airport by the yellow shirts. Might explain why has lost contract.

From what I have read PCC did not get a government contract before 2001 under the first Thaksin government. I believe introduced to the game by Nevin Chidchob. Over the last dozen years this company has received approx 750 billion bahts worth of government contracts. Thats a shed load of money to be awarded. Of course Nevin's now documented phonecall to Thaksin "its all over boss" then jumping ship to secure his own finances under the army coalition government really pissed Thaksin off. I would imagine there is something that this PCC was still getting contracts under the dem coalition/army government that pisses Thaksin even more. Its alright being bent and corrupt if the PM is your mate but when hes not watch out. About $25,000,000,000, would be nice to know what other bidders were awarded during this 12 year period.

What is 5.8 billion Baht when you are shooting for a 2.2 Trillion Baht scam plan.

I would not be a bit surprised if PCC was cooperating with the government in the give and go

to keep the public eye off of the real scam. When the government gets there money they will hand the rest of the money over to PCC and thank them for there help in keeping the public busy with other things.

More than likely being used to divert the publics attention from the real 2.2 Trillion baht scam.

I decided to call it scam rather than plan as they have no real plan. Beyond get the money.

• Like 1