What Happened To The Soi Dogs

monty1412

What Happened To The Soi Dogs?

Soi dogs...........The snack of choice for that busy Burmese worker, "Food that delivers itself"

As far as I´ve seen, the Burmese take better care of the dogs than the Thais do. coffee1.gif

Farmers always take good care of their animals. biggrin.png

One bit me on Friday and I have to go back for the next in a series of rabies injections Tuesday.

The pack, one of many raced out while I was riding my bike down the road.

Wish you dog lovers would come and pick up all these lovely, faithful mongrels and take them to give them your love and attention, somewhere else.

There are places around here you cant go because packs of wild dogs have taken over.

And cutting the balls out doesn't work the dog lady tried it in Hua Hin, there are always some that evade the knife

One bit me on Friday and I have to go back for the next in a series of rabies injections Tuesday.

Wish you dog lovers would come and pick up all these lovely, faithful mongrels and take them to give them your love and attention, somewhere else.

There are places around here you cant go because packs of wild dogs have taken over.

And cutting the balls out doesn't work the dog lady tried it in Hua Hin, there are always some that evade the knife

Did any Thais witness you being chased and bitten? That in itself could be the end of the dogs, many Thais won't tolerate that.

Robby nz, on 21 Apr 2013 - 18:31, said:snapback.png

Did any Thais witness you being chased and bitten? That in itself could be the end of the dogs, many Thais won't tolerate that.

Yes they did, and I'm a farang remember, dogs are more important to some.

There is a lady who owns the house that we used to rent that was recently bitten on the face by one of her lovely dogs and now has a horrible scar, the dog is still alive and no doubt will do it again one day.

Oh yes and I saw the same pack that chased me again this morning, no problem this time but.....................................

Tempted to get rid of some myself but that could lead to trouble and that's something I don't need, again but.....................................

Drive faster! tongue.png Anyway, driving a bike in that heatwave in TH now. rolleyes.gif You are sporty! thumbsup.gif

We have a saying in my country, "Sport is murder!" (on your own body) wink.png

Maybe try it with some of "your love and attention", not "fear and hate",

A dog can try to chase anything what moves, special what moves away from him. Bring some left overs, bones, the dogs will be ok.

Come walking or with car, throw bones to them, you get friends. smile.png

• Like 1

Drive faster! tongue.png Anyway, driving a bike in that heatwave in TH now. rolleyes.gif You are sporty! thumbsup.gif

We have a saying in my country, "Sport is murder!" (on your own body) wink.png

>>Wish you dog lovers would come and pick up all these lovely, faithful mongrels and take them to give them your love and attention, somewhere else.

Maybe try it with some of "your love and attention", not "fear and hate",

A dog can try to chase anything what moves, special what moves away from him. Bring some left overs, bones, the dogs will be ok.

Come walking or with car, throw bones to them, you get friends. smile.png

Better to not feed them at all so they relocate to another area. I've just spent time in another Buddhist country, Sri Lanka, where a few years ago the dog population was completely out of control, up to 2,000 people a month being bitten, so action was taken by the government. The Sri Lanka government no longer supports culling, but is funding dog sterlisation programs that's reportedly achieving success for the ongoing management of the dog population. It's noticeable that their are a lot less dogs on the beaches & streets than Thailand. It's a shame the Thai authorities cannot get their act together to manage the huge street / beach dog population.

Edited by simple1

Employ a dog catcher in each town, collect the males cut off their balls and release them a week later when fully recovered, place where they were found. No collar or chip then take off their nuts, In a couple of years through dogs being hit by cars, illness, malnutrition the problem will be made a lot better.

It's got to be better than seeing these poor scabies ridden mutts digging in bins for a left over scraps.

A very admirable suggestion.

However, it is not that simple.

The whole operation needs a lot of people involved, with supplies, locations, medicines, equipment, catch and release crew, medical crew, taking care of crew, and....salaries.

Nobody will do it for free.

The number of dogs might decrease, but very little, because Thais in general just get rid of their pets as soon as they see they need to take care of them.

There is a constant supply of soi dogs all the time, from previous owners who got tired of their pets.

News articles about Thais and their pets, and how they just get rid of them, pop up in all news papers and tv channels, around Valentines day each year.

Better to not feed them at all so they relocate to another area.

That is not the way to make friends. Let them starve. blink.png

I gave a possible solution to have a good connection with the dogs for -Robby-.

As we say in my homeland, -Usually, the feeding hand (person) is not bitten!- wink.png

Robby nz, on 21 Apr 2013 - 18:31, said:snapback.png

Yes they did, and I'm a farang remember, dogs are more important to some.

There is a lady who owns the house that we used to rent that was recently bitten on the face by one of her lovely dogs and now has a horrible scar, the dog is still alive and no doubt will do it again one day.

Oh yes and I saw the same pack that chased me again this morning, no problem this time but.....................................

Tempted to get rid of some myself but that could lead to trouble and that's something I don't need, again but.....................................

Yeah definitely the dogs fault that their kind has bred in numbers on the street. coffee1.gif

Employ a dog catcher in each town, collect the males cut off their balls and release them a week later when fully recovered, place where they were found. No collar or chip then take off their nuts, In a couple of years through dogs being hit by cars, illness, malnutrition the problem will be made a lot better.

It's got to be better than seeing these poor scabies ridden mutts digging in bins for a left over scraps.

The whole operation needs a lot of people involved, with supplies, locations, medicines, equipment, catch and release crew, medical crew, taking care of crew, and....salaries.

The number of dogs might decrease, but very little, because Thais in general just get rid of their pets as soon as they see they need to take care of them.

There is a constant supply of soi dogs all the time, from previous owners who got tired of their pets.

News articles about Thais and their pets, and how they just get rid of them, pop up in all news papers and tv channels, around Valentines day each year.

Sorry it was a little bit tongue in cheek, it would never happen. Maybe strickter sales control or owners needing a dog licence. Just round them all up and give them to Cambodia as a political gesture?.

Sorry it was a little bit tongue in cheek, it would never happen. Maybe strickter sales control or owners needing a dog licence. Just round them all up and give them to Cambodia as a political gesture?.

It does happen and it is still happening

Neutering is the number one aim of any pet rescue organization, they go around each district with a van and neuteur all the dogs.

Dog chance for example

http://www.dogchance.com/en_event.htm

• Like 1

Neutering is the number one aim of any pet rescue organization, they go around each district with a van and neuteur all the dogs.

Dog chance for example

http://www.dogchance.com/en_event.htm

Assuming that the organisation restrict themselves to those dogs without obvious owners ... I fully support the concept.

Well done Kitsune ... wai.gif

Honorable concept.

Nevertheless, cant help to think:

Keeping alive and feed almost 500 permanently sick and handicapped dogs?

Good there are so many dog lovers on TV that of course will donate money.

Because you guys will, right?

smile.png

Soi dogs in Thailand are getting kidnapped and loaded onto truck in horrific conditions (many die suffocated) to be tortured (inflicted pain or skinned alive to supposedly taste better).

Please help to stop this disgrace defacing the human race

http://www.soidog.org/en/dogmeat/

That was very difficult for me to look at that website. But it compelled me enough to make a donation! So damn sad....really :-(

Thank you wai.gif it's amazing how even little money can save lives, AND you get good karma !

Karma such a saving others' lives, refraining from killing,

relieving others' worries, curing others' illnesses, generously

helping hospitals and medical research, or aiding environmental

improvement may cause one to be reborn as a human being with a

long life and good health, a person to be liked and supported by

many people!

THE TRUTH OF KARMA

http://www.sacred-texts.com/bud/tib/drshen2.htm

Ooohhhh, I want some Karma! Do they have it at Emporium or maybe Paragon. Central World is a bit tough to get to because I have to walk from either Chidlom or Siam... Shouldn't be too expensive, right? And, what type of units do they sell it in? By Keed or Kilogram?

What Happened To The Soi Dogs?

Soi dogs...........The snack of choice for that busy Burmese worker, "Food that delivers itself"

As far as I´ve seen, the Burmese take better care of the dogs than the Thais do. :coffee1:

Sure they do,crispy roll,sauteed, crispy batter,rare or well done,not just,your average soi dog,dish.

Soi dogs in Thailand are getting kidnapped and loaded onto truck in horrific conditions (many die suffocated) to be tortured (inflicted pain or skinned alive to supposedly taste better).

Please help to stop this disgrace defacing the human race

http://www.soidog.org/en/dogmeat/

That was very difficult for me to look at that website. But it compelled me enough to make a donation! So damn sad....really :-(

Thank you wai.gif it's amazing how even little money can save lives, AND you get good karma !

Karma such a saving others' lives, refraining from killing,

relieving others' worries, curing others' illnesses, generously

helping hospitals and medical research, or aiding environmental

improvement may cause one to be reborn as a human being with a

long life and good health, a person to be liked and supported by

many people!

THE TRUTH OF KARMA

http://www.sacred-texts.com/bud/tib/drshen2.htm

Ooohhhh, I want some Karma! Do they have it at Emporium or maybe Paragon. Central World is a bit tough to get to because I have to walk from either Chidlom or Siam... Shouldn't be too expensive, right? And, what type of units do they sell it in? By Keed or Kilogram?

Anyone can buy themselves some karma in Thailand.

The rich do it all the time.

Just as they do in the catholic church.

The question is, however, with all the 1000000000s of dog lovers on TV.

it would alone be enough kind people to solve the problem, if you wanted to.

• Like 1

-Anyone can buy themselves some karma in Thailand.

it would alone be enough kind people to solve the problem, if you wanted to. //

Well that´s really up to the Thai government now isn´t it? Though no matter how much effort you put in, the root of the problem still consists and keep putting new dogs on the street.

-Anyone can buy themselves some karma in Thailand.

it would alone be enough kind people to solve the problem, if you wanted to. //

Well that´s really up to the Thai government now isn´t it? Though no matter how much effort you put in, the root of the problem still consists and keep putting new dogs on the street.

Wasn't these posts I referred to regarding some private stuff?

See just a few posts back (post # 39) and you will see my reaction to your comment already there.

wink.png

Edited by Travel2003