Thai Mother Jailed In Australia For Child Trafficking Of Daughter, Nine

webfact

Thai mum jailed in Australia for prostituting daughter
By Christine Flatley, AAP

BRISBANE: A Thai prostitute who sold her daughter for sex for seven years, from the age of nine, has become the first person in Australia to be jailed for child trafficking.

In sentencing the 41-year-old woman to nine years' jail, Brisbane Supreme Court Justice David Boddice slammed her behaviour as the "horrendous" exploitation of an innocent child who was simply trying to please her mother.

"This behaviour was particularly shocking, despicable and reprehensible as it was undertaken by a parent for financial profit ... with no regard for common decency," he said.

The court heard on Tuesday that the abuse started when the child visited her mother on a holiday to Australia in 2004.

Prosecutor Todd Fuller SC said the woman brought the child permanently to Brisbane when she turned 11, making her a partner in the business.

Mr Fuller said the woman encouraged the child to perform a wide range of sexual services and threatened her with violence if she refused.

Full story: http://au.news.yahoo.com/a/-/newshome/16756674/thai-mum-jailed-for-prostituting-daughter/

-- SEVEN NEWS 2013-04-16

"...the Justice...slammed her behavior?" Nine years in jail for ruining the life of a child, her child?

First they should rip out her uterus, then sew her up backwards, then send her to a men's penitentiary for the rest of her life and send her daughter all the proceeds (of course in AUD not cigarettes). Of course her other day job would be fingering the seven years of pedophiles. Then when she's dead they can deport her.

Edited by PhootThaiMaiDai
  • Like 2

Australia jails Thai woman for prostituting daughter, 9

SYDNEY, April 16, 2013 (AFP) - A Thai-born woman was jailed in Australia Tuesday for prostituting out her own daughter from the age of nine, marketing her to clients as the "new girl" in crimes condemned as "despicable".

The woman, 41, was jailed for nine years in the Brisbane Supreme Court after pleading guilty to 20 offences including child trafficking and prostitution for putting her daughter into sex work at her massage parlour and brothel.

It started when the girl, then just nine years old, visited her mother on holidays from Thailand in 2004 and continued when she moved to Australia two years later through to September 2011.

The court heard that her mother advertised her as the "new girl" and sent her on callouts from as young as 11, threatening her with violence if she didn't comply and encouraging her to seek gifts and offers of marriage.

She eventually complained to a family friend who reported it to the police.

Judge David Boddice said the woman had engaged in "systemic behaviour of increasing depravity for financial reward", regarding her daughter as a "commodity for use".

"This behaviour was particularly shocking, despicable and reprehensible as it was undertaken by a parent for financial profit... with no regard for common decency," said Boddice.

The woman, reportedly the first to be convicted under Australia's child trafficking laws that were passed in 2005, will be eligible for parole after four years. Child trafficking carries a maximum 25-year jail term.

afplogo.jpg
-- (c) Copyright AFP 2013-04-16

They should hang her.

While I oppose the death penalty - due to inevitable miscarriages of justice, not for any moral reasons - I would have no problem in principle with a charge like this being a capital offense or otherwise worthy of a life sentence.

• Like 1

"Prosecutor Todd Fuller SC said the woman brought the child permanently to Brisbane when she turned 11, making her a partner in the business."

Partner? That's a strange way to put it. I guess you could say the Negro slaves in America were partners in farming. Or you could just say they were slaves.

Along with the paedophiles that took part.

For them, I personally might be OK with a less sever punishment (possibility of parole after 30 years?); their disease could conceivably be regarded as somewhat mitigating - but the mother? No possible rationalization could lessen the evil of her actions.

• Like 1

no law would me a decent punishment ,,, hang is the next option

Beg to disagree with you, I am a "hang em high" type, but in this case I am willing to settle for the middle ground.

Perhaps some Ozzy could tell us the name of the unit where they house the sickos, perverts and other such low life of Ozzy criminal class.

This woman should be sent there to serve as a "comfort woman" to take care of these perverts.

She will be eligible for parole after serving four years.

The above is a prime example of what happens when "the tree huggers" and "bleeding heart liberals" take over the judicary system.

no law would me a decent punishment ,,, hang is the next option

Beg to disagree with you, I am a "hang em high" type, but in this case I am willing to settle for the middle ground.

Perhaps some Ozzy could tell us the name of the unit where they house the sickos, perverts and other such low life of Ozzy criminal class.

This woman should be sent there to serve as a "comfort woman" to take care of these perverts.

She will be eligible for parole after serving four years.

The above is a prime example of what happens when "the tree huggers" and "bleeding heart liberals" take over the judicary system.

In New Zealand she'd probably get home detention and all the left-wing <deleted> would blame her upbringing and say how it wasn't her fault.

In Thailand she'd just pay off the cops.

• Like 1

Wow...someone who is calling for "justice" in the sense of "trial" and "conviction" and "punishment" or even "release after a certain part of the sentence" is a "bleeding heart liberal"...whereas those of you who want to cut of balls and throw everyone to a pack of hungry rats are...what? Upright, law abiding citizens?

I am one of the "tree huggers" and I really want every single case to be transparent and open and for every criminal the chance of redemption and -if it makes any sense- the chance to be re-socialized, but I take my right, to change views, depending on each case seperately.

I wouldn't mind at all, if this "loving mother" would rot in jail forever.

Oh and to answer my question myself: you are a bunch of inhumane, fascist bullies with no sense of justice! At all!

I have a sense of justice. I'd tie the rope around her neck myself.

It is you who has no sense of justice for the little girl.

You make the mother a victim, her detractors "fascist bullies" and yourself above it all.

If you actually had a sense of justice, you'd want justice for the little girl and for society, and not be so concerned about the evil, criminal mother.

• Like 2

Wow...someone who is calling for "justice" in the sense of "trial" and "conviction" and "punishment" or even "release after a certain part of the sentence" is a "bleeding heart liberal"...whereas those of you who want to cut of balls and throw everyone to a pack of hungry rats are...what? Upright, law abiding citizens?

I am one of the "tree huggers" and I really want every single case to be transparent and open and for every criminal the chance of redemption and -if it makes any sense- the chance to be re-socialized, but I take my right, to change views, depending on each case seperately.

Oh and to answer my question myself: you are a bunch of inhumane, fascist bullies with no sense of justice! At all!

You make the mother a victim, her detractors "fascist bullies" and yourself above it all.

If you actually had a sense of justice, you'd want justice for the little girl and for society, and not be so concerned about the evil, criminal mother.

Spoken like a real man! bah.gif

As we have seen on this site, pedophiles are pedophiles into their 90's. and a significant percentage cannot be cured. (maybe someone post the statistics)

The primary reason i'd be ok with the death penalty is to prevent another child from abuse in the future. Anything else gives them a chance for parole or being cleared, or finding a great lawyer that will get them out and more kids will be affected. Id be ok with a penal colony on some island where they could not have any access to children for the rest of their lives, but that's too much to ask for.

Other than that, i have no ideas on how to save these poor kids.

And when its her own mom forcing her to do these things, i begin to have doubts about mankind in general

Sorry, i'm normally a very positive person, but stories like this can move me to the

"glass isnt half empty, its bone f*cken dry!" side of life.blink.png

out

What justice would be done to the girl by executing the mother? She can't show her face in Thailand anymore anyway, her relatives would make her life hell, maybe kill her. They care only that the flow of money stopped. The 'little girl' is 18 now, any damage to her hasn't been reported, and that might have caused the light penalty for mother. How do we know if she suffers or not? We can't just assume that her life is destroyed, because it has to be like that, because everybody says so. Teenage and child pregnancies are becoming ever more common in Thailand, a 14 year old girl who's still a virgin is an exception, except in the precious 1% perhaps who get a propper education about why and when to have sex.

What justice would be done to the girl by executing the mother? She can't show her face in Thailand anymore anyway, her relatives would make her life hell, maybe kill her. They care only that the flow of money stopped. The 'little girl' is 18 now, any damage to her hasn't been reported, and that might have caused the light penalty for mother. How do we know if she suffers or not? We can't just assume that her life is destroyed, because it has to be like that, because everybody says so. Teenage and child pregnancies are becoming ever more common in Thailand, a 14 year old girl who's still a virgin is an exception, except in the precious 1% perhaps who get a propper education about why and when to have sex.

She will have to show her face. Australia has a policy of deportation where serious offences have been committed.

Yet another shining example of morality within the context of Thai culture.

The only reasonable explanation the mother could offer would be confirmed/verified drug addiction such a meth. Meth (yaba) had led mothers to dump their newborns in trash bins. It perverts and twists reasonable thinking.

She will have to show her face. Australia has a policy of deportation where serious offences have been committed.

Not if she has taken out Australian citizenship, then it's too late.

"...the Justice...slammed her behavior?" Nine years in jail for ruining the life of a child, her child?

First they should rip out her uterus, then sew her up backwards, then send her to a men's penitentiary for the rest of her life and send her daughter all the proceeds (of course in AUD not cigarettes). Of course her other day job would be fingering the seven years of pedophiles. Then when she's dead they can deport her.

I like your idea about sending her to a men's penitentiary - that seems fair.

Not if she has taken out Australian citizenship, then it's too late.

Unless..and they have done it...there was any mistatements in any of the documents on which the entry to australia and the citicenship application was based.

http://www.findlaw.com.au/articles/4356/can-you-ever-lose-your-australian-citizenship-stat.aspx

the person has been found guilty of making a false or misleading statement in relating to their citizenship application

the person has been convicted of an offence against either an Australian or foreign law and have either been sentenced to death, or a term of imprisonment for 12 months or more

the person has been convicted of a serious criminal offence and has been sentenced to at least 12 months imprisonment at any time prior to becoming a citizen

the person has gained citizenship either through migration, or third party fraud

the Minister is satisfied that it would be contrary to the public interest if a person remains an Australian citizen.

Readers should be aware that children under the age of 18 can also have their citizenship revoked, unless one of the parents of the child is a citizen. Although the Minister cannot revoke a persons citizenship if they have disclosed all relevant information, and citizenship has been granted. Additionally, the Australian Citizenship Act (the Act) prevents a Minister from revoking a persons citizenship if he or she is unable to become a national or citizen of another country, and in such a case, the Minister cannot cancel the persons citizenship status.

One of the more interesting aspects of the Act can be found in s 35(1)(cool.png and s 35(2), which states; that a person ceases to be an Australian citizen if they choose to serve in the military of another nation that is engaged in armed conflict with Australia.

Revoking a persons citizenship is a serious undertaking and the action can only be carried out under limited circumstances. Also, allow us to reemphasise that if you are a citizen by birth, or have already been granted citizenship legitimately, you will remain an Australian unless you choose to renounce your citizenship.

Edited by harrry

I'm only marginally more sickened by the mother's actions in comparison with the hang-em-high brigades posts.

What I don't understand is that the judge, while issuing strong words about the mother, only gives her 9 years. Why not the full 25?

As one sensible poster said, what's the point in killing the mother when it doesn't undo the harm caused to the girl.

• Like 1