The Price Of Gold Is Crashing. Here's Why

I keep reading in non-Thai sources that Thailand and SE Asia gold shops are out of gold. I do not believe this and wonder at the motives behind this rumour getting circulated? I posted this in the CM thread

anyone experience problems buying gold in the past week or two?

There is gold & there is gold

Usually when prices get low enough yes there is a shortage but not of gold jewelry

chains etc.

The shortage is of Bullion both 96.5% Thai & 99.99% or 99.999 coins

Of course depends on your order size too.

• Replies 224
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Its our friend Mr Conspiracy back again.

As everybody knows

the

price

of

gold

doesn't

go

down.

thats right

when Nixon was in it was around 30 bucks and oz and now its higher proving that gold does not go down

you would indeed need an education if you failed to see how gold is not manipulated - as there are several court cases on now

why do u think the Germans asked for their 400 tons back?

why do u think China bans the export of gold and is buying like there is no tomorrow

why do you think they want the gold from Cyprus as part of the austerity deal

the list goes on and on

Post-Nixon it was a disaster for 25 years between 1980 and 2005 so that only proves you are lazy in checking the junk you copy and paste.
one mans junk is another mans treasure
But in this example junk.

Yoshi

what part of the post is junk

please make link to support your statements

back up what you say with references to my post

I dont often post anymore due to the fact that there seems to be some
territorial nonsense from some posters laying claim to a thread. Anyone
that posts is suddenly pounced upon with derogatory statements like "the junk you copy and paste" so come on sunshine - back up your statements!

• Like 1

Yoshi

that posts is suddenly pounced upon with derogatory statements like "the junk you copy and paste" so come on sunshine - back up your statements!

laugh.pngthere is more chance of a camel passing through the eye of a needle than that happening. He never has and he never will. That's the whole point! These so-called " contrarians " criticise everyone and everything but never support their own hot air with ANYTHING bah.gif

Edited by midas

Yoshi

laugh.pngthere is more chance of a camel passing through the eye of a needle than that happening. He never has and he never will. That's the whole point! These so-called " contrarians " criticise everyone and everything but never support their own hot air with ANYTHING bah.gif

I'll probably never respond directly to Yoshiwara because he is rude and clueless. He keeps saying the last gold bear market lasted through 2005 when everyone knows he's five years off. Several pages back he even posted a chart that proved him wrong. He's like that bratty child no one liked who always said, "I know you are but what am I?"

Yoshi

I'll probably never respond directly to Yoshiwara because he is rude and clueless. He keeps saying the last gold bear market lasted through 2005 when everyone knows he's five years off. Several pages back he even posted a chart that proved him wrong. He's like that bratty child no one liked who always said, "I know you are but what am I?"

rude and clueless Yoshiwara is right with his claim "bear market lastet till 2005" for the simple reason that $500/ounce end of 2005 was also reached in 1987.

one could even go further and take as a basis 1980, id est the claim "bear market lastet till january 2008" is correct.

advice: check facts before sleepwalking laugh.png

HEY EVERYONE CHINA IS STOCKING UP ON GOLD WHAT DO THEY KNOW THAT THE WESTERNERS DO NOT? GOLD HAS NOW REACHED ALMOST 2% OF THEIR TOTAL CASH RESERVES WHICH SHOWS YOU THAT CHINA KNOWS THAT THE OTHER 98% WILL BE WORTHLESS SOON WHICH IS WHY THEY HAVE 2% IN GOLD. BUY GOLD BEFORE HYPERINFLATION HITS.

Yoshi

rude and clueless Yoshiwara is right with his claim "bear market lastet till 2005" for the simple reason that $500/ounce end of 2005 was also reached in 1987.

one could even go further and take as a basis 1980, id est the claim "bear market lastet till january 2008" is correct.

advice: check facts before sleepwalking laugh.png

I wasn't sleepwalking when you wrote the bull market was over at 700 USD a few years ago. FYI that's when I started moving money from PM stocks to physical. Must piss you off to have missed the best sector of the decade. Oh, I know you're going to say you made a killing with some dollar speculation but I'll just continue to take what you say with a chunk of salt. I tried to decipher the rest of what you wrote but sorry, doesn't really look much like English.

Edited by Somnambulist

Yoshi

You mean like this graph (bottom illustration) which clearly shows what happened between 1980 and 2005 which just tracks the dollar price of gold. Factor in inflation and loss of possible interest and the record is a disaster. To recover that we would need to go beyond 1985. So my point stands that Blackjack's observations are junk and Somnambulist's chorus line echo of midas's broken record chimes add very little. Its not very difficult to debunk those whose knowledge amounts to little more than copy and paste. Try studying a little economics or even maths for that matter. http://goldprice.org/gold-price-history.html Edited by yoshiwara

Ahh the sheeple following the plan.

gold ETF's and derivatives

then crash

what did you expect when theres not enough gold on the planet to support these invented trading schemes

now people panic

sell their real gold

and this is bought by the above that never had physical gold in the first place

ANOTHER first class scam!!!

real banks are buying gold

NOT selling

again I ask

what specific part of my post is junk?

Both form and content rubbish and display a thorough lack of understanding of financial instruments. Please don't (as midas does with a cherry on the top) translate your fear of the financial system into gobbledeegook statements of blaming others for your predicament.

Asian bargain hunters pile into gold

As the FT reports, from Shanghai and Hong Kong to India, one dealer noted,
"Older members who have been in the business for 50 years haven’t seen
such a thing." The feverish buying has left many of
Hong Kong's banks, jewelers, and even its gold exchange without enough gold to
meet demand
. Record volumes on Shanghai's exchange, lines
outside Beijing jewelry stores, and the proximity of Hindu festivals drove
"Indian physical demand and premiums," higher as the worlds two
largest gold buying nations prompted one exchange CEO to note that we

hadn't, "seen this kind of gold rush in over 20 years."
It would seem the concerted effort to collapse paper prices in
London and New York has provided the rest of the world a multi-decade buying
opportunity.

http://www.ft.com/intl/cms/s/56244496-ab39-11e2-ac71-00144feabdc0,Authorised=false.html?_i_location=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.ft.com%2Fcms%2Fs%2F0%2F56244496-ab39-11e2-ac71-00144feabdc0.html&_i_referer=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.zerohedge.com%2Fnews%2F2013-04-22%2Fchina-hasnt-seen-gold-rush-20-years#axzz2R6evFE6v