North Korea Demands The Removal Of U N Sanctions If U S Wants Dialogue

webfact

He's threatened the US with thermonuclear attack. About all he's got left is to threaten to blow up the moon with some kind of death ray. sleepy.gif

Yes, your point about the boy idiot is well taken. You are not alone.

John Pike, director of globalsecurity.org said the other day he is worried North Korea has painted itself into a corner situation where it must make good on its threats or risk losing face and credibility. Pike said sending a nuclear bomb over Guam is not implausible, "which makes the Pentagon’s decision to deploy the THAAD anti-missile system only sensible.”

Pike noted that possession of nuclear weapons implies a willingness to use them. If the North Korean leadership felt that a demonstration test against a military target would be of some value, an airburst over Guam would be on the short list, according to Pike. (An air burst is a detonation of a bomb in the air at altitude, rather than near or at ground level.)

“The North Koreans have run out of [non-] kinetic provocations, haven’t they? I mean, how many times can you declare war?” Pike said. “If they don’t start shooting any day now, everybody’s going to say they’re a bunch of chickens, that they can talk the talk but they’re not willing to walk the walk, aren’t they?

And they’re going to say of Kim Jong-Un, "He don’t know how to run nothing but his mouth.”.

I cannot produce a source, but it has been reported that 2 squadrons of the B-52 wing from Barkdales AFB have been placed on ready alert and are currently stationed in Guam. The report I read also stated that they were armed with nuclear warheads.

He's threatened the US with thermonuclear attack. About all he's got left is to threaten to blow up the moon with some kind of death ray. sleepy.gif

John Pike, director of globalsecurity.org said the other day he is worried North Korea has painted itself into a corner situation where it must make good on its threats or risk losing face and credibility. Pike said sending a nuclear bomb over Guam is not implausible, "which makes the Pentagon’s decision to deploy the THAAD anti-missile system only sensible.”

Pike noted that possession of nuclear weapons implies a willingness to use them. If the North Korean leadership felt that a demonstration test against a military target would be of some value, an airburst over Guam would be on the short list, according to Pike. (An air burst is a detonation of a bomb in the air at altitude, rather than near or at ground level.)

“The North Koreans have run out of [non-] kinetic provocations, haven’t they? I mean, how many times can you declare war?” Pike said. “If they don’t start shooting any day now, everybody’s going to say they’re a bunch of chickens, that they can talk the talk but they’re not willing to walk the walk, aren’t they?

And they’re going to say of Kim Jong-Un, "He don’t know how to run nothing but his mouth.”.

I cannot produce a source, but it has been reported that 2 squadrons of the B-52 wing from Barkdales AFB have been placed on ready alert and are currently stationed in Guam. The report I read also stated that they were armed with nuclear warheads.

And that puts the North Koreans on alert. They feel threatened by the US.

Now they demand a " a U.S. pledge not to engage in "nuclear war practice" with South Korea". What will the US do?

Publicus, are you saying if a coup were to take place, then North Korea would retain it's borders and continue on as it's own country (with different leadership)?

What do you think would happen if there was an actual war? New borders and N. Korea is no longer it's own country or what?

Publicus, are you saying if a coup were to take place, then North Korea would retain it's borders and continue on as it's own country (with different leadership)?

What do you think would happen if there was an actual war? New borders and N. Korea is no longer it's own country or what?

China has been moving it's troops to the NK border for an while now. Partly to stop the incoming immigrants, partly to move the border.

If the NK government would collapse, the SK would take it's place.. partly. China would move it's borders a bit to gain access to the sea close to Vladivostok.

There might be even hidden agreements of these moves, so that there is no real reason to have fight between USA (South Korea) and China. At least I hope the parties play this way.

The rest of the North Korea is kept as an 'reserve' for a few decades. During this time their people are 're-educated' that the southern neighbor is the good guy.. and finally the two Koreans will become one.

... and a U.S. pledge not to engage in "nuclear war practice" with South Korea if Washington truly sought dialogue.

I see nothing wrong with that demand.

any military practice involving the US with the SK's could be interpreted as a nuclear war practice, since the US has nuclear weapons. In effect, the NK's are asking for the SK's to not have war practice with the US. Its up to the SK's.

PS if you give in to this demand, they will have another. Thats the way bullies are.

Lastly on another topic, China wants to be seen as a world power and a world leader. They know they'll suffer major credibility hit if they cannot control the NK's. The Chinese too are looking for a way out that makes them look as good as possible. Unfortunately the NK's are truly unpredictable with no social skills on a nation to nation level. Iran think the NK's are nuts.blink.png

In short...

To whom should all countries obey?

Which country is the perfect example, that others could follow?

Then I guess we have a perfect world.

No complaints, no groaning, no whines.

Yea?????

Who is the perfect leader, today?

coffee1.gif

Edited by ravip
  • Like 1

In short...

To whom should all countries obey?

Which country is the perfect example, that others could follow?

Then I guess we have a perfect world.

No complaints, no groaning, no whines.

Yea?????

Who is the perfect leader, today?

coffee1.gif

Here is your answer.. or multipolar answer. Pretty good explanation what is happening now and maybe in the future. Try to listen it without bias to anything.

http://www.ted.com/playlists/73/the_global_power_shift.html

The boy has been educated at the best universities the West has to offer for a decade or so, undiscovered by anyone. He had the discipline to keep a low profile, you remember that even pics of him were unobtainable when his father died, and it was about succession. I bet he acquired an understanding of politics far superior to the crop of Western politicians, let alone us here. Do not underestimate this man. He knows America is at breaking point, and can't afford another large-scale war anymore, not if it wants to preserve the current economic system.

The boy has been educated at the best universities the West has to offer for a decade or so, undiscovered by anyone. He had the discipline to keep a low profile, you remember that even pics of him were unobtainable when his father died, and it was about succession. I bet he acquired an understanding of politics far superior to the crop of Western politicians, let alone us here. Do not underestimate this man. He knows America is at breaking point, and can't afford another large-scale war anymore, not if it wants to preserve the current economic system.

The boy.. and more likely the men who are controlling him, know very well that in the case of war, there current government does not exist anymore.

That's the reason they are not going to start the war.

But if.. if they are pushed too far to the corner, they'll know that they have nothing to loose anymore. Then it's time to write the names to the history books.

Now it's actually quite interesting as the game is being played. Most of the rest of the world are getting bored for the threads and the oncoming negotiations might not be as glorious as Kim Il whatever expected it to be. North Korea has played the same way for a long time, this time it just might be that the rest of the world is not going to play along the same way.

Time will tell.

The boy has been educated at the best universities the West has to offer for a decade or so, undiscovered by anyone.

Except you yes?

If there was a self opinionated fat tank of a kid with a pudding bowl haircut in roll call, stood on a red silk cushion, I think someone would have noticed.

Or were these secret underground CIA funded universities?

• Like 1

The boy has been educated at the best universities the West has to offer for a decade or so, undiscovered by anyone.

Except you yes?

If there was a self opinionated fat tank of a kid with a pudding bowl haircut in roll call, stood on a red silk cushion, I think someone would have noticed.

What has his haircut to do with it? Why some posters here are so obsessed with his haircut? Is that an American thing?

And that puts the North Koreans on alert. They feel threatened by the US.

Now they demand a " a U.S. pledge not to engage in "nuclear war practice" with South Korea". What will the US do?

The U.S. removed its tactical nuclear weapons from S Korea in 1991. The U.S. hasn't any known nuclear weapons in NE Asia. You are regurgitating Pyongyang propaganda. Pyongyang recently sank a S Korean submarine resulting in the loss of 43 S Korean sailors. Pyongyang also bombarded a S Korean island which also resulted in fatalities. In these and other instances S Korea has shown wise restraint. However, the unified U.S. Korean military command needs always to show it is prepared to fight a war in response to N Korean belligerence and aggression. You do recall that N Korea invaded the South, without provocation, in June 1950?. Try not to be so confused by the facts.

As to the report U.S. B-52 nuclear armed bombers have been sent to Guam, I haven't heard or seen that, but I wouldn't be surprised. The bouncing baby boy Kim Jon-gun has to be made aware that nuclear weapons are not cherry bombs to throw at the guys in the other classroom for laughs. Openly threatening to initiate the first use of nuclear weapons in the present context of perpetual hostility on the peninsula is not child's play.

The U.S. anyway has boomer subs in the western pacific and near the Korean peninsula. Sending B-52 and other bombers to Guam is just a much more visible forward military posture.

Pres Obama is befuddling Pongyang's long time strategy of blackmail. Obama has turned the table on Pyongyang, saying he will remove the new anti-missile missiles from the region if Kim & Co will negotiate over their nuclear weapons. Obama's de-escalation would still leave the U.S.-Korean Combined Forces Command with at least the same level of defensive posture as existed before baby boy Kim started his dangerous antics.

Beijing meanwhile has lost face over its brainchild N Korea and continues to loose face, severely.

• Like 2

Yes.

War on the peninsula would be avoided by a coup orchestrated by Beijing. With secrecy as the way of life in both Pyongyang and Beijing, the coup could occur up to two weeks or so before we'd know it, perhaps a month. Kim's father was not seen for months after he'd had his first stroke.

The U.S. removed its tactical nuclear weapons from S Korea in 1991. The U.S. hasn't any known nuclear weapons in NE Asia. You are regurgitating Pyongyang propaganda. Pyongyang recently sank a S Korean submarine resulting in the loss of 43 S Korean sailors. Pyongyang also bombarded a S Korean island which also resulted in fatalities. In these and other instances S Korea has shown wise restraint. However, the unified U.S. Korean military command needs always to show it is prepared to fight a war in response to N Korean belligerence and aggression. You do recall that N Korea invaded the South, without provocation, in June 1950?. Try not to be so confused by the facts.

As to the report U.S. B-52 nuclear armed bombers have been sent to Guam, I haven't heard or seen that, but I wouldn't be surprised. The bouncing baby boy Kim Jon-gun has to be made aware that nuclear weapons are not cherry bombs to throw at the guys in the other classroom for laughs. Openly threatening to initiate the first use of nuclear weapons in the present context of perpetual hostility on the peninsula is not child's play.

The U.S. anyway has boomer subs in the western pacific and near the Korean peninsula. Sending B-52 and other bombers to Guam is just a much more visible forward military posture.

Pres Obama is befuddling Pongyang's long time strategy of blackmail. Obama has turned the table on Pyongyang, saying he will remove the new anti-missile missiles from the region if Kim & Co will negotiate over their nuclear weapons. Obama's de-escalation would still leave the U.S.-Korean Combined Forces Command with at least the same level of defensive posture as existed before baby boy Kim started his dangerous antics.

Beijing meanwhile has lost face over its brainchild N Korea and continues to loose face, severely.

I remember you called the Russians in Korea occupier. but the Russians left in 1948. The US never. why?

As for a North Korean "Invasion" to the South - The North Korean are Koreans after all why should they accept some foreign rule that divided their country? What was the business of the US then? protect their installed dictator?

In the Korean POV the US is the aggressor and the current confrontation was triggered by the US show of force with that B-2 bombers dropping dummy bombs. new training version of Operation Hudson Harbor.

I don't know if that story about nuclear warheads in Guam is true or not, but it doesn't sounded like NK propaganda to me.

And if i listen here on all the experts on haircuts and how "we" could turn NK into a glass clots in under five minutes than there might be something true.

Furthermore any of these sanction probably doesn't help much either. it just brings suffer to the people as history has shown.

i wish for the Korean that they can be one united country one day. like Germany. I don't see American war games helping there much. is just tearing the country further apart.

And where does China lose some face here? I don't think so. They focus on what really happens and not on haircuts.

Yes.

War on the peninsula would be avoided by a coup orchestrated by Beijing. With secrecy as the way of life in both Pyongyang and Beijing, the coup could occur up to two weeks or so before we'd know it, perhaps a month. Kim's father was not seen for months after he'd had his first stroke.

China will not play dirty tricks and force a regime change in Korea.

why should they? Kim Jong un stands for reforms. it is expected he will modernize the country. he likes mickey mouse and that sport from America.

but of course never give up to be a proud Korean and don't let foreigners dictate him what to do.

What has his haircut to do with it? Why some posters here are so obsessed with his haircut? Is that an American thing?

It must be an internet thing. Nobody talks about his haircut. Personally, I think his hairdo looks kind of cool.

He knows America is at breaking point, and can't afford another large-scale war anymore, not if it wants to preserve the current economic system.

LOL. I take it you don't live in the USA or have knowledge of American life during the world wars?

Edited by IsaanUSA
  • Like 2

My first immediate plea to Mr. Nookie-in -the -shower demands was: PLEASE! don't give them anything. Let his starving people tear him into pieces.

My second thought was: DON'T BE A FOOL! Surely they will give him what he needs. Not because they are afraid of him, but because they need him. To keep us afraid of him, of nuke-war and to approve further arms build-up which we do not need.

Just watch the events. They will give!laugh.png

I remember you called the Russians in Korea occupier. but the Russians left in 1948. The US never. why?

As for a North Korean "Invasion" to the South - The North Korean are Koreans after all why should they accept some foreign rule that divided their country? What was the business of the US then? protect their installed dictator?

In the Korean POV the US is the aggressor and the current confrontation was triggered by the US show of force with that B-2 bombers dropping dummy bombs. new training version of Operation Hudson Harbor.

I don't know if that story about nuclear warheads in Guam is true or not, but it doesn't sounded like NK propaganda to me.

And if i listen here on all the experts on haircuts and how "we" could turn NK into a glass clots in under five minutes than there might be something true.

Furthermore any of these sanction probably doesn't help much either. it just brings suffer to the people as history has shown.

i wish for the Korean that they can be one united country one day. like Germany. I don't see American war games helping there much. is just tearing the country further apart.

And where does China lose some face here? I don't think so. They focus on what really happens and not on haircuts.

I tried to delete Publicus' post to save band-width but THE QUOTE FUNCTION IS A MESS.

Whew, glad that's off my mind.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Now to Mr./Ms ZhouZhou's perplexing question about why the US has remained in South Korea.

1. South Korea and the US have a mutual defense pact.

2, The US has a military presence in the South at the request of the South Korean government.

3. The US presence is requested because the South does not wish to see a repeat of the 1950 invasion from the belligerent North Koreans.

4. The US doesn't give a tinker's dam what the North thinks about their presence in the South.

Having said this, I feel safe in saying the US might entertain a request from the North to position some of our military in Pyongyang if the request were to come and be nicely worded. Pyongyang might consider throwing a "please" or "thank you" into the request rather than saying something like..."you will come or we will bomb the south and the US with nuclear weapons". Gun boat diplomacy only works when you have very large gun boats.

We don't want the South to invade the North so we would be prepared to defend the North against any surprise, murderous, sneak attack from the South...just as we help defend the South against the North.

• Like 2

Except you yes?

Because he is a clown in policy and rhetoric as well as looks. How can anyone take anything about him seriously. I am hanging up the phone. I am cutting the line. I am blowing up the world. Marvin the Midget Martian comes to mind.

• Like 1

Except you yes?

Because he is a clown in policy and rhetoric as well as looks. How can anyone take anything about him seriously. I am hanging up the phone. I am cutting the line. I am blowing up the world. Marvin the Midget Martian comes to mind.

They can't even keep the lights on.

http://www.space.com/19049-black-marble-earth-night-photos.html?cmpid=514630

Kim Il onceagain could alter the next nuke to become an neutron bomb. Put it to an balloon and take it to the high up.

Then detonate it at high altitude creating EMP. 30km altitude should be enough to reach almost whole South Korea and some parts of Japan.

This would just be an "test" on their own soil. It would not have too much effect to NK, but there would be quite a few dead Samsung mobiles at the south.

An electromagnetic pulse (commonly abbreviated EMP) is a burst of electromagnetic radiation. The abrupt pulse of electromagnetic radiation usually results from certain types of high-energy explosions, especially a nuclear explosion, or from a suddenly fluctuating magnetic field. The resulting rapidly changing electric fields and magnetic fields may couple with electrical/electronic systems to produce damaging current and voltage surges.

In military terminology, a nuclear warhead detonated hundreds of kilometers above the Earth's surface is known as a high-altitude electromagnetic pulse (HEMP) device. Effects of a HEMP device depend on a very large number of factors, including the altitude of the detonation, energy yield, gamma ray output, interactions with the Earth's magnetic field, and electromagnetic shielding of targets.http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Electromagnetic_pulse

Mosha, on 22 April 2013 - 21:01 said,

They can't even keep the lights on.

http://www.space.com...ml?cmpid=514630

To which I would add many CCP-PRC corporate types who have investments in N Korea are bailing out of the country by the hundreds, as the news report below states.

The North's economy always is in a fragile state so the many CCP investors there now trying to pull out suddenly and immediately are meeting strong resistance from Pyongyang. The report states that a number of the CCP corporate types, holed up in a Pyongyang hotel, cooling their heels, already have been deported sans their investments.

I think while it shows a good business sense by the CCP investors, it also shows the increasing alienation between Beijing and Pyongyang.

It certainly makes clear that all this talk by Pyongyang of a first nuclear strike being imminent, the PRChinese reaction ranges from nervous to panicked.

Chinese Investors Are Reportedly Having Big Money Trouble In North Korea

Geoffrey Ingersoll | Apr. 22, 2013, 5:11 PM

Read more: http://www.businessinsider.com/chinese-businessmen-are-in-a-fix-in-north-korea-2013-4#ixzz2RFiQ21bu

Edited by Publicus

Now Beijing is announcing that Pyongyang has a fourth nuclear test in the works.

Beijing makes clear they are opposed to it, but can't do much about it, which all the evidence seems to indicate is true. Pyongyang's nuclear development is a message to Beijing too, ie, you guys in Beijing can't push us around any more with your talk of N Korea adopting Deng Xiao Peng style economic reforms, that we should denuclearize so we don't provoke S Korea especially into becoming a nuclear power too etc.

http://www.wantchinatimes.com/news-subclass-cnt.aspx?id=20130424000106&cid=1101