Help Truevisions

nonthaburial

went to bed last night after watching all the latest news etc on True, woke up this morning to find that I have lost all my Gold and Platinum channels, although the channel identifications etc all show.

I have also noticed that whilst going through the channels, it appears a lot of them have been moved.

Now the major problem, apart from the loss of the channels, is that I am in China and did rent the box etc legally through my Bangkok address, however calling True for a service visit is not an option.

Has anyone else got the same problems. Is it me, my equipment or True who is to blame ??

They added new channels last night. Mine had problems, called them and obviously I have an old box requiring upgrade/swap. Hopefully will have it before I come home tonight. Give them a call...

Thanks for the response, however as I said I am in China so calling them will probably not be of help. This box is also about 6 months old also.

Perhaps patience is the key and slowly the missing channels will reappear !!!

It seems like they change many of the channels, now another 6 months to learn where may favorite stations are. Some of the channels are slowly coming back on. I hate True Visions. Anyone knew of these change in advance? This company has no customer service at all. If it wasn't for the American sports and news I would never purchase this mess.

The upgrade/channel reordering was suppose to be done by 8am/Friday morning but when I turned the TV on at 8:15am quite a few of the English language channels were dead (no video or audio). But around 8:20am CNN came back....around 8:40am BBC, CNN, and Bloomberg came back. Seems the English channels are slowly coming back with many of them with new channel numbers.

Here's a TrueVisions Link that will give more info.

And here's a TrueVisions Link that gives the new channel lineup.

Edited by Pib
  • Like 1

They warned about these updates during the last month. They have added more channels and changed the channel order.

If that was all, fine, but among others, the Golf Channel, which is now supposed to be channel #156 (it was #111) has instead disappeared alltogether (it has colored bars through it)!.

Anyone locate the Golf Channel? Also, there are 8 others which have disappeared that were on the new channel order. I have the Platinum Package

They warned about these updates during the last month. They have added more channels and changed the channel order.

If that was all, fine, but among others, the Golf Channel, which is now supposed to be channel #156 (it was #111) has instead disappeared alltogether (it has colored bars through it)!.

Anyone locate the Golf Channel? Also, there are 8 others which have disappeared that were on the new channel order. I have the Platinum Package

Pib says:

For HD, the Golf Channel is supposedly at channel 156 per the new channel line-up shown above link. Didn't see it listed for a SD channel unless maybe it's one of those TrueSport channels 101-107.

Edited by Pib

Pib says:

For HD, the Golf Channel is supposedly at channel 156 per the new channel line-up shown above link. Didn't see it listed for a SD channel unless maybe it's one of those TrueSport channels 101-107.

Golf Channel is now back on in its new position of 156, but they are showing it in SD, not in HD as advertised. However, it may well be a repeat of one they had on 111 that was not HD. Time will tell.

As to the rest that had not made it from their old channels to their new channels:

So far, on my TV, the one's listed on the new channel listing that I cannot access is 74 (skipped channel - was the one they replaced Star World with), BeTV new channel 84 (grey screen), new channel 94 Phoenix (grey screen), new channel 101 Thai Sports 1 (grey screen), new channel 104 Thai Sports 4 (grey screen), new channel 108 (Fox Sports - the old ESPN - grey screen), new channel 117 True Sports Extra 1 (grey screen), new channel 151 Thai Sports HD2 (grey screen), and new channel 165 Sun (colored bars).

Yep, I even got a test message (in English) via phone that they will update/move the channels.

Why they move them, I don't know but it's a pain in the ass as others also mention now just got used to where they are and now you have to start from scratch again

Pib says:

Golf Channel is now back on in its new position of 156, but they are showing it in SD, not in HD as advertised. However, it may well be a repeat of one they had on 111 that was not HD. Time will tell.

As to the rest that had not made it from their old channels to their new channels:

So far, on my TV, the one's listed on the new channel listing that I cannot access is 74 (skipped channel - was the one they replaced Star World with), BeTV new channel 84 (grey screen), new channel 94 Phoenix (grey screen), new channel 101 Thai Sports 1 (grey screen), new channel 104 Thai Sports 4 (grey screen), new channel 108 (Fox Sports - the old ESPN - grey screen), new channel 117 True Sports Extra 1 (grey screen), new channel 151 Thai Sports HD2 (grey screen), and new channel 165 Sun (colored bars).

Rebooted and still the same.

Yep, I even got a test message (in English) via phone that they will update/move the channels.

Why they move them, I don't know but it's a pain in the ass as others also mention now just got used to where they are and now you have to start from scratch again

I think that you can reorder them through the box but not sure how to just yet. Agree it is a pain.

So far, on my TV, the one's listed on the new channel listing that I cannot access is 74 (skipped channel - was the one they replaced Star

World with), BeTV new channel 84 (grey screen), new channel 94 Phoenix (grey screen), new channel 101 Thai Sports 1 (grey screen), new channel

104 Thai Sports 4 (grey screen), new channel 108 (Fox Sports - the old ESPN - grey screen), new channel 117 True Sports Extra 1 (grey screen),

new channel 151 Thai Sports HD2 (grey screen), and new channel 165 Sun (colored bars).

Also had this but in the last 5 mins all ok, may need a box power down and up to reset. (think 165 has no program content yet, just test bars)

seems to me you only got warned if you hire a box (i bought one). anyway, if golf channel will be hd, that would be awesome! its the channel i watch the most.

I don't even know if I own my decoder or rent? I think it must be rental as they came and changed the old one without me asking.

What is the difference of owning versus renting?

Sorry a bit off topic.

So far, on my TV, the one's listed on the new channel listing that I cannot access is 74 (skipped channel - was the one they replaced Star

World with), BeTV new channel 84 (grey screen), new channel 94 Phoenix (grey screen), new channel 101 Thai Sports 1 (grey screen), new channel

104 Thai Sports 4 (grey screen), new channel 108 (Fox Sports - the old ESPN - grey screen), new channel 117 True Sports Extra 1 (grey screen),

new channel 151 Thai Sports HD2 (grey screen), and new channel 165 Sun (colored bars).

Also had this but in the last 5 mins all ok, may need a box power down and up to reset. (think 165 has no program content yet, just test bars)

They have done away with 74, which only last month replaced Star World. 165 shows a future channel, so we will see (maybe they will bring back the Panda Channel since we all loved that). The rest I put above came into view as I was on the phone with the Truevisionstv technician.

For those who have asked, if you have the HD box as I have, you can't skip a channel nor rearrange channels. The only option is to set your favorite channels and then access your favorities each time and they will be available in their current possitions, but you will miss the vast majority you have no interest int. I have been told that you may be able to skip channels on your own TV so they never show on the cable TV, but so far I haven't figured out how to do this.

seems to me you only got warned if you hire a box (i bought one). anyway, if golf channel will be hd, that would be awesome! its the channel i watch the most.

I don't even know if I own my decoder or rent? I think it must be rental as they came and changed the old one without me asking.

What is the difference of owning versus renting?

Sorry a bit off topic.

If you were renting your old box, you are now renting the new one. If you had their old PVR that you had purchased, then that one is yours, but you are renting the new one. If you had purchased a different type of box (Dreambox?) and they came and took it away and replaced it with the new True box, you are renting the new box and I have no idea what they did with your old box.

just for your info, its possible to buy truevision real boxes from some tv/cable shops, and get cards from truevision stores. this is what i do. i dont really like it cause i cant use pvr, but i didnt know that when i bought it. however, its very useful if you want to drop the subscription for a while.

Edited by chrgrims

Really p*ssed off with True Visions any one know of a good satellite alternative that gives a reasonable amount of English channels a good selection of sport (including some cricket would be nice).

Only got the gold package as wanted to watch the Premier League. Also paid 150B per month extra to watch matches in HD.

Was going to cancel the HD after the end of thisseason as no more PL, but now other programs I occasionally watch like Nat Geographic and the History Channel plus have been removed and can now only watch these on the HD channels.

Would like to hear of any alternatives to True.

Their customer service sucks. Still waiting for the monthly magazine, never gets to me before the 8th of the month. Not that I miss it as I found when they changed to the new layout it was almost worse than useless but good to fire up the BBQ..

• 1 month later...

On many True Vision English channels (Discovery in particular) the default language is Thai. Using the "audio" button this can be changed to "English" but when I revisit the channel I find it has reverted to Thai. Has anyone found a way to reset the default language or am I the only one with this problem?