Truvisions Upgrade

elfpattaya

Why True changed the order on all channels, now you can hardly find the movie channels...

They will soon lose me as a customer, UBC only gets worse with time.

What annoys me isn't the changing of the order, it's that the software does not allow you to edit the order yourself. The box i had years ago from UBC allowed you to do this. Isn't technological progress all about getting more functions, not less? How is it, it was possible before, but now it's not. And how is it that before, they could provide on screen program information like episode number, but now they can't?

Invariably with True, it's one step forward, two steps back.

I assume you have satellite because the channels cannot be grouped by genre.

I have True Visions cable, which, I assume gives exactly the same channel line-up.

But.... you can group the channels as you like.

Why True changed the order on all channels, now you can hardly find the movie channels...

What annoys me isn't the changing of the order, it's that the software does not allow you to edit the order yourself. The box i had years ago from UBC allowed you to do this. Isn't technological progress all about getting more functions, not less? How is it, it was possible before, but now it's not. And how is it that before, they could provide on screen program information like episode number, but now they can't?

I have True Visions cable, which, I assume gives exactly the same channel line-up.

I have cable, and i was talking about the ability to reorder channels and remove channels of no interest. It's what i always did before. It's what i can't do now. I can select favourite channels, but it means when opening the TV guide, selecting genre, then selecting favourites. It's a pig of a system.

I have cable, and i was talking about the ability to reorder channels

and remove channels of no interest. It's what i always did before.

I agree with you 100%.

I so wish I could get rid of the channels that I NEVER watch like you used to be able to do.

Now they have 200 channels and I would like to see what is on some of them, but it takes 10 minutes to flip though all of them.

It just SUCKS!

I so wish some that works a UBC would read this thread and come up with a way that you can group channels and more importantly remove the ones that you never watch.

Edited by billaaa777
  • Like 1

If you can group channels and put them next to each other, I really wish you would explain how to do it.

I have tried, and I also went to the UBC office and they could not tell me.

If anybody knows how to program out the channels you do not watch, if you shared that information I am sure quite a few people would appreciate it.

I have used the "Favorite Channel" selection and I have no idea what it does other than waste your time selecting the ones that you want to keep and they still all come up.

I have used the "Favorite Channel" selection and I have no idea what it does other than waste your time selecting the ones that you want to keep and they still all come up.

What you need to do mate is once you have the TV screen guide up, hit one of the coloured keys - green or yellow i think - for changing the genre. Then select "favourites" from the short list and click "ok". Your TV guide will then just show all your favourite channels, denoted by the star. It helps weed out all the crap, but it's a convoluted process that requires quite a bit of fumbling about with your remote. It is though the only option.

Yes I know the old box I had before, you could change order and also block channels. I still have my old one, but can't use it with the new card

Edited by andygunther

I have cable, and i was talking about the ability to reorder channels and remove channels of no interest. It's what i always did before. It's what i can't do now. I can select favourite channels, but it means when opening the TV guide, selecting genre, then selecting favourites. It's a pig of a system.

I agree it's a pig of a system. You get a TV guide ?? They stopped mine 3 months ago, saying the paper wasn't eco friendly cheesy.gif

What you need to do mate is once you have the TV screen guide up, hit one of the coloured keys - green or yellow i think - for changing the genre. Then select "favourites" from the short list and click "ok". Your TV guide will then just show all your favourite channels, denoted by the star. It helps weed out all the crap, but it's a convoluted process that requires quite a bit of fumbling about with your remote. It is though the only option.

I wish True could make all the other genre work as well, like Movies, sport, kids ....

• Like 1

Associated with the current channel changes True appear to have removed the standard 'Gold' package. Gold HD is available at an increase of 150 Baht.

So for subscribers on standard Gold here could be an enforced increase of 150 on the next bill.

Note, only a heads up as not checked with True yet.

Info at True http://www.truevisionstv.com/package.aspx?id=9

Does the small man at head office scratch his tiny brain to muster up ways of complicating matters with channel groupings. Does this small man decide whether or not to supply it's lifeline (us the customers) with a hi-tech set-top box or a low-grade functionally-useless piece of kit. cheesy.gif

I agree it's a pig of a system. You get a TV guide ?? They stopped mine 3 months ago, saying the paper wasn't eco friendly cheesy.gif

Actually mate i was talking not about the magazine, but the on screen TV guide. I still get the magazine, but it's about half the size it once was and only gives programming on any given channel for a few hours of the day, so pretty much useless... besides for checking out what the latest deals are for pizzas and other fast food crap with which to waste your money.

• 2 weeks later...

Called True a few days ago to ask why some channels seem to have been dissapeared , Star World, one of the History Channels and a couple more seem to have gone

Girl on the Phone said they had been cancelled however I know have more HD Channels so this made up for it she said,

I pointed out that I had less channels but was paying the same amount and they do this every year but she just ummed and changed the subject

Asked her about the Premier League for next season (which is true that one of the cable companies has got the rights for the next 3 years) and she said True were releasing a statement next month about what was happening

There is a thread on TV somewhere where the Head of True said he didn't think they would lose many customers if they don't show the football, think he may be in for a bit of a shock if indeed they don't show it laugh.png

• Like 1

Am always amazed that everybody uses the word upgrade, when a lot of the time a downgrade is the outcome.

I suppose next year's world cup will be the usual brinkmanship, last baht, ministers waffling about legislation to protect consumers etc.