Pattaya Songkran Warm-Up In Naklua

Rimmer

Pattaya Songkran warm-up in Naklua

naklua-3.jpg
PATTAYA:--On 18th April Songkran is celebrated in the Naklua area and is seen as a warm-up exercise for many who will attend the Pattaya Songran Festival on 19th April. The usual chaotic scenes of water fighting were seen and a lack of Police on the streets was noted by journalists who braved the water to record the event.

Along the entire 3km stretch of the Naklua Road, thousands lined the streets and dodged traffic in scenes which suggested any security arrangements put into place for the event were non-existent.

Full story:http://www.pattayaone.net/pattaya-news/83652/pattaya-songkran-warm-up-naklua/

pattaya-one.jpg
-- Pattaya One 2013-04-19

The 2 or 3 hours I spent wondering up and down Naklua Rd "supervising" Jr were surprisingly agro free. In spite of Jr having a water gun with a 10l tank and a desire to ensure no dry person (or wet for that matter) escaped his attention, we were greeted with lots of people out for a good time. We did escape the madness relatively early and could still hear the die hard crowd whooping it up at 9pm, being an old and grumpy fart I was safely ensconced in my room and thinking of the merits of bed at this time.

• Like 1